🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Cant verify phone
Page options
danielle_kress
Community Member

I didn't receive a text message verification code

**Edited to Update - this thread has been closed from further replies due to its size.**

I pushed the verify phone number button and have yet to receive my verication code. Will someone from the admin team please contact me. 

2,981 REPLIES 2,981

Hi Jan-Michel,

A member of our customer support team will reach out to you directly to assist you verifying your phone number. Thanks!

~ Joanne
Upwork
annepyburncraig
Community Member

I'm trying to apply, but I don't have a text-capable phone number. (There's no cell service in this neighborhood.) Is there an alternative land-line method?

Thanks.

re: "I'm trying to apply, but I don't have a text-capable phone number. (There's no cell service in this neighborhood.) Is there an alternative land-line method?"

Customer Support has worked directly with people who are in this situation.

Alternatively, you could try using a free Google Voice phone number, which allows you to send and receive text messages from a web browser.

Thank you! The GV number would be handy for all such situations.

It's hard to imagine someone without text capable mobile phone from here. But I think if the situation comes like this they must have some alternative solution.

Hi Anne,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you directly to assist you with your phone verification process.

Thank you for reaching out to us.

~ Bojan
Upwork
angeelicarn
Community Member

I am a Mexican living in the US, my number is from mexico and i cant verify my phone since i cant change the area code. 

Hi Angelica, 

One of our team members will reach out to you directly to assist you further with your phone verification.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
samielzaret23
Community Member

I recently finished creating my profile on Upwork and in the end it is asking to provide a phone number for added security. I input my phone number and when I hit Verify Phone Number, nothing happens.

Hi Samiel,

One of our agents will reach out to you directly and assist you with your phone verification process.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
afeodorov
Community Member

Spoiler
The only option for verification is a text message. However, I can't get text messages where I'm staying. Can I verify with a landline?

Hi Andrea,

One of the team members will reach to you via email to assist you further. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork

Thank you. I'm on sabbatical visiting friends in Southern California and all they have is a landline (I lost my phone on the plane!). Thx.

coldnoble
Community Member

Same issue, I have tried multiple times in various browsers, and it never works. I tried entering the country code different ways etc., and not including the country code/area code but it doesn't seem to matter. When I click the "verification" button, nothing happens. 

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Lisa,

One of our agents will reach out to you directly and assist you with your phone verification process. 

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
jessica-tague
Community Member

I'm having the same issue.  I have my profile completed, however the "verify phone number" button does not seem to be working. I have tried multiple browsers and cleared my cache, no luck. 

Hi Jessica, and Alexis, 

The Customer Support Team will reach out to you through an email to assist you with your phone verification. 

~ Avery
Upwork
tomorrudi
Community Member

I keep geting "You failed to verify this phone number. Please provide a different number." although my number is correct. Please advice on how to fix this issue.

Clearing your cache and cookies may help.

Thx, I did not fix the issue!

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Tomor, 

I'm sorry for the inconvenience. The Customer Support Team will reach out to you to assist you with your phone verification.

~ Avery
Upwork
atamaddo
Community Member

I just registered, it follows with "Next, you'll be asked to verify your phone number for added security."

When I get there, I enter my number, the field is green to click, but nothing happens, and I can't move on.

Any advice?

Also, I've tried all browsers and regular troubleshooting. Is there anyway to do email verification?

Hi Aaron,

A member of our customer support team will reach out to you directly to assist you in verifying your phone number. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork
a_zanazanian
Community Member

Hello,

I have entered all the information to complete my profile however I am having trouble with phone verification. I am currently staying in Ukraine however I live in the United States and have United States citizenship. My American phone number cannot receive text messages from abroad so I am unable to verify my phone number via text message. Is there any other way I can verify? 

Hi Andrew, 

Thank you for letting us know about this. I have reached out to our customer support for your account. One of our team members will contact you directly via email with your request. 

~ Riri

Hello!

I'm having the same problem. When I try to verify my phone number to create a profile, I put my number in and click the "verify phone number" button but nothing happens. I've tried different browsers and clearning my cache and cookies, but neither seemed to help.

Any advice you can provide would be much appreicated! 🙂 Thank you.

Hi Veronica,

One of our agents will reach out to you directly to assist you with your phone verification process.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
cookdavid1
Community Member

I've followed the suggested tips to get the phone verification portion of my new account to work, but I still haven't received a verification text. I've changed browsers and deleted the history, but the problem is the same and I've been unable to proceed. Thank you for helping.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi David,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you directly to assist you with your phone verification process. Thank you for reaching out to us.

~ Bojan
Upwork
imagemod3
Community Member

I also have this issue. How can I complete my profile without getting a text message with the code?

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Amanda, 

A member of the Customer Support Team will reach out to you directly to assist you with your phone verification.

~ Avery
Upwork

Hello,

I am having the same issue with not being able to verify a phone number. Can someone help me?

Thanks,
Rachel

Hi Rachel, 

A member of the Customer Support Team will reach out to you directly to assist you. 

~ Avery
Upwork
dpinzon
Community Member

I am trying to create an account but the system does not send the verification code to my phone, I can not finish the process.

I am having this issue as well. 

Me too...

David, Aiden and Danny,

I have escalated the issue to the support team and they will reach out to you directly via ticket to help you further with completing the phone verification process, thank you.

I'm also unable to verify my phone number. It looks like there's a bug because the button doesn't work after I enter my phone number. It turns green but that's it. Is there another way to receive a verification code so that I can get started?

Thanks,
Kara

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Kara, and Akanksha, 

A member of the Customer Support Team will reach out to you to assist you further. 

~ Avery
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths