🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: Phone number verification
Page options
danielle_kress
Community Member

I didn't receive a text message verification code

**Edited to Update - this thread has been closed from further replies due to its size.**

I pushed the verify phone number button and have yet to receive my verication code. Will someone from the admin team please contact me. 

2,981 REPLIES 2,981

Hi Dee,

Thanks for reaching out to us. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

I am having difficulty verifying my phone number. I had a duplicate account and I think my phone number may still be connected to that account which is now closed. 

Hi Frances, 

I apologise for the delay as I missed seeing your post. I have shared your concern with the Customer Support Team, and they will reach out to you to assist you further.

~ Avery
Upwork

Thank you so much, Avery. I appreciate your help.

- Fran

sarahkozak
Community Member

Hi, I am trying to create an account and after I fill our the profile and hit next it asks for a phone number so it can send me a verification code. It doesn't allow me to submit abumber and I never get a code. I've tried different browsers and even the iOS app. It does not have an option to proceed with the account unless I verify through text, but nothing works. I've tried many times over the last few months. What can I do? Thank you.
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you for reaching out to us, Sarah.

One of our team members will reach out to you directly to assist you with your phone verification process. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
noobtubegaming
Community Member

so i have provided all the information to complete my profile i even got my number verified, it even has a checkbox next to it saying verified. but when i try to complete my profile it prompts me to enter a code for my phone to verify it when i click the button it doesnt send me a new code  and wont let me type. it says i need to put in a new number because i failed to verify my number that is already shown as verified. but it wont let me change the number either. i am very frustrated with this and i cannot move forward until this issue is resolved. i would deeply appreciate any support i could get with this issueprompts me to verify my verified numberprompts me to verify my verified numberimmediately displays this page after clicking "Go To Enter Code"immediately displays this page after clicking "Go To Enter Code"

Thank you for reaching out to us, Zachery.

I've escalated your account information to our support team. One of our agents will reach out to you directly to assist you with this concern. 

~ Bojan
Upwork

Thank you I appreciate it
casey_e
Community Member

I am creating my profile. It asks me to enter my phone number to verify it before I can update my profile. It will not accept my phone number. I have tried on two laptops and my phone, all three will not allow me to click the highlighted "Verify Phone Number" button. I am unable to do anything.

**Edited for community guidelines**

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you for reaching out to us, Casey.

One of our team members will reach out to you directly to assist you with your phone verification process. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
lle_bold
Community Member

Hi ~ I'm trying to complete freelance account set up and need to do phone verification. The problem is, I am not receiving the text of the code I need to enter to verify. My phone # is entered correctly, but without code to enter I can't verify my account to get started.

I can't find anywhere else to address this issue except here, but it seems like a tech issue Upworks end. Thanks.

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Linda, 

I have shared your issue with the Customer Support Team, and they will reach out to you to assist you further with your phone verification. 

~ Avery
Upwork
la_jacob87
Community Member

Hello! 🙂
My issue right now is I can't submit a proposal to any projects because I have to verify my phone number but the phone number shown is my previous phone number. When I try to replace it with my current number, it says I attempted to change my phone number too many times and that I should contact support. I tried replacing my phone number in my contact info page but that did not resolve the issue. 😞 Thank you for taking the time to read and I hope you can help me. Have a good day! 🙂

P.S.
I registered to ODesk (during my registration) last 2013 (I think). I did one job for a client and that client did not reply to any of my messages after I sent him the finished material and of course I didn't get paid. I was so disappointed that I stopped using Odesk and looked for another job at another website. I decided to try Odesk/Upwork again but then there is this issue.

Hi Leslie Anne,

Please try updating your phone number again and let me know if you were successful.

~ Vladimir
Upwork

Thank you for your reply! I forgot to mention that I was successful in updating my phone number in my contact info page. It just seems like the system wouldn't use my new phone number when asking for verification. I tried submitting a proposal after you replied but I found out I'm already out of connects. I will try again come September. Thank you again! 😊😊😊

HI, I have the same issue I can't submit proposal because until now my Phone number is still not verified. when I'm trying to change it. It says please contact support. 

Hi Andy,

I just sent you a private message with more information. It should show in the upper left corner.

Thanks.

~ Valeria
Upwork

I'm having same issues while trying to finish my profile. I put in my number and never got code, now when i try it says I've failed so I have to use a different number, when I put in a different number it changes back to mine and gives me same message. I'd like to just verify with my own number and get this thing going. 

Thanks in advance.

Hi Jose,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you directly and assist you further, thank you for your patience.

~ Bojan
Upwork

It's strange.  I changed my number in the info portion and had a verification code sent to me.  But when I wanted to look for work, it took me back to my profile and said that I have to verify my phone number.  It had the old number in there.  So I put in the new number that I have verified, but it says to put in another number and shows the prior old number listed. 

Hi Stephanie,

Can you please clear your cache and cookies or try a different browser? If you still see the same old number and not the newly added one, please let us know so we can check further. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork

I'm having the same issue verifying my phone number. Please help ASAP.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Rob,

We'll have one of our team members reach out to you shortly and assist you further with your phone verification process, thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
ncasana
Community Member

Hi, I have been trying to set up my profile but after several attempts have not received a verification code. Any suggestions?

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Nidia, 

A member of the Customer Support Team will reach out to you to assist you with your concern. 

~ Avery
Upwork
iplaksina
Community Member

Hi Upwork team!

I didn't get the verification code to my phone number.

Is there another way to verify it?

Thanks

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you for reaching out to us, Irina.

~ Bojan
Upwork
master-scriber
Community Member

Hi,

I am new to upwork, while setting up new account system is asking for a phone to receive verification code.

It is adding incorrect area code to the number even before I enter anything. Please help

Regards,

Hi there,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you to assist you with your phone verification process.

Please note that your profile must represent you as an individual and that all the information in your profile including your name and profile photo needs to be accurate, truthful and verifiable. 

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
kevinmitchell116
Community Member

I'm having an issue verifying my phone number. It seems like other people have this problem also. It says my number is verified but then it says my profile isn't complete and that my number isn't verified and that I need to verify my number. I'm stuck in an endless loop. Please help. 

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Kevin,

I'm sorry for the inconvenience this has caused you. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. Please note that a copy of the ticket will arrive in your email as well from where you can continue the correspondence with our team.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
jinnibradfield
Community Member

Janis B  - I am having the same problem.  My profile setup is stuck on the phone number.  It claims someone else is using my phone number.

Hi Jinni,

One of our team members will reach out and assist you directly via support ticket, thank you. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
luke_rehage
Community Member

Hi, I'm currently stuck on the phone verification page of creating my profile. No matter how many times I enter the number I want to use to verify, it says it's unable to do so. Is there any way to resovle this issue?

Hi Luke,

One of our team members will reach out and assist you directly via support ticket, thank you. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
thetech9
Community Member

Hi,

I couldn't verify phone using Google voice number. Please help.

Thanks,

Noman

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you for reaching out to us.

Please note that your profile must represent you as an individual and that all the information in your profile including your name needs to be accurate, truthful and verifiable. Please check this help article for more information on how to update your profile name. 

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
jinnibradfield
Community Member

I am having the same problem.  Can someone message me to help me delete the phone number from my old profile (which I can no longer access), so that I can enter the same phone number to go with my new profile?  I am stuck in limbo and cannot submit any more proposals.

Hi Jinni,

A member of our team reached out to you already via email and is awaiting for your response. Kindly check the inbox of the email you used to register your Upwork account and follow up with our agent. Once they have more information about the issue you're experiencing, our agent will assist you accordingly.

Thank you for your patience! 

~ Bojan
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths