🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: I changed my account name but my profile ...
Page options
brotibi
Community Member

I changed my account name but my profile name is yet to change. What do I do?

So basically I successfully changed my account name to my real name but my profile name(The name that other upwork users see) is still the same old nickname that I don't want. What do I do?

22 REPLIES 22
prestonhunter
Community Member

The name you use should be your real legal name.

This applies to the profile name as well as the account name, and the name you use on your payment withdrawal method.

The thing to NOT worry about is your Upwork "username," which is the name you enter when you log into the site. This is not a name displayed to users.

JoanneP

Hi Mobolaji, 

I checked your account and I can confirm that your name change request has been approved. Please let us know if you need further help. Thanks!

~ Joanne
Upwork

Also, i need to solve this problem. Can you help me, please?

Hi Md, 

I checked your account, and can see that your account name matches the name on your profile. If you are not seeing the same information, you can let us know and our team will be happy to assist you further.

~ Avery
Upwork

Hi there Avery,

I've got the same problem - My profile still reflects my old name. I've cleared my cache and cookies and tried a different browser, which didn't help to solve the problem. Any assistance is much appreciated.

TIA,

Andrea

Hi Andrea,

Your profile has been reset and you should see your new name on your profile. Feel free to message us if the problem persists.

Thank you

Pradeep H.

Upwork

Hi Pradeep,

My profile name reflects my updated name, thanks a ton for your assistance!

Regards,

Andrea

e4229184
Community Member

Hi Joanne,

Today I changed my upwork profile name but it's partially changed like it shows my new name but when I tap on "view my Profile" It shows the older one .

Please Help me in this situation I've pending payment section

Here's the link to my profile- **Edited for Community Guidelines**

Thanks,

keshav

Hi Keshav,

Could you please clear your cache and cookies or log in with another browser to check if the issue persists? 

Let us know if you need further assistance. 

Thank you,

~ Nikola
Upwork
e4229184
Community Member

Thanks Nikola,

Now it's solved

Hello Maija,

Your profile has been reset and you should see your new name on your profile. Feel free to message us if the problem persists.

Thank you

Pradeep H.

Upwork
6ffbedb7
Community Member

Hi Joanne,

I have contacted support team on Twitter and my name change has not been successful, Please help me out.

Thank you.

Hi Mwania,

You can update your profile name in Settings > Contact info.

~Andrea
Upwork
babdc708
Community Member

Please help me I have the same problem 

Hello there, 

I do not see any name change request initiated on the account. You can update your name from the Settings page > Contact info tab.

- Pradeep

Upwork
babsmarketer
Community Member

Hello Upwork, I have same issue.

I've successfully changed my Account name but my profile still reflects my old name.
Please help me have a look at it

Hi Victor,

I can see that you've been communicating with the team handling your case via a support ticket. I highly suggest you continue doing that so that the team can assist you more efficiently.

~ Arjay
Upwork
706a14a3
Community Member

Hello Moderator, I have same problem.
I've changed my Account name but my profile still reflects my old name.
Could you please help me to solve this problem, greatly appreciated.

Hi Andrea,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here .

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork

Hi Upwork, I have changed my profile name before verify my account. Now I see in the notification and  Upwork mail here is mentioned old name. I would love to use my present name everywhere.

Thanks

Hi Md. Maruf,

We’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ AJ
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths