🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » NO Verification Code
Page options
danielle_kress
Community Member

I didn't receive a text message verification code

**Edited to Update - this thread has been closed from further replies due to its size.**

I pushed the verify phone number button and have yet to receive my verication code. Will someone from the admin team please contact me. 

2,981 REPLIES 2,981
jacktrader2
Community Member

You sent a 6 digit number for a 5 digit space so it didn't work.  Now what? 

Hi Jack,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you directly to assist you with your concern.

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
stramuchak
Community Member

I am trying to complete the registration process as a freelancer but I am not receiving the text verification code. I've tripled checked the number and reentered it several times as well. 

Hi Sean,

I've shared your concern with our team and one of the team members will reach out and assist you directly, thank you.

~ Joanne
Upwork

Hi Vincent,

Sorry about the delay. Please be assured that your concern has been escalated to the appropriate team and they are working to fix this the soonest possible. I will follow up with the team that's handling your concern. Thank you for your patience.

~ Joanne
Upwork

Joanne,

I talked with someone at Upwork and they told me the issue would be resolved 24 to 48 hours and that was 4 days ago. Can you please help getting this resolved?

Thanks

Vincent

Hi Vincent,

I followed up with the team handling your case and you can expect an update on your ticket in a timely manner.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

I need help with verifying my Phone number, I seem to have entered a wrong number

g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Khris,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with your phone verification. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

I need help as I entered the wrong phone number. This system where you cannot edit is not good. Please help!

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you for reaching out to us, Maria.

One of our team members will reach out to you directly to assist you with your request.

~ Bojan
Upwork
shakimdev
Community Member

Im trying to complete my profile but it does not have the correct phone number.

**Edited for community guidelines**

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you for reaching out to us, Shakim.

One of our team members will reach out to you directly to assist you with your concern. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
cosbyjami
Community Member

Is it possible to reset an account or change incorrect information on a new account that has not been used?  I do not see any kind of function to change or edit information.  

thank you so much.  I mistakenly put in the landline instead of the cell phone and I see now way to correct this.  

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Jami,

Please be reminded that Upwork does not allow users to have multiple accounts. One of our agents will reach out to you directly via email to assist you with your concern.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
cosbyjami
Community Member

thank you

craigbossley
Community Member

Hi Upwork Moderators,

I'm also having trouble verifying my phone number in order to create an account/edit my profile.

Thanks!

Hi Craig,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you directly to assist you with your concern.

~ Bojan
Upwork
cardoza-kevin
Community Member

I am having issues verifying my phone number. I continue clicking "Go to review" and nothing happens. Will someone from admin team please contact me?

I think the upwork site is having some issue with there site that's why.

Hi Kevin,

I just checked this for you and looks like you successfully verified your phone number. Please clear your cache and cookies or log in with another browser to check if you`re still experiencing the same issue.

Let us know if the issue persists.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
alejandromeraz
Community Member

I recently setup my freelancer account.

I setup my profile, and got to phone verifcation section.

I entered a landline phone number, then realized upwork will only send texts, which I cannot receive at this phone number.

There is no way to edit the phone number I entered, to change it to a number that can receive texts.

When I try to edit my account / profile information, I just get taken back to the phone verification screen, there is no way to get around it. When I manually go to the url to change / edit account information, it just automatically redirects me to the phone verificaiton screen.

Upwork has completely elminated all forms of customer service, there is no chat, no phone number, no email address, nobody that I can contact about this. This is absurd.

Thank you for reaching out to us, Alejandro.

One of our team members will reach out to you directly to assist you with your concern.

~ Bojan
Upwork
deedrio
Community Member

This is happening to me as well! After I received my TEFL certification I decided to create an account, but I can't get passed the phone verification section; it says it's already being used, please help me!

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Darrion,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you directly to assist you with your phone verification process.

~ Bojan
Upwork
uniformly
Community Member

This is also happening to me, can someone help me?

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Andrea, 

A member of the Customer Support Team will reach out to you to assist you with your phone verification. 

~ Avery
Upwork
peachtoffi
Community Member

Hello, I need to close my account but before I can access my settings, it keeps asking me to continue setting up my profile. I do this and then it asks me to verify phone number. When I enter my phone number and press verify, nothing happens. Please fix this ASAP thank you.

josiahmeyer
Community Member

I am attempting to verify my phone number, but I am not receiving the code. Could you plese help me out?

Hello Josiah,

I have escalated your concern. One of our representatives will get in touch with you shortly. Thank you!

Untitled

Hello,

I am not receiving the verification code either, and I've been trying for a few days. Can someone from your team help me out? Thanks

Hi Somto,

Yes, one of our customer support agents will reach out to you and assist you further. Thank you!

~ Goran
Upwork

I am not getting a verification text so I cam verify my phone number

Hi Michael,

I have shared your concern with our customer support team and one of the team members will reach out and assist you directly. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork

I'm not getting the 5 digit verification code when trying o verify my phone number, can someone from the Upwork team please get back to me on this asap? Thanks!

Hello Briawna,

I have escalated your concern. One of our representatives will get in touch with you shortly. Thank you!

Untitled

I am having the same problem as well! Any suggestions or help would be greatly appreciated.

Hi Nikolas, 

The Customer Support Team will reach out to you to assist you with your phone verification. 

~ Avery
Upwork
yoelzea
Community Member

I am also not receiving a verification code. Please help!

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Meredith,

Our team will reach out to you and assist you further with your phone verification process.

~ Bojan
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths