🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: phone number verification issue
Page options
danielle_kress
Community Member

I didn't receive a text message verification code

**Edited to Update - this thread has been closed from further replies due to its size.**

I pushed the verify phone number button and have yet to receive my verication code. Will someone from the admin team please contact me. 

2,981 REPLIES 2,981

Hi Stephnaie,

We'll have a member of our support team reach out to you via email and assist with verifying your phone.

Thanks!

~ Valeria
Upwork
sunwolf87
Community Member

I can't find any function for starting a new thread, so I'll reply here.  I'm having the same issue, I'm in the us.  It just says can't verify phone number in red, and I've tried multiple numbers with no success.  I've been told by so many people that I should freelance with you guys and would love to give your service a shot but this is tripping me up.  Please help!

Hi Michael, 

I`m sorry about the inconvenience this had caused you. One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with your verification. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

I am also unable to get past the phone number verification step. Nothing happens when I click "Verify Phone Number". Your web application is broken -- I know a freelancer who could fix it for you! 😉

Seriously though, can somebody help me get my phone number verified? Thanks!

Hi Vince,

Thanks for reaching out to us. One of our team members already reached out to you directly via support ticket to assist you further with Phone verification.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
beths1989
Community Member

I have been working with Elance to get my account verified. It is verified correct number, landline phone so I don't have a code and I still cant get through the verification process. 

Hi Elizabeth,

Thanks for reaching out to us. I'm sorry for the inconvenience this has caused you. I checked and it seems that you already have an open ticket for your verification issues. Kindly, allow time for our team to carefully review your account and respond accordingly. You will be notified of their response. We thank you for your patience.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
mstrinalynne
Community Member

I'm pushing the verify phone number button and nothing is happening

Hi Trina,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly and assist you with your phone verification process. Thank you.

~ Joanne
Upwork
bejaro
Community Member

Hi!

I have a half-finished account that I set up whilst in the UK. I'm now living in the UAE and wish to finish my application, but the system asks for a UK phone number which I no longer have. I also am unable to change the country listed on my profile page.

What can I do, please?

Thanks,

Ben

Hi Ben,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly and assist you with your phone verification process. Thank you.

~ Joanne
Upwork
mk_gillespie
Community Member

Thank you for reaching out to us, Molly.

One of our team members will reach out to you directly to assist you with your phone verification process. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
garnermadison
Community Member

this is happening to me to! I cannot figure out how to finish setting up my account because of it.

Hi Madison,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I've escalated your account information to our support team. One of our agents will reach out to you directly to assist you with your phone verification process.

~ Bojan
Upwork
garnermadison
Community Member

My phone verification will not send the code, and so i am unable to finish setting up my account! Please help!

Hi Madison, 

A member of the Customer Support Team will reach out to you directly to assist you with your phone verification. 

~ Avery
Upwork
luanacolucci
Community Member

Hello-

can someone please contact me? Upwork is not sending me verification code on phone. I tried from my computer from different browers, from my phone... I tried to delete cache and cookies... nothing is working.

Thanks for your help!

Hi Luana, 

A member of the Customer Support Team will reach out to you to assist you with your phone verification. 

~ Avery
Upwork
fox-amanda
Community Member

My verification text has not been sent to my phone after several requests. Please contact me.
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Amanda,

I checked this for you and it looks like your phone verification process was completed successfully. May you please clear your cache and cookies or log in with another browser to check if you`re still experiencing the same issue.

Let us know if the issue persists.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
craigbossley
Community Member

Hi Moderators,

I'm trying to finish the create account/create profile step but it won't let me past the verify phone number page.

Any phone number I put in just gets stuck and doesn't let me past.

Best,

Craig Bossley

Thank you for reaching out to us, Craig.

One of our team members will reach out to you directly to assist you with your phone verification process. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
allison_dartt
Community Member

I didn't receive a text message for verification. Could someone assist me?

Thank you for reaching out to us, Allison. I've escalated your account information to our support team. One of our agents will reach out to you directly to assist you with your phone verification process.

~ Bojan
Upwork
ravenstevenson
Community Member

I'm having trouble with phone verification as well. I enter my number and click "Verify Phone Number" and I get the message "You failed to verify this phone number. Please provide a different number.". Also, the code never comes through. I cleared cache and tried it in Firefox to no avail. Please help.

Hi Raven,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you directly to assist you with your phone verification process.

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
komteksolutions
Community Member

Each time I click the Continue button I see a message to enter my token from the phone but I never receive a text and I have rechecked the number several times and is correct.

Thank you for reaching out to us, Raymond.

One of our team members will reach out to you directly to assist you with your phone verification process. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
wagonerat
Community Member

I have hit the re-send code button but I have not recieved my security code yet

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Aaron,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you directly to assist you with your phone verification process.

~ Bojan
Upwork
alexpogue
Community Member

I am also failing to receive a verification text when I type my phone number.

I get the message: You failed to verify this phone number. Please provide a different number.

Please help!

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you for reaching out to us, Alex.

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hi, I also couldn't get the phone code for verification even though I hit the resend button multiple times already.

Hi Khiet, 

A member of the Customer Support Team will reach out to you to assist you with your phone verification.

~ Avery
Upwork
vetgraphics
Community Member

When making an account the final step is to add phone number to verify. I've tried two valid phone numbers, but when I press verify button nothing at all happens.

be sure to add the area code before the number and try again if its the same problem contact support team 

Thank you for reaching out to us, Christian.

~ Bojan
Upwork
vlnguyen92
Community Member

I have this exact same issue. That is, when I put in my number and clicked 'Verify Phone Number', nothing happened. Could someone please help?

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Linh,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you directly and assist you with your phone verification process.

~ Bojan
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths