🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: Verification code never received
Page options
danielle_kress
Community Member

I didn't receive a text message verification code

**Edited to Update - this thread has been closed from further replies due to its size.**

I pushed the verify phone number button and have yet to receive my verication code. Will someone from the admin team please contact me. 

2,981 REPLIES 2,981

Hi Alison,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket and assist you further with the verification code, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi Goran, I have the same issue. I click and click and never get a text verification code which is preventing me from getting into my account. Thank you. 

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Kathryn, 

A member of the Customer Support Team will reach out to you to assist you with your phone verification. 

~ Avery
Upwork
carlwilliams21
Community Member

I am in the process of filling out all of the necessary fields so that I can begin looking for work as a freelancer on upwork. However, there is a step that asks for your phone number and it says that a 5-digit verification code will be sent to your phone. I have entered my phone number several times now and am yet to recive the 5-digit code. Can anyone help me with this, as I have already invested a good bit of time up to this point and the system will not let me go any further until I have this 5-digit code. Thanks

Hi Carl, 

I went ahead and asked the Customer Support Team to reach out to you to assist you. You should receive an email from one of our Customer Support Agents to help you further.

~ Avery
Upwork
marylee40
Community Member

I am having the same issue. 

Hello Mary,

I have escalated your concern. One of our team members will reach out to you shortly. Thank you!

Untitled

I am having the same issue, please could someone contact me

HI Stephanie, and David, 

A member of the Customer Support Team will reach out to each of you to asisst you with your phone verification. 

~ Avery
Upwork
streetlit
Community Member

Hello. I'm having the same issue. 

Hi Ryan,

We'll have a member of the team reach out to you directly to help assist you with this.

~Nina

Can you do the same for me too! I am not receiving any code either. 

Hi Raghul, 

I'll go ahead and request the team to look into your account for you.

UPDATE: Hi Raghul, wanted to check if you are still unable to receive the verification codes? 

~ Avery
Upwork

yes! and it says that I cannot add my number as it has failed to verify it.

Hi Raghul,

We'll have a team member get in touch with you to provide assistance for this.

~Nina

Hi, I'm just starting the process with Upwork. I am having the same issue.

Hi John

Did you tried to resend the link and checking if you have received the text?
You can also submit your profile for a review and finish the verification after the review of your application is finished. Thank you!

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi, sorry to bother you with the same but, I also seem to be having trouble receiving the message.

Hello Tea,

I have escalated your concern. One of our representatives will get in touch with you shortly. Thank you!

Untitled

I pushed the verify phone number button and have yet to receive my verication code. Will someone from the admin team please contact me. 

Hi Sophie,

An agent will reach out to you directly to help assist you with this.

~Nina

Hi, I am having the same issue, please help.

Hi Samuel, 

An agent from the Customer Support Team will reach out to you to assist you with your issue.

~ Avery
Upwork

I tried multiple browsers, cleared cookies etc to no effect. Can someone help me finish my application?

Hello! 

I am trying to verify my account so I can get started on working on various assignments, however, I have run into an issue; when I try to verify my account with a phone number for a text message to be received, I never receive said text message. Can this be resolved?

Thanks!

Hi Finley, and Ryan, 

I wanted to check if both of you have tried resending the link to you to check if you will receive the code?

~ Avery
Upwork

Hello!

Yes, I have done pretty much everything to attempt to have it sent, but nothing seems to work. Is there another way to verify my account, or is there another way for the text to be sent?

Thanks!

Hi Finley,

We'll have one of our reps reach out to you directly to help you complete this step, thanks!

~Nina
ry_bread
Community Member

Yeah I tried the same thing to no avail, let me know if you guys can reach out to me

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Ryan, 

The Customer Support Team will reach out to you to assist you with your phone verification. 

~ Avery
Upwork

Dear Moderator,

I am having this same problem. I have tried over several days to see if something was wrong with the server, etc. but I am still not receiving my code and cannot move on in the process.

Hi Tiffany,

We'll have a member of our support team reach out to you directly to further assist you. Thanks!

~Nina

Hello, 

I have been waiting/trying for days and the code/text never arrives, and starting over does not improve the situation. It looks like this is a longstanding known issue needing resolution on the platform.

Hi Juliette,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly and assist you further with your verification process, thank you for reaching out to us.

~ Bojan
Upwork
natrl
Community Member

Hi, so I'm trying to set up my profile and when I entered my phone number to get a verification text message, I never got it. I'm in a low service area but even when being in high service areas, I still haven't gotten the text. I don't have any options to resend the text either, so I'm stuck in this part of setting up my profile without being able to continue anywhere. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

cylver1z
Community Member

Hi Nathaniel,

I have escalated your request with our team. One of our team members will reach out to you shortly.

Thank you.

Untitled
t7j_
Community Member

I'm unable to receive the verification code needed to create my profile. This seems to be the only site that I have issues receiving codes from? 

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Tori

The Customer Support Team will reach out to you to assist you further.

~ Avery
Upwork
jennifer_mckean
Community Member

I am currently in the process of creating my profile. However, I am stuck at the part where I must use a verification code that is to be sent to my phone. I am using my right phone number but I am just not getting the text message. I have tried different browsers and it still will not work. 

Hi Jennifer,

Please double check to ensure you’ve selected your correct country and inputted your mobile phone number in its entirety. If you continue to experience this problem, please select the option to email yourself your verification code.

~ Goran
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths