🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » My US number can not receive verification cod...
Page options
danielle_kress
Community Member

I didn't receive a text message verification code

**Edited to Update - this thread has been closed from further replies due to its size.**

I pushed the verify phone number button and have yet to receive my verication code. Will someone from the admin team please contact me. 

2,981 REPLIES 2,981
chivas02
Community Member

I've been asked to verify my phone number by entering the code that will be sent to my number, but a message appears every time I try to do it, saying that I failed to verify my phone number. What is the best soution?

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you for reaching out to us, Daniela. I've escalated your account information to our support team. One of our agents will reach out to you directly to assist you with your phone verification process.

~ Bojan
Upwork
chamorro_jp
Community Member

I would like assistance for the same thing. I am not getting the verification text or number to verify my phone number

Hi JP,

One of our agents will reach out to you directly and assist you with your phone verification process.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
katerral
Community Member

Hello,
I am trying to build my account. When I try and verify my phone number it automatically says “you failed to verify this number. Try a different number.”

So o tried my husbands phone number but the same thing happened. Please help!

Hi Katerra,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via ticket and assist further in completing the phone verification step. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork
mdennington
Community Member

Trying to set up my profile and the Verify Phone Number dialog won't let me click on the Green button at the end. Have cleared cache/cookies and tried 3 different browsers and still the same problem.

Any idea what I could be doing wrong ?

Hi Mark, 

A member of the Customer Support Team will reach out to you to assist you. I'm sorry if this has caused you any inconvenience.

~ Avery
Upwork
rhondamorin
Community Member

I am trying to set up my profile but I can't move forward without verifying my phone. I have a strange phone number but its mine. I have never received a text to verify my phone. Can someone help me?

sunwolf87
Community Member

Pretty simple issue.  I keep getting an error saying the phone number I entered is invalid.  I've tried multiple cell numbers including my own (since you can't receive a text at a home phone) and I'm using the ten-digit format.  Idk what to do and need help from someone at Upwork please.

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Michael, and Rhonda, 

The Customer Support Team has reached out to you separately through an email support ticket to assist you with your phone verification. I apologise if this has caused any inconvenience on your end.

~ Avery
Upwork
jjhamblin
Community Member

I am also having trouble verifying my account phone number. Texts will not send. Can I get assistance on this? Thanks!

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you for reaching out to us, Joseph.

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via support ticket to assist you with your phone verification process. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
tinternoscia
Community Member

I need help. I created my account a couple weeks ago but it will not verify through my phone number. I keep on trying to send the verification code but I am not receiving a code whatsoever. This has been a pain because there isn't a way around this and it's really frustrating.

Hi Tyler, 

A member of the Customer Support Team will reach out to you to assist you with your phone verification. 

~ Avery
Upwork
shaikathaque
Community Member

Hi, I am unable to complete creating my profile. In the step to verify my phone number, when I click the 'Verify Phone Number' button, nothing happens.

This is hindering my ability to start using upwork.

Here's th error I get when inspecting the network request, if it helps: "Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 400 ()".

Thank you.

Shaikat

Hi Shaikat, 

I apologise for the inconvenience. The Customer Support Team will reach out to assist you with your phone verification. 

~ Avery
Upwork
xxatr
Community Member

Hello, I, too, am having difficulty verifying my phone number for the initiation of my account.  I have cleared my cache and cookies on both my original platforms, Chrome and Microsoft Edge, yet have still been unable to initiate and verify my phone number for my account. May I recieve service with this matter, as well, please?

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Alm'Bria,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you directly to assist you with your phone verification process.

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
maraakatcher
Community Member

I am trying to finish my profile, and when it asks me to verify my phone number, I enter it and click the "verify" button and nothing happens. I assume I'm suppoed to get a new window where I would enter the code. I get no new window, no new text, no code, nothing. I've tried refreshing the page and using different browsers, and it is continuing to do this today.

Hi Mara, 

One of our team members will reach out to you via support ticket and assist you further with your phone verification, thank you.

~ Joanne
Upwork
jcmcclure
Community Member

**Edited for Community Guidelines** is my phone number which I couldnt verify. Please correct this. Thank you

Hi JC,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with your verification. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi JC, 

Our team will be happy to assist you. Could you please share what specific issue you are going through so that our team can assist you further? 

~ Avery
Upwork
dodkins_henry
Community Member

Hi,

Option to verify phone number disappeared after several attempts on an international number. Please can I get verified via a different method.

Many thanks,

Rupert

1. The headline of your thread/post references a "US number," but you ask within the post itself about an international phone number. This is confusing.

2. Maybe the probem is that you are attempting verification with an international phone number, while your location is [supposed to be] in California, USA.

3. Is your name Henry or Rupert? This is also confusing.

Hi Henry,

Please note that your profile must represent you as an individual and that all the information in your profile including your name and phone number needs to be accurate, truthful and verifiable. 

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via support ticket to assist you with your further.

~ Bojan
Upwork
juli-j
Community Member

Hello! When trying to set up my profile, I cannot change the verification phone number.  I had originally put in a former number (I have recently changed phone numbers) and therefore the verification did not go through. Now, when I put in my current number and click 'send verification code', it just reverts to the old number that didn't work in the first place and says that I failed to submit the verification code. 

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you for reaching out to us, Juli.

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via support ticket to assist you with your request. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
remydavison
Community Member

Hi,

I entered my phone number for verification (I'm US-based) and it has not sent the code and won't give me the option to resend it. I already verified that it's the correct number. I cannot procede with making my profile until I pass this step. Can someone help me verify my phone number or skip this step?

Hi Remy,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Looks like your phone number was successfully verified. May you please clear your cache and cookies or log in with another browser to check if you`re still experiencing the same issue.

Let us know if the issue persists.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork

I keep putting in my phone number but i'm not recieving a verification code.

Hi Georgia,

I shared your request with the rest of our team and one of our agents will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. Please note that a copy of the ticket will arrive in your email as well from where you can continue the correspondence with our team.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
vincent-boc
Community Member

I am not able to change phone number either. I entered wrong number.

Hi Vincent,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket and assist you further with your number. Thank you.

~ Joanne
Upwork

Joanne,

When are they gonna fix the phone number, so I can move on to te next step?

Hi Vincent,

Your concern was escalated to our team and they're looking into it. Please allow time for them to carefully investigate all facts and once they do they will reach out to you with more details.

Thank you for patience!

~ Bojan
Upwork
furmanfortner
Community Member

I'd like to finish setting up my profile but when I get to the phone number security I get stuck with You failed to verify this phone number. Please provide a different number.

Hi Furman,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly to assist you with your concern.

~ Bojan
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths