🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: Verification code
Page options
danielle_kress
Community Member

I didn't receive a text message verification code

**Edited to Update - this thread has been closed from further replies due to its size.**

I pushed the verify phone number button and have yet to receive my verication code. Will someone from the admin team please contact me. 

2,981 REPLIES 2,981

Hi Valentina,

I apologize for the delay in receiving an update. I'll go ahead and follow up with the team handling your case and you can expect one of our agents to reach out to you directly via support ticket as soon as possible. Thank you for your patience.

~ Bojan
Upwork
tonymbarton
Community Member

I can't verify my phone number. I just keep getting "You failed to verify this phone number. Please provide a different number." I never got a text to verify this phone number. I tried two different browsers on two different devices.

Hi Anthony, 

A member of the Customer Support Team will reach out to you to assist you with your issue. 

~ Avery
Upwork
anthony-ulisse
Community Member

Hi Anthony,

A member of our team will reach out to you directly to assist you with your phone verification process. 

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hello, please call me on my cell at **Edited for community guidelines**. please leave a message and a call back number if needed. Thank you.

Hi Anthony,

A member of our team reached out to you already via email and is awaiting your response. Kindly check the inbox of the email you used to register your Upwork account and follow up with our agent. Once they have more information about the issue you're experiencing, our agent will assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
nerinalvi
Community Member

As with many others, despite inputting the correct phone number, I have not recieved a verification code. It would be appreciated if something could be done about that sooner rather than later.

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Neri, 

The Customer Support Team will reach out to you to assist you with your phone verification. 

~ Avery
Upwork
glimmermoment
Community Member

Hi,

I am out of the country and am unable to use my phone to receive text messages or phone calls and therefore I cannot verify my account. Is it possible to receive a verification code through my e-mail address?

Thank you

Hi Nicole,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

I have also not been able to receive a text verification. I took steps outlined in previous posts, please help. Thank you.

Hi Luke,

Thank you for letting us look into this. We have escalated your concern to the appropriate team. One of our representatives will reach out to you shortly. Let us know if you need anything else.

~ Riri

Hello! I've put in my correct US phone number several times and have yet to receive a text message. Please have someone contact me as soon as possible so I can move on in the process. Thank you.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Bianca,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you directly to assist you with your phone verification process.

~ Bojan
Upwork

I am also having trouble receiving a verification code for my phone number. Please could you have a look?

Hi Dave,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly to assist you with your phone verification process. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
athanasia_ch
Community Member

I'm trying to complete my profile but I do not have a UK phone number at the moment so I cannot receive any messages. It doesn't give me any other option but provide a UK phone number

Hi Athanasia,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you directly to assist you with your concern.

~ Bojan
Upwork
alexmac30
Community Member

I am having this problem also 

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Alexandra,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I've escalated your account information to our support team.

One of our agents will reach out to you directly to assist you with your request.

~ Bojan
Upwork
kaya2day
Community Member

Hello, 

I created an UpWork account last year but have since lost access to the email domain I signed up with. I've tried using that email to log back in but it says that username no longer exists.

I created a new account but when asked to verify my phone number it says that number is already in use. Any help on how to fix this problem? I understand you're not meant to have two accounts, but now I don't have either (at least one that's verified anyway?).

Thanks!

Hi Kaya,

I've shared your concern with our customer support team and one of the team members will reach out and assist you directly. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork
naomi-stirm
Community Member

My phone also does not receive text messages. How can I verify my account?

Hi Naomi,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly to assist you with your phone verification process. 

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
simonabojare
Community Member

I have the same problem. Can someone from the team get in touch with me?

Hi Simona,

Our team will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with your verification. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
dylancookdesign
Community Member

Hi,

I created an account on UpWork awhile back but I ended up finding enough work elsewhere so I did not complete and submit my profile. Things have changed and I would like to submit my profile so that I can start working through UpWork.

Well, all of my details have been saved but when I 'continue' the profile submission process to verify my phone number, the 'Verify My Phone Number' button doesn't work. It's an empty click and nothing gets sent to my phone.

If my profile is rejected for whatever reason, fine but it's frustrating that I can't even submit it for review. Can anyone explain why I can't verify my phone number and submit my profile?

Update: I asked the same question recently and I never received any emails notifying me of any responses. I assumed my question was not submitted but I just checked and the support team said someone would contact me directly, which did not happen.

Hi Dylan,

I apologize for the delay in receiving an update. I'll go ahead and follow up with the team handling your case and you can expect one of our agents to reach out to you directly via support ticket as soon as possible. Thank you for your patience.

~ Bojan
Upwork
m_hartdesign
Community Member

I am having the same issue.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Mark

Hi Mark,

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hello,
I'm having this same issue. Can someone please help me complete my registration?

Thank you,
Tony

Thank you for reaching out to us, Tony.

~ Bojan
Upwork

Also a new user with the same issue, first attempted last night and today with the same result, no code received.

Hi John,

Thanks for reaching out to us. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via support ticket to assist you with your phone verification.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
laura-lucia
Community Member

I have a client account and I am trying to set up a freelancer account. 

when trying to create the freelancer profile is requesting for my phone for verificacion but I receive an error message that my phone is already in use. I can't set my freelancer account because of this. Please help! Thank you.

Hi Laura,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via support ticket to assist you with your phone verification. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork
neuber_stephanie
Community Member

I'm having an issue related to this as well.  I already verified my phone number, but for whatever reason it is still asking me to verify my phone.  I already reached out about this issue and was suggested to clean out my cache, which I did with no resolution.  My profile still lingers for approval. 

Hi Stephanie,

I checked with the team and they've confirmed that the initial phone verification has expired. Please follow the notification to verify your phone so that you can complete this step. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths