🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Can not verify phone number
Page options
danielle_kress
Community Member

I didn't receive a text message verification code

**Edited to Update - this thread has been closed from further replies due to its size.**

I pushed the verify phone number button and have yet to receive my verication code. Will someone from the admin team please contact me. 

2,981 REPLIES 2,981

Im having issues getting my phone number verified. i am currently traveling so i have a different country code for my current sim card which i am unable to change in the verification screen.

Hi Edgars,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with your phone verification. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

I can't see my messages
akshri
Community Member

ginakelly
Community Member

I have just joined but can't get past the profile page. I have input my phone number and it keeps saying I will get a code sent to my phone but I don't get one. What an I doing wrong?

Also, as a freelancer, is this site free or do I have to pay?

Hi Gina,

One of our customer support team members will reach out and assist you directly in verifying your phone number. 

Regarding your concern with freelancer fees, you're charged a sliding fee based on your lifetime billings with each non-Enterprise client. This includes all contracts you've ever had with that client. Service fees are the same whether the contracts are hourly or fixed-price. For more information, please check out this help article. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork
candace_merritt
Community Member

Hello! I've been stuck in this loop. I want to finish creating my profile but the phone number I entered does not work anymore. I no longer have that phone number. I can not verify my account. I have a new phone number, it is international. I'd like to change it but I cannot because I have to verify the number I first entered... I would like to just delete all and start over but I cant even do that. Please help. 

Hi Candace,

I shared your concern to the customer support team and one of the team members will reach out and assist you directly via support ticket. Please feel free to post any questions on the ticket so the agent can assist you efficiently. Thanks!

~ Joanne
Upwork
hamiltonlisa27
Community Member

I can not verify my phone number to complete my profile...

Hi Lisa,

I shared your concern to the team and one of the customer support team members will reach out to assist you directly in verifying your phone number. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork
rcjlnyc
Community Member

Hello,

I am also not able to get the system to send a verification code to my phone. I did not find how to post a new request for help, so I am sending as a reply. But this is actually a new ticket.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Holly and  Regina,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you directly to assist you with your phone verification processes.

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
brookebowen
Community Member

I put in my cell phone to get a verification but it says my cell number is already being used. I don't have another account. I don't have another number I can receive the code on. What should I do?

Hi Brooke, 

The Customer Support Team will reach out to you to assist you further with your phone verification.

~ Avery
Upwork
61b184fa
Community Member

Not working for me either.

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Mathew, 

I can see that you were able to file a ticket, and the team has continued assisting you through your open ticket with Ticket #25052382. Please follow up on your ticket so that the team can assist you further.

~ Avery
Upwork

I am unable to verify my phone number to set up my account. I press the green button and nothing happens. Please advise.

-David

Hi David, 

I have shared your account information with the Customer Support Team and they will reach out to you to assist you further with your concern. 

~ Avery
Upwork
holly_rigel
Community Member

I'm also having problems with my number not receiving the code it says that it failed to verify my number and when I go to add another number it either pops up with the same code or revert to the first number.

d1793b64
Community Member

Trying to create a freelancer profile and it's telling me my phone number is already in use.  I already have a client profile, and I accidently created a seperate account for my freelancer profile.  I deleted that second profile and now I am creating a freelancer profile with the same login as my client profilw.

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Brandyn, 

I checked and can see that your client account is still active which is why you are unable to use the mobile number.

~ Avery
Upwork
adhackett
Community Member

Hi Avery,

I am having the same problem. Could you please assist?

Best,

Anthony

Hi AD,

A member of our team is looking at this issue and will be reaching out to you via a ticket shortly.

~Nina

Hi, 

My name is Pooja Lunia. I am also have difficulty verifying my phone even though it is right. Also, I am just registering. Following is the screenshot: **Edited for Community Guidelines** 

If you could follow up on this and get back to me on this. 

Thanks,

Pooja

Hi Pooja,

Could you please try adding your phone number without spaces or dashes? Thanks!

~ Valeria
Upwork

Hi there,

I am having this same issue. I am trying to create a freelance profile, but I am not able to verify my phone number. It keeps saying "You failed to verify this phone number. Please provide a different number." I am including the area code, and there are no dashes or spaces. I also tried my friend's number, which didn't work either. I am very frustrated.

Thanks.

Hi Cheyenne,

Thank you for reaching out to us. We'll have one of our team members reach out to you directly and assist you further with your phone verification process.

~ Bojan
Upwork
Community Member

I'm having a similar problem. I have been on upwork as a client but wanted to have a freelancer account as well. I followed upwork's insturctions in creating a new accout (freelancer) under my same name but when it asks to verify my phone number, it says its already in use. Am I expected to have two distinct phone numbers for both accounts? Again I only have one client account and am trying to setup a freelancer account. Please advise. Thanks. 

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Joseph,

One of our agents will reach out to you directly and assist you further with your phone verification process, thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
ygstand
Community Member

Hello!

I haven't received a unique 6-digit code by text-message yet.

Can you help me?

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Sergey,

I've followed up with our team and you can expect one of our agents to reach out to you directly via support ticket as soon as possible. Thank you for your patience.

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hi, 

My name is Tommy Ho. I am having difficulties verifying my phone number for a new account. I had an old account that was deleted but had my phone number on it. I want to start a new account and use that same number that I used for the other.

If you could follow up on this and get back to me on this. 

Thanks,

Tommy

g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Tommy,

Please keep in mind that opening more than one account is a serious violation of our TOS. One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket and assist you further. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

I keep getting this error message:

You failed to verify this phone number. Please provide a different number.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Joy,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you directly to assist you with your phone verification process, thank you for reaching out to us.

~ Bojan
Upwork

Im also having the same error
"This number is being used by another account. Please provide a different number."

Hi Elijah,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via ticket and assist you further with completing the verification process, thank you.

I got the Same response but never heard anything back from a team member. That’s been a couple weeks ago.

We are very sorry for the inconvenience Joy. Today, I made sure that the support team will reach out to you. Kindly check your email, a team member has already sent you intructions on how to complete the process. Thanks!

I am having an issue setting up my profile - the system keeps telling me that the supplied number is already in use - please enter a different number.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths