🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » I did not receive my payment
Page options
06933fa0
Community Member

I did not receive my payment

I worked on a project for a client and I did not receive my payment, I told Upwork I could do it and it tells me that it needs photos of my ID and me holding it, which seems inappropriate to me if I can receive payments on this platform. What I can do?

1 REPLY 1
ArjayM

Hi Luz,

I checked your account and confirmed that there's no contract that has been established for the work you're referring to. 

Please be reminded that any request for free work is not allowed on Upwork, and it is a violation of Upwork's Terms of Service. 

I would like to let you know that sharing contact information before a contract has started is against Upwork's Terms of Service and that all communications prior to the contract starting must take place on Upwork.

I've shared your report to our Trust & Safety team for further review. They will have the job post and the client's account thoroughly reviewed and take action accordingly if necessary. We also encourage you to let us know if you find anything suspicious has happened by using the Flag as Inappropriate option throughout the platform. You can learn more about user reporting here.

Additionally, you may want to check this help article  and this thread for more information on how to stay safe on Upwork.

~ Arjay
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths