🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: Phone Verification
Page options
danielle_kress
Community Member

I didn't receive a text message verification code

**Edited to Update - this thread has been closed from further replies due to its size.**

I pushed the verify phone number button and have yet to receive my verication code. Will someone from the admin team please contact me. 

2,981 REPLIES 2,981

Hi, when I try to enter my phone number it says: " You failed to verify this phone number" but it is my american phone number and it works. I even tried with other phone number and I have the same issue

Hi Marina, 

I have shared your account information with the Customer Support Team and they will reach out to you to assist you with your concern. 

~ Avery
Upwork

I can’t tap button to verify phone number!!!!
zhaozh36
Community Member

Hi, 

I try to verify my phone number, but the system keeps telling me that the verification failed, and I need to use a different number. 

May I have a staff to help me to solve the tech problem please? 

Thanks!

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you for reaching out to us, Gloria.

One of our team members will reach out to you directly to assist you with your phone verification process. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
gfindlay
Community Member

I am having the same issue. No text. I have tried all browsers. Will someone assist? Thanks. 

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Gaia,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you directly to assist you with your phone verification process.

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork

I can’t type in phone number. Button is greyed out!

Hi Candace,

I checked and it looks like the phone number you currently have registered on your account is verified. If you're trying to update your phone number, I tried but was not able to replicate the issue. Could you please try using a different browser to enter the phone number?

Please let us know if the issue persists,

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork
stephaniejaebird
Community Member

Hi I am trying to finalize my profile and when I go to verify my phone number, the button won't work to move me on to get the text message. Any ideas? I have tried Chrome and Safari, I am on an apple computer.

Thank you for reaching out to us, Stephanie.

One of our team members will reach out to you directly to assist you with your phone verification process. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
andeaton
Community Member

Hello!

I am attempting to verify my phone number to finish up my profile and it says my phone number is already in use. I don't believe I've ever used this website before, and I've only had this number for a few years. I believe the phone number could be used on an account that belonged to the previous owner of the number (especially as I still get calls from people asking for the previous owner.) If anybody could assist me I would greatly appreciate it.

Thank you!

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Aubrey,

I've escalated your account information to our support team. One of our agents will reach out to you directly to assist you with your phone verification process.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
jared-wharton
Community Member

I've spent quite some time filling out all of the required fields to create my profile, but once I got to the phone number section, there seems to be no way to proceed. Here's the issue:

I verified my email address using the pin provided, and it even shows in the dialogue box as verified. But after doing so, it brings me back to the screen attached, which shows the button that says: "Go To Enter Code." Then the next screen (see attachment) comes up saying: "You failed to verify this phone number. Please provide a different number." The links for resending a code or changing the phone do not work, so from this point, I can't move forward and finish my account.

I'd like to know if there's a way to work around this, or if it's just a technical issue that someone can assist me with.

Hi Jared,

I'm sorry to hear about the trouble this caused. I checked your account and it looks like you successfully completed the phone verification process. Could you please clear your cache and cookies or log in with another browser to check if you`re still experiencing the same issue?

Let us know if the issue persists.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hi Bojan! Thank you for your reply. I did both of your reccomendations and the issue still persists. Is there anything else I can do to help move this forward?

I'm sorry to hear that, Jared.

One of our team members will reach out to you directly to assist you with your concern. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
kate-pace
Community Member

Hello.  I follwed the steps to verify my phone number, but I have not received a text.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Kate,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I've escalated your account information to our support team. One of our agents will reach out to you directly to assist you with your phone verification process.

~ Bojan
Upwork
tjohn130
Community Member

I am have trouble verifying my phone number in the profile section. It is showing a green checkmark towards the input bar but, it isn't showing a green dot for complete on the right. Any suggestions?

Hi Teddy,

I'm sorry for the inconvenience this has caused you. One of our team members already reached out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
xanaduartstudio
Community Member

I’d like to verify my phone number but it continues to show failed, use another number. My cell phone is the correct no. So I’m not sure why it failed to connect and send the code. Please help. 

Hi Margaret,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via support ticket and assist you further in verifying your phone number. Thank you.

~ Joanne
Upwork
zach-martinez
Community Member

I am new to Upwork. I am creating my account, and it asks for a phone number to verify my identity. I do not own a phone. Is there an alternate verification or a way to skip this step?

Hi Zach,

Thanks for reaching out to us. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. Please note that a copy of the ticket will arrive in your email as well from where you can continue the correspondence with our team.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

I tried both of these links and searched for a reply. I could not find
anything, or even my original post.

Hi Zach,

Your original post was merged into this thread. One of our team members already reached out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
studioninetyfive
Community Member

Hi,

I'm from Germany and I just moved to England, now I can't verify my Phone number because I have a german prefix and the country I previously choose is England

Konstantin A wrote:

Hi,

I'm from Germany and I just moved to England, now I can't verify my Phone number because I have a german prefix and the country I previously choose is England

Walk to your nearest shop and buy a UK pay-as-you-go SIM card. If you "moved to England"  you'll need a UK number anyway.

Hi Petra, thanks for your supply.
I will only be living here for like 6 months so I could live quite good with EU roaming.

Isn't there a way to change my account back to german with the current location being in England?
Greetings,
Konstantin

Hi Konstantin,

Thanks for reaching out to us. One of our team members already reached out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. Let us know if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
cglubiak
Community Member

It says my phone number is verified on that page when building my profile, but then it says it's not verified on the code page. It won't let me re-enter a phone number or the code I was sent and will not resend the code.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Claire, 

Thank you for reaching out to us. I checked your account and it looks like you successfully completed the phone verification process. Could you please clear your cache and cookies or log in with another browser to check if you`re still experiencing the same issue?

Let us know if the issue persists.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
cglubiak
Community Member

Hi!

The issue persists even when I cleared my history and cookies and tried a
different browser.

Is there anything else I can try?

Thanks!
Claire
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Claire, 

I checked your account and can see that your phone number is already verified. Are you still seeing the "not-verified" notification on your account? 

~ Avery
Upwork
heatheralarab
Community Member

I cannot add my phone number to this account. It says "This number is being used by antoher account. Please provide a different number." I've had the same number for 10+ years and none of my other emails are linked to an account, so there is no way for me to move forward with my account.

Thank you for reaching out to us, Heather.

~ Bojan
Upwork
danielle-wiggins
Community Member

When setting up your profile, has anyone received the message, "you failed to verify this phone number"? I've never tried to verify that phone number, and it's my direct cell. I've even tried typing in friends numbers just to test and nothing works. I can't get past this step to finish verifying my profile. Help! 

Hi Danielle, 

A member of the Customer Support Team will reach out to you to assist you with your concern. 

~ Avery
Upwork
beth_schwartz
Community Member

I entered my cell number, but have not received a text with the verification code!

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths