🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » 5-Digit Verification Code
Page options
danielle_kress
Community Member

I didn't receive a text message verification code

**Edited to Update - this thread has been closed from further replies due to its size.**

I pushed the verify phone number button and have yet to receive my verication code. Will someone from the admin team please contact me. 

2,981 REPLIES 2,981

I use my phone number to verify my account and the code is never texted to me. 

I've tried another phone number, resetting my browser, using another browser, and nothing works.

I will likely need some tech support to override this block so I can finally get my page approved.

Thank you!

David

Hi David,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with your verification. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

I’m also unable to verify my account. I get to the page to verify my phone number to receive a code, but no matter how I enter in my number or which browser I use, it doesn’t go anywhere. I’ve even tried the app and still get stuck. Please help.
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Kristina, 

A member of the Customer Support Team will reach out to you to assist you with your concern. 

~ Avery
Upwork

Hello, Avery,
I think I'm having an issue with verfication I'm also using a number that has an out of state area code

I cannot verify my phone number. When I click to verify nothing happens

I can't verify mine either, when i click the button to verify, nothing happens. I've tried multiple browsers and even mobile browsers and it still doesn't work

Hi Christopher and Mark,

We're sorry to hear that you are having trouble completing the phone verification process. One of our customer support agents will reach out to you via email directly to assist you further, thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork
alerise
Community Member

Hello,

Also experiencing issues with the verify phone number not responding. Tried multiple browsers and computers.

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Alexander, and Jawara, 

I've shared your account information with the Customer Support Team and they will reach out to you both to assist you with your verification.

~ Avery
Upwork

Hello!

I am facing the same issue. I have tried using different browsers but the problem persists. I'm not receiving any text message to verify my number. 

Hi Shrishti, 

I'll go ahead and share your account information with the Customer Support Team so that they can assist you further.

~ Avery
Upwork

Hi - can you also please share my account with the Customer Support Team?  (I was the original post) than you.

luciadegiovanni
Community Member

I have already entered the code to verify my phone number and when I try to complete my profile, a pop up screen asks for my phone number again to verify it but it gets stuck when I enter it, and "Verify phone number" is not working, thus I am unable to complete my profile.  Please help.  Thank you.

Hi Lucia,

We'll have one of our team members reach out to you directly and assist you further with your phone verification process, thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
sandih
Community Member

Hi, I have tried verifying my profile at least 10 times. The text with the verification code has never come through to my phone. The phone number is right, so I don't know what the problem is. 

Can someone help me?

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Sandi,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly and assist you further with your phone verification process, thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
rattan-
Community Member

I tried multiple times but not geting code in my phone. so can you please help / verify.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you for reaching out to us, Rattan and Ronnie.

I've escalated your account information to our support team. One of our agents will reach out to you directly to assist you with your phone verification processes.

~ Bojan
Upwork
justin_3d
Community Member

Hello, 

I have filled out my application and when I get to the verify phone number section, I am unable to send a verification. The phone number is correct and I press the button but no text is sent. I have tried in both chrome and firefox, deleted cache and cookies etc... and it still fails to register. Any official help would be greatly appreciated!

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Justin, and Tori, 

A member of the Customer Support Team will reach out to you to assist you with your phone verification. 

~ Avery
Upwork
bond-tori
Community Member

I am trying to complete my profile and I entered my phone number and hit the verify phone number button but never received security code. Can someone help me?

midevilrabbit
Community Member

My name is Racquel Mcbroom - Marsh. I am also having trouble verifying my phone and cannot recieve text codes. 

Hi Racquel,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly and assist you further with your phone verification process. Thanks. 

~ Jo-An

Untitled
chavanne-hunter
Community Member

I am in the process of filling out all of the necessary fields so that I can begin looking for work as a freelancer on upwork. However, there is a step that asks for your phone number and it says that a 5-digit verification code will be sent to your phone. I have entered my phone number several times now and am yet to recive the 5-digit code. Can anyone help me with this, as I have already invested a good bit of time up to this point and the system will not let me go any further until I have this 5-digit code. Many Thanks, Hunter Chavanne

Hi Hunter,

A member of the team will reach out to you directly to help assist you with this.

~Nina

Currently having the same problem. Help!

Hi Tabitha,

Thanks for sharing your concern.

A member of our team will contact you via email to further assist you.

Felix
Untitled

I am having trouble getting the verification code, it is not registering with server or something. Can code be emailed instead?
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Marlo, 

A member the Customer Support Team will reach out to you to assist you with your issue.

~ Avery
Upwork

Having the same issue, please reach out to help!

Hi Trina,

I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble with the phone verification process. Someone from our team will reach out to assist you directly. Thank you so much for your patience.

~ Joanne
Upwork

Me too

Hello Mojtaba,

I have escalated your concern. One of our representatives will get in touch with you shortly. Thank you.

Untitled

Hello! Robot Very Happy

I am currently experiencing the same situation. I've tried several times on a working cell phone, and still no code.

Any help will be appreciated. Robot Happy

Thank you! Smiley Very Happy

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi L,

I have escalated your concern to our team and one of our team members will reach out to you and assist you directly, thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
mcowher1
Community Member

Hi! I too am experiencing this problem. Thanks!

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Megan,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly and assist you further, thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
sgonz426
Community Member

Hi, I am currently experiencing the same problem.

Hi Sandy,

I'm sorry for the trouble. A member of our team will reach out to assist you with this issue via email. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths