🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: Text verification code
Page options
danielle_kress
Community Member

I didn't receive a text message verification code

**Edited to Update - this thread has been closed from further replies due to its size.**

I pushed the verify phone number button and have yet to receive my verication code. Will someone from the admin team please contact me. 

2,981 REPLIES 2,981
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Narcisa, 

I have followed this up with the team reviewing your case. I apologise for the delay. 

~ Avery
Upwork
alinakazmi000
Community Member

I am unable to verify my number. I tried 2 numbers but didnt recevie any text. Can you please call on my number instead to verify it.

Hi Alina, 

The Customer Support Team will reach out to you to assist you with your phone verification.

~ Avery
Upwork
nicolestjohn
Community Member

Hi All,

I'm having issues verifying my phone number to complete my profile. I've tried multiple times over the course of a few weeks, and and clicking the button to send the verification code never does anything. I've also already completed the 2-step authorization, which includes verifying my phone number, but for a different purpose I guess. 

Help bot told me to open a help ticket, which I cant seem to find the prompt for. Would like to get this resovled in the near future so that my profile can begin to be reviewed for work. 

Thanks,

Nicole

Hi Nicole St John,

We'll have one of our team members reach out to you directly and assist you with the phone verification process, thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork

Thank you so much!
ldymtrow
Community Member

I am trying to complete my profile and the text phone verification process is not working. I tried a different browser as well as clearing the cookies on my computer and it still isn't working. I can't move forward with completing my profile until this step is complete, please help.

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Lauren, 

A member of the Customer Support Team will reach out to you to assist you with your phone verification.

~ Avery
Upwork
jahlberg
Community Member

Can someone help me with my account setup? I have entered my phone number to be sent a verification code and I haven't received the code as of yet.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Jenna,

We'll have one of our team members reach out directly to you and assist further with your phone verification process, thank you for reaching out to us.

~ Bojan
Upwork
leahb21
Community Member

Hello, 

I am currently using a non american phone number and living outside of the US however I am a US citizen/having working rights in US. Can someone please help me verify my phone number so I can start working with Upwork?

Thank you 

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Leah,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via support ticket to assist you with your phone verification process.

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
dylancookdesign
Community Member

I have already tried a different browser and cleared my primary browser's cache/cookies.

I started making my profile around two years ago and never followed through after finding work elsewhere. I wonder if my profile has become inactive for too long and as a result does not have access to submit a completed profile?

Hi Dylan,

We'll have one of our team members reach out to you directly and assist you further with your phone verification issue, thank you for reaching out to us.

~ Bojan
Upwork
brittanyhughescw
Community Member

Hello, 

I am having the same issue and it's asking me to enter a different phone number. Can someone from support please reach out?

Thank you, 

Brittany 

Hi Brittany,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you directly and provide further assistance regarding your phone verification, thank you

~ Bojan
Upwork

To any UpWork staff.. please remove me immediately from your databases, and from this perpetual loop of emails regarding this support issue.. the fact that THIS many people have had a problem with your verification code lets me know that it wasnt a one-off thing when it happened to me, and the fact that it is such an ongoing and regular problem, and you havent fixed it, confirmed my suspicions that your verification and requests for so much unneded information is for the purpose of selling our data.. i have no trust for your organization, I dont wish to continue to recieve these "notificiation emails" every time someone else posts that they cant get their verification to work, and i dont give you my permission to use ANY of the data or information you collected from me on the membership that i never finalized, for ANY purpose... and if you were a legitimate organization, there would be a way to contact you about this issue other than on this stupid blog. 

Hi Jessica,

Sorry about the frustration this has caused you. It looks like you subscribed to this thread and were receiving updates about it. We have unsubscribed you from the thread. We require users to complete verification for trust and security reasons as we need to make sure the information they are providing on their Upwork account is accurate. Any information we collect during the verification is securely processed according to the Privacy Policy. We see our team reached out to you earlier via a support ticket. Please, let us know if you'd like to complete the process or close your account on Upwork.

~ Bojan
Upwork
gahee_lim
Community Member

Hi there, I'm having the same problem. It will be great if a moderator could help me with this 🙂 Thank you!

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Gahee,

We'll have one of our team mebers reach out to you directly and assist you further with your phone verification process, thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
chuihui
Community Member

I am unable to verify any phone number because Upwork does not have a voice verification option, and my Skype number does not recieve SMS. My husband is in the Military so we do not have normal phone services due to moving around often. What are my options for verifying my account? I cannot complete my profile without verification. Thank you in advance!

Hi Huihui,

We followed up with the team and they will update you directly via a support ticket regarding phone verification. Thanks.

~ Jo-An

Untitled

Hi!

I am having the same issues as stated above.  I am not in the military but I am currently living in Spain for 2 months and my US phone number is not active.  Can you help me verify my account?

Thanks!

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Erika,

We'll have one of our team members reach out to you directly and assist you further with your concern, thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork

Same problem here..  US address for tax purposes, but no US phone number as I live abroad.   Cannot verify my foreign number.   Direct assistance appreciated.  Thank you!  

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Robert,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you shortly and assist you further with your phone verification process, thank you for reaching out to us.

~ Bojan
Upwork
merissafernandez
Community Member

Hi there, 

I am also having this problem - it has been a few days. Can someone please contact me as well?

Thank you!

Hi Merissa,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via ticket and assist you further with verifying your phone number, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
andreasycwu
Community Member

Hello,

I am encountering the same problem> I have deleted my cookies and caches, and tried to use a different browser. Nothing has worked thus far. Could you please help me so that I can finish my profile?

Thanks

Hi Andreas,

One of our team members will reach out to you shortly and assist you further with your phone verification process, thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
wordsculptor
Community Member

I am having the same issue. I enter in my phone number and click on the link but it doesn't work. 

Hi Debbie,

One of our team mebers will reach out to you directly and assist you further with your phone verification process, thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
andreasycwu
Community Member

Hi, I am trying to set up my profile and the verify phone number button is not working. I have tried to use a different browser, delete my cookies and cache, and it still doesn't go through. Can you please help so that I can activate my account?

Hi Andreas,

We'll have one of our customer support agents reach out to assist you in verifying your phone number. We apologize about the delay. The email will be sent shortly. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
jackiero
Community Member

Hello, 

I am also having this problem. I am clicking the verify phone number button but it is not working. Any help would be much appreciated.

Thank you,

Jackie

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Jacqueline,

We'll have one of our team members reach out to you directly and assist you further with your phone verification process, thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
kellio20
Community Member

I am trying to get my account approved. Every time I get to the stepp that says verify your phone number it does not send me a text. I have double checked that the number I am inputing is correct but it still will not let me. What can I do? 

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you for reaching out to us, Kayla. 

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you directly and assist you further with your phone verification process.

~ Bojan
Upwork
ykoshta
Community Member

I cannot cancel my account because it isn't activated, but I can't get a phone verification to activate, and I cannot contact anyone! HELP!

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Yevgeniya,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you directly and assist you further with your phone verification process, thank you. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths