🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: I didn't receive a text message verificat...
Page options
danielle_kress
Community Member

I didn't receive a text message verification code

**Edited to Update - this thread has been closed from further replies due to its size.**

I pushed the verify phone number button and have yet to receive my verication code. Will someone from the admin team please contact me. 

2,981 REPLIES 2,981

Hi Kumar, 

A member of the Customer Support Team will reach out to you to assist you with your phone verification.

~ Avery
Upwork
kelsey_powell
Community Member

I am having the same issue. I have tried to verify my phoen number from my app and from desktop. I am not receiving a code, and cannot seem to move from the "verify phone number" page.

- Kelsey 

Hi Kelsey,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with your phone verification. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
cjordre
Community Member

Hi, I am having the same problem with the Verify Security Phone Number Screen on the website. I've tried in Safari as well as Chrome browsers. Is there a fix for this? I cannot complete my profile since I can't get past the phone verification. Thanks.

- Collin

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Collin, 

I apologise if this has caused you any inconvenience. The Customer Support Team will reach out to you to assist you with your phone verification. 

~ Avery
Upwork
zinychivan
Community Member

You have exceeded the number of send attempts for this phone number

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Ivan, 

A member of the Customer Support Team will reach out to you to assist you further.

~ Avery
Upwork

I still need some help with verifying my phone? Please and thanks!

Hi Austin,

A member of the team has reached out to you already regarding your concern. You should be able to see the email. Please check your inbox and spam folder, check the settings for your email provider and make sure emails from Upwork aren't being blocked. 

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hello! I searched spam, trash and inbox and I have gotten no reply!! Can you please send someone else again! I would really love to become a member of Upwork today!

Hi Austin,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket and assist you further, you can access your tickets on this Link. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
justin-mckay
Community Member

Hello I'm having an issue proceeding from the phone number verificaiton. My profile is complete AFAIK and I'm not receiving any errors but when I input my phone number and click verify, nothing happens

Hi Justin,

Thank you for letting us look into this. We have escalated your concern to the appropriate team. One of our representatives will reach out to you shortly. Let us know if you need anything else.

~ Riri
loretoriverosf
Community Member

I am having this same issue, don't know what to do...

Hi Loreto,

I've shared your concern with the customer support team and one of the team members will reach out and assist you directly via email. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork
afeodorov
Community Member

I can't verify a new account because I only have a landline. There's no way to verify if you can't received text messages which seems incredible. 

Could use some help here, thanks.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you for reaching out to us, Andrea.

One of our team members will reach out to you directly to assist you with your phone verification process. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
hvnleeskyes
Community Member

I'm not getting my text verification code.  I try different things as suggested in this thread but nothing is working.  Please advise.

Hi Erica,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with your verification. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
porterwayne
Community Member

I am trying to set up account but I get message that my number is being used for another account. How do I sort this out?

Hi Wayne,

Please be reminded that Upwork does not allow users to have multiple accounts. The phone number that is associated with one account cannot be associated with another account. Please close your new account in order not to violate Upwork's ToS.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork

As far as I know I don't have another account. Is there a way I can find out what "other account" they are talking about?

Hi Wayne,

Yes, please click on my name and send me a PM. I'll follow up and address your concern.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
merbaird
Community Member

Hello, 

I am stuck in the create profile section because the very last task is to verify my phone number. Each time I type my phone number and click 'verify', nothing happens. I was able to go into my account settings and verify my phone number successfully that way, however, Upwork will still not let me complete my profile. Please advise! 

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Meredith,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly to assist you with your phone verification process. 

Thank you for reaching out to us.

~ Bojan
Upwork
lamarcq-maelys
Community Member

Hello!

I started register on this website, as I am living in England, but to complete the registration, I need to confirm my number. But, I have a french number, and I don't have the possibility to insert it.

That's why, I'm stuck at this page:
https://www.upwork.com/ab/create-profile/introduce-yourself/

Wherever I click, I'm always redirected on this page, so I can't close the account, any idea about how I can finally close it?

Thanks

Thank you for reaching out to us, Maelys.

One of our team members will reach out to you directly to assist you with your phone verification process. 

~ Bojan
Upwork

Thank you very much!

maisie-owen
Community Member

hi, I am having trouble completing my account application. I have filled out all areas on the profile page however i am unable to verify my 'phone number for added security'. I recieved the verification code however it does not let me proceed to the next page when clicking the green button that says 'verify phone number'. When i click on this button nothing happens.

Please help me.

Thank you

**Edited for community guidelines**

Hi Maisie,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly to assist you with your concern.

~ Bojan
Upwork
rezayazdani
Community Member

Hello,

I click the 'verify phone number'  button , but i do not receive anything. so i can't move forward.

Thanks.

Thank you for reaching out to us, Reza,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you directly and assist you with your phone verification process.

~ Bojan
Upwork

Thanks.

eizepko
Community Member

I didn't receive a text message verification code. I've been stuck on this page and nothing is happening.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Elizabeth,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly to assist you with your phone verification process. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
lance-rimes
Community Member

I'm having the same issue.

Hi Lance,

Thank you for letting us look into this. We have escalated your concern to the appropriate team. One of our representatives will reach out to you shortly. Let us know if you need anything else.

~ Riri
valentinalr
Community Member

I received three different codes when i put my phone number and no one of them worked. Then the sistem told me that I failed to verify my phone number and to provide a different one, but I don't have another number. How can I solve the problem?

Hi Valentina,

~ Bojan
Upwork

I'm still waiting, hope you will solve it soon.

Thank you for your time,

Valentina

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths