cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't Complete Profile

Highlighted
Zach M Member Since: Aug 31, 2019
1151 of 2,464

I am new to Upwork. I am creating my account, and it asks for a phone number to verify my identity. I do not own a phone. Is there an alternate verification or a way to skip this step?

Highlighted
Aleksandar D Moderator Member Since: Mar 23, 2019
1152 of 2,464

Hi Zach,

Thanks for reaching out to us. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. Please note that a copy of the ticket will arrive in your email as well from where you can continue the correspondence with our team.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Untitled
Highlighted
Zach M Member Since: Aug 31, 2019
1153 of 2,464
I tried both of these links and searched for a reply. I could not find
anything, or even my original post.
Highlighted
1154 of 2,464

Hi Zach,

Your original post was merged into this thread. One of our team members already reached out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Untitled
Highlighted
Konstantin A Member Since: Sep 1, 2019
1155 of 2,464

Hi,

I'm from Germany and I just moved to England, now I can't verify my Phone number because I have a german prefix and the country I previously choose is England

Highlighted
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
1156 of 2,464

Konstantin A wrote:

Hi,

I'm from Germany and I just moved to England, now I can't verify my Phone number because I have a german prefix and the country I previously choose is England

Walk to your nearest shop and buy a UK pay-as-you-go SIM card. If you "moved to England"  you'll need a UK number anyway.

Highlighted
Konstantin A Member Since: Sep 1, 2019
1157 of 2,464

Hi Petra, thanks for your supply.
I will only be living here for like 6 months so I could live quite good with EU roaming.

Isn't there a way to change my account back to german with the current location being in England?
Greetings,
Konstantin

Highlighted
1158 of 2,464

Hi Konstantin,

Thanks for reaching out to us. One of our team members already reached out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. Let us know if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Untitled
Claire G Member Since: Sep 2, 2019
1159 of 2,464

It says my phone number is verified on that page when building my profile, but then it says it's not verified on the code page. It won't let me re-enter a phone number or the code I was sent and will not resend the code.

Highlighted
Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
1160 of 2,464

Hi Claire, 

Thank you for reaching out to us. I checked your account and it looks like you successfully completed the phone verification process. Could you please clear your cache and cookies or log in with another browser to check if you`re still experiencing the same issue?

Let us know if the issue persists.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Untitled