cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: I cant talk to my team

Kyle k Member Since: Apr 3, 2017
1 of 7

Hello, so my manager invited me to his "team" i accepted to be in his team, but i cant talk or even see the freelancer hes been talking to, he has not gave me the responsibility to handle the free lancer hes been interacting with, but i cant see her as if shes not even in the team, he said he sent her a request to accept me in and she has accepted me in sapposobly but it doesnt show?

Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
2 of 7

Hi Kyle, 

I checked your account and can see that you currently have a client account. Are you using a different freelancer account where your client hired you? Please take note that it is a violation of the Upwork ToS to use multiple accounts on the platform. 

-Avery
Untitled
3 of 7

HELLO!,

Thanks for the fast reply, the client didnt hire me, my manager created my account, he found a free lancer invited me and the freelancer to a team and he wants me now to handle the rest, but my account doesnt show me the freelancer he had hired, is the problem because my manager created my account under client?

4 of 7

i accedintally put that you fixed the issue, sorry, hope to get a reply soon.

Thank you!

5 of 7

nevermind its fixed! not sure how but if it was you or me thank you for your help lol!

Highlighted
Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
BEST ANSWER
6 of 7

Hi Kyle, 

Please take note that account sharing is also a violation of the Upwork ToS and users should not share their account login information with anyone else. 

If you need to work with your client on the platform, he needs to hire you as a freelancer, and add you as a team to his company. You may want to send these help articles to your client so that he can setup his team more efficiently. 

I invite both you and your client to read up on this thread so that you can both work more efficiently and effectively on the platform. 

-Avery
Untitled
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
7 of 7

I don't think Kyle is a freelancer.

It sounds like Kyle's (real world brick and mortar company) manager wants Kyle to manage a project a freelancer was hired for and invited Kyle to the team, which would actually be the correct way to do it?

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS