🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: id verification link
Page options
danielle_kress
Community Member

I didn't receive a text message verification code

**Edited to Update - this thread has been closed from further replies due to its size.**

I pushed the verify phone number button and have yet to receive my verication code. Will someone from the admin team please contact me. 

2,981 REPLIES 2,981
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Eric,

We'll have one of our team members reach out to you directly to assist you with your phone verification process.

Thank you for reaching out to us.

~ Bojan
Upwork
b9c159ca
Community Member

Same issue here. Can you have someone reach out to me to get this resolved?

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Andrew, 

I have shared your account information with the Customer Support Team so that they can assist you with your phone verification. 

~ Avery
Upwork

Originally had a "client" account, switched to "freelancer" account. When trying to proceed to phone verification step I get " This number is being used by another account. Please provide a different number." and can't move past that stage. Please advise.

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Andrew, 

I'm sorry if this has been an inconvenience. I can see that the team has reached out to you through this support ticket. Kindly refer to the ticket and respond on the ticket thread so that the team can assist you further.

~ Avery
Upwork

Hello, I have been trying to verify my phone number. It has been unsuccessful. I hit the verify phone number button and it does nothing. PLEASE HELP!

You can not do it yourself unless you are asked to do so by Upwork.

It took me to the page. It asked me to update my file then verify my phone
number.
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Tiffany, 

I went ahead and shared your account information with the Customer Support Team, and they will get in touch with you to assist you directly with your phone verification. 

~ Avery
Upwork

THANK YOU SO MUCH!

Hi, I also have this problem.

I click verify and nothing happens.

You would think after 49 pages of complaints you would have fixed this issue by now?

arichardson47
Community Member

I finished my profile and entered my phone number for security verification but nothing is happening.  I cannot go to the next screen and I did not receive a verification text.  

Hi Abby,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you directly to assist you with your phone verification process. Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork

can you get one of your agents to help me too please

Hi Callum,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via support ticket to assist you with your phone verification process. 

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hi Bojan,

Noone has contacted me yet buddy, how long will this take?

Hi Callum,

I just check this for you. Looks like our team has already reached out to you via this ticket and will assist you further with your request. Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
i_le
Community Member

Please help me verify my phone number! I've had Upwork account before, however, it was deleted. As far as I remember, the closed account didn't link to my current phone number. I don't know why it doesn't let me verify with the repeated message: "This number is being used by another account". Thank you so much for your help and time.

afeodorov
Community Member

I'm an English professor on sabbatical, staying with friends and I purposely left my phone behind. They only have a landline. How do I verify my profile if I can't get text messages?

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Andrea,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly and assist you with your phone verification process. 

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
ijah_sheps
Community Member

I need to get started back up and my phone number is linked to an old account and won't let me verify. If my old account could be deactivated as the email I set up with it is no longer working.
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Ijah, 

It looks like you were able to access your old account. Could you please close either one of your accounts as having more than one account is a violation of the Upwork Terms of Service. Once one of the accounts is closed, please let us know so that our team can assist you further. 

~ Avery
Upwork

I'm unable to delete the profile for **edited for Community Guidelines** due to the site not allowing me to leave the create profile page.

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Ijah, 

Could you please confirm if you will continue using the old account? Once confirmed, I'll go ahead and close this new account for you. 

~ Avery
Upwork
hunter41904
Community Member

I was filling out my security phone number when I came across this...

You failed to verify this phone number. Please provide a different number.

I only have one number and can't verify it since it won't let me. Please help
nadia_fisher
Community Member

Hi I am trying to set up my account as a freelancer, and I cannot verify my account with a phone number because my number is being used already.  Is there a way to figure out if I set up an account in the past?  And how do I remedy this?

Hi Nadia,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via support ticket to assist you with your phone verification process.

~ Bojan
Upwork
kamenijc
Community Member

Hi,

I cannot submit a proposal because i need to verify my phone first. I get an error message that says that I've changed my phone number too many times.. hence i can't get the code to verify my account.

Any advice?

Thanks

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Jean-Claude,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via support ticket to assist you with your phone verification process. 

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork

I didn't receive a text message verification code

Hi Clark,

One of our team members will reach out to you shortly and assist you directly with your text verification process. Thanks you for letting us look into this.

~ Riri
geomoon
Community Member

hello there. I'm a music producer/artist/songwriter/singer/pianist/composer. just registered for a profile. however I'm not receiving the text message to verify my phone and I can't finish the verification process. please help!

Hi Geo,

A member of the customer support team will reach out to you directly via email and assist you further. Thanks!

~ Joanne
Upwork
dwightcabrera
Community Member

Good Day

I have signed the mobile number form but did not recieve my 5digit verification code.

I am from the Philippines and our area code starts with +63, will that interfere with the given +1 area code?

Thank you

Hi Dwight,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you directly to assist you with your phone verification process. Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
amassari
Community Member

Hello, my wife did her profile before me and used my number instead of hers. She changed it in her profile and had hers verified, but now I'm trying to create my profile using my number and it's saying that it's still being used by another account.

How can I get my number verified and cleared from my wifes account?  thanks.

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Andy, 

A member of the Customer Support Team will reach out to you to assist you with your phone verification. 

~ Avery
Upwork
k_bhanushali
Community Member

Dear,

I am not getting the link to verify my id

Hi Kumar,

I checked your account and it looks like you have not yet completed the verification step. Please follow the link that directs you to complete the phone verification procedure which was also shown when you tried to submit a proposal. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork

I have added mobile number, but not getting any verification completed
message.
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths