🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: Verifying my phone number when registerin...
Page options
danielle_kress
Community Member

I didn't receive a text message verification code

**Edited to Update - this thread has been closed from further replies due to its size.**

I pushed the verify phone number button and have yet to receive my verication code. Will someone from the admin team please contact me. 

2,981 REPLIES 2,981
h_smittil
Community Member

I am also not recieving my 5-digit verification code. Can someone help me, please?

Hi Helene,

It looks like you have already successfully verified your phone. Please, let us know if you have any further questions.

~ Valeria
Upwork

I am not receiving any verification code either

Hi Suresh, 

The Customer Support Team is looking into your account, and I will get back to you with more information once I receive feedback from them. 

~ Avery
Upwork
jsdosanjh
Community Member

I am also having issues with verifying my phone number. But, no code is being sent to it. So, I am not able to create an upwork account. Please help!

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Jasvant, 

I can confirm that you have already completed the phone verification. Let me know if there is anything else we can help you with!

~ Avery
Upwork
modi_rupesh
Community Member

Hello, 

I cant seem to verify my phone number. I'm getting the following message: " You failed to verify this phone number. Please provide a different number." 

I created my profile a while ago and at that time, I used my number for verification but never actually went ahead with the verification process. 

Please help.

Thank you.

Rupesh M wrote:

I created my profile a while ago and at that time, I used my number for verification but never actually went ahead with the verification process. 

It probably has something to do with the fact that you are not located where your profile claims that you are located...

Your profile must be entirely truthful, including your location. You are no more in "woodbridge township, United States" than I am.

I created my profile while I was overseas but I'm back home. Just trying to complete the profile now. Bold of you to assume that I'm not where I claim to be. 

Rupesh M wrote:

Bold of you to assume that I'm not where I claim to be. 

Well, you clearly aren't, are you?

You also weren't where your profile claims you are in February this year, when you created your profile.

Thats exactly what I'm saying. I created my profile while I was overseas. Now I'm back home (NJ). 

Hi Rupesh,

I checked your account and it looks like our team reached out to you regarding your account. Please check the email and follow the steps provided by our team so that they can assist you in completing the phone verification step. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork

Hello,

I have tried everything - using Chrome, Firefox, both apps on iOS, correcting the address, etc and I still have the same issue - can't verify the number. I'm trying to be done with setting up the profile so I can close my account (I don't use upwork at all never have). Please allow my number to be verified or better yet please close my account. Thank you.

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Agathe, 

Kindly confirm if you would like us to close your account from our end, and our team will assist you further.

~ Avery
Upwork
carroll-tamara
Community Member

I accidentally entered my phone number wrong and can't change it

I entered my phone number incorrectly and now I can't receive the verification code. Is there a way I can change it? I can't access my Contact info to edit it myself. 

Hi Tamara, and Lauren, 

The Customer Support Team will reach out to each of you to assist you with your issue. I apologise for the inconvenience. 

~ Avery
Upwork

I have an issue also I put in the wrong phone number by accident is there a way this can be fixed?

Hi Brandon, 

The Customer Support Team will reach out to you to assist you with your concern. 

~ Avery
Upwork
dangerdamage
Community Member

Hey everyone!

I've been trying to set up my UpWork profile and I am getting stuck on the part where I have to verify my phone number. After typing it and hitting the verify button, I get no messages on my phone nor do I get any update on the webpage. I have tried logging in and out on multiple devices to see if that was the problem but to no avail. I also have checked the number I entered every time. Plus I added my country code to see if that was the issue.

Thanks for your help!

Thank you for reaching out to us, Christine.

One of our team members will reach out to you directly to assist you with your phone verification process. 

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hi Christine, there can be only several reasons for this problem. 
Are you using a phone number that is registered under your name by the network provider? In some cases, the SMS gateway does not respond due to mismatched information. Another reason can be if you have a phone number that is shifted to another network provider, it is one of the most common reasons why automated messages which land on SMS gateway do not reroute to the receiver. If none of the above cases matches your case. Then just wait a while and try again. 
Thanks,
Shaheer

johnnypontiac
Community Member

Hello All,

just got a message while trying to create my account the the phine number is in use with another account? i tried using one of my other numbers but i realize the phone is no longer working, how can i get my number changed ?

Hi Johnny,

I'm sorry for the delay in getting a response to you. One of our team members already reached out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
aspiremapper
Community Member

I would like to change my phone number, but I can't. I am required to send a verification code, but I got a new cellphone and can't receive verification code.

Hi Aspire,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via support ticket and assist you in verifying your phone number. Thank you.

~ Joanne
Upwork
businesscat78
Community Member

I'm having the same issue. Can someone please reach out to me and help? The error message keeps saying "You failed to verify this phone number. Please provide a different number.", but I never received any message.

Hi Jason, 

A member of the Customer Support Team will reach out to you to assist you with your concern. 

~ Avery
Upwork
a_icenhower
Community Member

My husband used my Phone number on his UW account all last month.

We got him a new phone with new number, CHANGED HIS UW account info

(We double checked, he removed my number for sure) ... now I go to make my UW account and I enter in my number and i am told 'This number is being used by another account'. How can we get my number to MY account?

Hi Alexia,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly to assist you with your phone verification process. 

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
cesarperez27
Community Member

I did not receive a text message verification no matter how many times I put in my phone number or resend the message. I literally cannot do anything else on my account until I verify my phone number, I can't even submit a proposal until my "profile is complete". Could an administrator please help me?

Hi Cesar,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you directly to assist you with your phone verification process.

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
kendiebner
Community Member

Does anybody know how you can connect with a live person to addres questions. All the help tools lead you to an article or a robot chat but how do you connect with a real person?

Ken:

I'm a live person.

What is your question?

Thanks for your willingness to help.

I’m brand new to Upwork and as I was imputing my phone number I transposed a number. Now I’m trying to edit the phone number but they system does not allow you do so. Any thoughts?

Ken

Some fields get locked.

Read this:

Can't change my phone number.

I think you will need help from Customer Support.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you for reaching out to us, Ken.

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via support ticket to assist you with your request. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
gaelle_h
Community Member

Hello, 

I made a mistake when I put my phone number. 

I will never receive the confirmation code 

Could you help me to change it ? 

Thank you 

Gaelle 

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you for reaching out to us, Gaelle.

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via support ticket to assist you with your request.

~ Bojan
Upwork

Gaelle H wrote:

Hello, 

I made a mistake when I put my phone number. 

I will never receive the confirmation code 

Could you help me to change it ? 

Thank you 

Gaelle 

It doesn't matter that much. Considering your profile overview you are bound to waste your time on Upwork.

-----------
"Where darkness shines like dazzling light"   —William Ashbless
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths