🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: My phone number is being used by unknown ...
Page options
danielle_kress
Community Member

I didn't receive a text message verification code

**Edited to Update - this thread has been closed from further replies due to its size.**

I pushed the verify phone number button and have yet to receive my verication code. Will someone from the admin team please contact me. 

2,981 REPLIES 2,981
mbayko2
Community Member

I'm filling out my profile, but when I enter my phone number, the verify button doesn't do anything.

Is anyone able to help me verify this another way? 

Thanks in advance!

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Mindy, 

I've shared your account information with the Customer Support Team and they will reach out to you to assist you further.

~ Avery
Upwork
fforney
Community Member

Trying to complete profile.

I do not have a cell phone.

I cannot receive text message.

How can I receive the security code?

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Frank,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly to assist you further with your verification process, thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
fforney
Community Member

I'm new to Upwork and having trouble getting started.

Trying to compete my profile but I don't have a cell phone to receive a text message with the security code.

Therefore I am unable to upload my profile.

I see in the forums this has been a longstanding issue for some people.

Does it ever get resolved?

Does a person need to have a cell phone to use Upwork?

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Frank,

I checked this for you and our agent already reached out to you via this support ticket regarding your concern. Please respond on your ticket or email received,  and our agent will assist you further about your verification process.

Thank you for your patience. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
courtwrites
Community Member

I have also not received my code. I've tried several times and the number is correct. 

Hi Courtney,

One of our team members will reach out to you shortly and assist you further with your phone verification process.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork

I also have not received a text message verification and I have followed all the steps to do so however the algorithm hasn't sent me a text with the code.

Hi Shannon,

One of our team members will reach out to you as well and assist you further, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
daniela-noir
Community Member

I have created my profile and I entered my phone number to be verified, but the button to verify my phone number does not seem to be submitting.

Hi Daniela, 

A member of the Customer Support Team will reach out to you through an email to assist you with your phone verification. 

~ Avery
Upwork
psendeavors
Community Member

I submitted my phone number and it says that my number exists with an already existing account. I don't believe I have ever been with upwork before until today. Can I get assistance with this?

Jess

Thank you for reaching out to us, Jessica. We'll share your concern with our support team and one of our agents will reach out to you directly to assist you further with your phone verification process.

~ Bojan
Upwork

As many others have said, I'm having the same problem, have the message 'We’ve texted a verification code to:'

and nothing has been sent though know am able to receive texts from others sources if someone could help please as stuck at this stage of profile creation until it is fixed, ty.

Hi Leslie,

I've shared your account details to the team and one of the team members will reach out to assist you in completing the phone verification process. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork
ggallant2017
Community Member

My phone number is being used by someone unknown and I am unable to conduct any type of business. Please advise.

Hello Greg,

One of our team members will reach out to you to help further on verifying your phone number. We appreciate your patience. 

adamparsonsart
Community Member

Apparently I had a previous account from years ago that I closed but it still has my phone number attached to it. Please help so I can fill out my application to work with upworks.

Hi Adam,

One of our agents will reach out to you directly and assist you further with your phone verification process, thank you. 

~ Bojan
Upwork

Thank you so much.
My previous account ID **edited for Community Guidelines** is now deleted
I want to attach my number **edited for Community Guidelines** to my new account **edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Adam, 

I have shared your old account information with the team so that they can use it as reference. Feel free to follow up on the same ticket thread so that the Customer Support Team can assist you further.

~ Avery
Upwork
francinebritton
Community Member

I did not receive a text message phone verification code.  I am living for 6 months in Mexico and is a Mexico Cell phone number that also works in USA, Canada and Mexico. How can I get a verification code?

Hi Francine,

One of our agents will reach out to you directly and further assist you with the phone verification process, thank you. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
harmon5571
Community Member

I am trying to verify my phone number but it says " failed to verify". This is my only phone number. Please help. 

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Casey,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly to assist you further with your phone verification process, thank you. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
sean-wolfe
Community Member

I pushed the verify phone number button and have yet to receive my verication code. Will someone from the admin team please contact me. 

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Sean,

Looks like your phone number was successfully verified. Our team will let you know if there is a need for any verification process in the future.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
crayhernandez
Community Member

Hi Emilia,

A team member will be reaching out to your shortly to assist you with phone verification. Thanks!

ptjf123
Community Member

I am trying to build my profile and I am am being asked to verify my phone number. My phone is not able to receive texts from Upwork. How can I go forward?

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Paul,

One of our agents will reach out to you directly to assist you further with your phone verification process, thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
vadim_klimets
Community Member

Hello Avery,

I tried to add "Two-step verification" ("Phone verification") to protect my account by enabling extra layers of security.
I didn't receive a text message with a verification code.
Help me, please.

Best regards,
Vadim

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Vadim,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket and assist you further with verifying your phone, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

I have not recieved a text - tried different browsers and cleared by cache.  Could I get some assistance?

Hi Trey, 

A member of the Customer Support Team will get in touch with you to assist you with your verification. 

~ Avery
Upwork

Hi, i cannot get the phone verification text so i can finish setting up my account can someone help please?

Hi Andi,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
amberjewell
Community Member

At one point, I had tried to create an Upwork account and used my phone number. To my knowledge, the account never went through the entire process. Well, now I am trying to create a new account and cannot verify my phone number because "this number is already being used with another profile." I've tried to see if maybe I could get into the previous profile, but the site is not recognizing any of the possible email addresses. What can I do at this juncture? 

Hi Amber, 

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via ticket and assist you further with completing the phone verification process, thank you.

eqinics
Community Member

I haven't receive the verification text and retried for resend a couple of times. I still haven't received the text but the resend option disappeared now. Is it possible to resend it?

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths