🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: My phone number is being used by a differ...
Page options
danielle_kress
Community Member

I didn't receive a text message verification code

**Edited to Update - this thread has been closed from further replies due to its size.**

I pushed the verify phone number button and have yet to receive my verication code. Will someone from the admin team please contact me. 

2,981 REPLIES 2,981
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Erdem,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly to assist you with your phone verification process. Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hello! I received two verification pins to my phone and neither worked. I've tried to clear my cache/cookies, use safari instead of Chrome, resend etc and it keeps saying  "Sorry, something went wrong, please contact support."

Hi Abigail,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via support ticket to assist you with your phone verification process, thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
gerardpons
Community Member

Hello,

I am trying to create an account but when I am about to verify my phone number this error shows up: "We're sorry, but something went wrong. Please try again or contact support"
What can I do to complete this process?

Thank you.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you for reaching out to us, Gerard. I've escalated your issue to our support team and one of our agents will reach out to you directly via support ticket to assist you further.

~ Bojan
Upwork
arnold_villaflor
Community Member

Hi there!

I hope somebody could help me. I no longer can received my 5 digit code when making a proposal to a job either call or text when i resent it, after I failed to listen to the first one i received through call.

Hi Arnold, 

A member of the Customer Support Team will reach out to you to assist you further with your phone verification. 

~ Avery
Upwork
ggallant2017
Community Member

My phone number is being used by a different account. Someone else is using my phone number and I am unable to use this service. This is the second inquiry. Please advice.

Hi Greg,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you directly on your existing support ticket to assist you with your phone verification process, thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
sjs378
Community Member

Hi,

I am having the issue where, when I try to enter my phone number in the setup stage, the "Verify Phone Number" button turns green but nothing happens when I click it. I have tried going through the setup on different browsers and clearing my cache, but nothing works. I'm sure my number is entered correctly, it's just that the button doesn't work. Could I get some help with this?

Thanks.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Sarah,

One of our agents will reach out directly to you to assist you with your phone verification process, thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
dominyjp
Community Member

Hi Everyone.

I had used my phone number for the verification purpose. I need to create a new account since my old one does not work. Can I use the same phone number to Phone verification for the new one?

Thanks

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Mst Nargis, 

I'll go ahead and check your account with the team and get back to you once I have more information. 

ETA: Hi Mst Nagris, the team has confirmed that you should be able to use your old number for your profile verification. If you go through any issues, you can come back here and update this thread, and our team will assist you further.

~ Avery
Upwork
margarita1983
Community Member

I created my profile and I have difficult to upload mm y phone contact number for future communication.
The program has been telling me I have an error
What should I do?

Hi Margarita,

One of our agents will reach out to yo directly to assist you with your phone verification process, thank you. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
devinthedev1
Community Member

As stated in the title. Upon entering my new phone number and clicking the verify button it immediately switches back to my old number and asks me to use a different number.

Hi Devin,

One of our agents will reach out to you directly to assist you with your phone verification process, thank you for reaching out to us.

~ Bojan
Upwork
glapham
Community Member

Hello, 

I am trying to create an Upwork account, but I am currently unable to verify my phone number because I am outside the United States. I live and work in the US but currently I am in Russia visitig family and my US phone number won't work while I am here. Is there any way to bypass the phone verification until I get back to the US? 

Thank you.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Gleb,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you directly to assist you with your phone verification process, thank you for reaching out to us.

~ Bojan
Upwork
jmalysz
Community Member

Hey team,

Been 5+ minutes without getting an SMS code to verify my phone to create my account. Might be a problem?

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Joey,

One of our team members will reach out to you shortly to assist you further with your phone verification process, thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
f5d6faac
Community Member

The same problem for me 

Hi M,

One of our team members will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork
p_witt
Community Member

I have the same problem.  Tried the suggestions nothing changes.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Pete,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you directly to assist you with your phone verification process, thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
jennifer-rager
Community Member

I started my profile weeks ago and I opted out of the verification step, and I still cannot get my account approved. I am extremely frustrated!

Hi Jennifer,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly to assist you with your phone verification process. Thank you for your patience.

~ Bojan
Upwork
wedointernet
Community Member

When I reach the phone verification in my profile, I enter number, click on button and nothing happens. I do this in Chrome, Edge, Firefox, and get the same result. I can't move passed this so I am at a stand still.

Help?

Hi Jesse,

~ Bojan
Upwork
avtroiano
Community Member

Hello! I am from the US residing in the UK for a few months. I began creating a profile but when asked to verify my phone number I couldn't enter my UK phone number because my country of residence is locked to the US. Because of this, I can't complete my profile setup. Can this be fixed?

Thank you!

Anna

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Anna,

I've shared your request with our support team. One of our team members will reach out to you directly to assist you with your phone verification process. Thank you for reaching out to us.

~ Bojan
Upwork
msjfrost1020
Community Member

Hi. I am trying to verify my phone number. My permanent address is in America however, I am currently residing in Taiwan with a Taiwan phone number. Every time I try to verify my number, I do not receive the text message code. Thank you for your help.

Hi Jessica, 

The team will reach out to you to assist you with your phone verification verification.

I would like to clarify that you may need to update your address and country of residence if you are going to be away from your country of residence for an extended period. Also, it's recommended that you check with a legal adviser if you need a certain type of visa or a work permit to be able to work on Upwork while travelling.

~ Avery
Upwork
jordan-mcintyre
Community Member

Hi I️ am also having an issue with verifying my phone number

Hi Jordan, 

A member of the Customer Support Team will get in touch with you to assist you with your phone verification. 

~ Avery
Upwork
romanefleury
Community Member

I am french but I live in England and my phone number is still french so I can't get the phone code to verify my profile because I can't change the country !

How can I do ? 

Hi Romane,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you directly to assist you with your phone verification process. Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
simotogp1
Community Member

Hi, i keep trying get the phone verification but it not send , how i can verify my account

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you for reaching out to us, Ian.

One of our team members will reach out to you directly to assist you with your phone verification process. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
jan-michel-korff
Community Member

I am attempting to verify my phone number, but I am not receiving the code. Due to the fact that I still have a German number , but just moved to London I cant change the prefix +44 to 49. Could you help me please.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths