🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » I did not log in time in my first project. I'...
Page options
eeeb8fb9
Community Member

I did not log in time in my first project. I'm afraid of being "too much" to my client

Hello, newbie here. I signed up on upwork for a freelancer account last week and I was lucky to get a job within a day. Sadly, I was so excited about the gig that I didn't know I had to track my time. I'm on an hourly contract, but I am afraid I might not get paid for that job, even though I talked to the client and he agreed on compensating for 2 hours (in reality I spent around 3.5 hours but I was afraid of being "too much" and receive bad rating). How do I go about this? Client has a verified payment system, but I don't know what to do to notify Upwork team. Thanks for your help.

FYI: The client has disabled manual time... if that helps

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AleksandarD
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Desmond,

While working on Hourly contracts, we always suggest using the Upwork Desktop App to track the time you spent working. As long as the hours you log with the app meet the Hourly Protection criteria, you will be paid for the time you invoice. You can check this help article to learn more. I suggest that you discuss this with your client so that you can log the time this week or they can pay you a bonus. Regarding manual time, if the client enables it, you can choose to log the time that way, but please note that manual time is not protected under our Hourly Payment Protection.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
AleksandarD
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Desmond,

While working on Hourly contracts, we always suggest using the Upwork Desktop App to track the time you spent working. As long as the hours you log with the app meet the Hourly Protection criteria, you will be paid for the time you invoice. You can check this help article to learn more. I suggest that you discuss this with your client so that you can log the time this week or they can pay you a bonus. Regarding manual time, if the client enables it, you can choose to log the time that way, but please note that manual time is not protected under our Hourly Payment Protection.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths