cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need to unlink the phone number I used to create my profile to use it for a different account

Highlighted
Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
1561 of 2,940

Hi Meirav,

Could you please clear your cache and cookies or log in with another browser to check if you`re still experiencing the same issue?

Let us know if the issue persists.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Untitled
Highlighted
Meirav L Member Since: Nov 6, 2019
1562 of 2,940
Yes I have done that and it still isn’t working
Highlighted
Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
1563 of 2,940

Hi Meirav, 

One of our team members will reach out to you directly to assist you with your phone verification process. 

Thank you for your patience. 

~ Bojan
Untitled
Highlighted
Harrison P Member Since: Nov 6, 2019
1564 of 2,940

On the create profile page, when I click the green continue box at the bottom I get a box that pops up asking me to verify my phone number, but when I enter my number and click the green box nothing happens. Tried logging out and back in, Different browser, added country code.

I live in indiana, my phone has a Tx area code

Highlighted
Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
1565 of 2,940

Hi Harrison, 

I have shared your account information with the Customer Support Team so that they can assist you further your phone verification. 

-Avery
Untitled
Highlighted
John D Member Since: Aug 29, 2020
1566 of 2,940

Hi, when I try to verify my phone number with upwork, it says my number is being used with another account. I remember creating an account years ago and I don't even think I have access to the old email address I used to create the old profile. I was excited to start on upwork officially and this pump of the brakes is an unnecessary deterent. Please send my info to customer support so I can move on.

Veronica S Member Since: Feb 4, 2019
1567 of 2,940

Hi. I while creating my profile I was asked to use a cell phone to verify the account. I currently live in the the US so I was only given the +1 prefix, but I still use my French (+33) cell phone. I used my husband's US phone instead, which created a new problem: he then tried to create a profile for himself using that number but cannot, the system tells him that it's being used by another account...

I went into Profile Settings on my account, changed everything I could find to use the French number, and responded to the two-factor text messqge, but the system still won't let him use his US number for his new account.

Highlighted
1568 of 2,940

Hi Veronica, 

A member of the Customer Support Team will reach out to you to assist you with your phone verification.

-Avery
Untitled
Highlighted
Bill N Member Since: Nov 6, 2019
1569 of 2,940

I didn't receive a text message to my phone number either. I cannot get past the continue step in creating a new profile because of this. I've tried to switch to email verification but I can't seem to get to that screen. Also, the bot (bless its heart) is not terribly helpful. Please send help. Thanks.

Highlighted
1570 of 2,940

Hi Bill, 

I"m sorry for the inconvenience this has caused. I have shared your account with the Customer Support Team, and they will reach out to you directly so that they can assist you further. 

-Avery
Untitled