🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: cant confirm phone number
Page options
danielle_kress
Community Member

I didn't receive a text message verification code

**Edited to Update - this thread has been closed from further replies due to its size.**

I pushed the verify phone number button and have yet to receive my verication code. Will someone from the admin team please contact me. 

2,981 REPLIES 2,981
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Reid,

I'm sorry to hear about the trouble you're experiencing. Could you please clear your cache and cookies or log in with another browser to check if you`re still experiencing the same issue?

Let us know if the issue persists.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork

i am having the same problem - i cannot recieve the verification code via text.  i have tried 2 browsers on another computer to no avail.  could someone please help me complete this step so i can activate my profile?

thank you!

Hi Lisa, 

I have shared your account information with the Customer Suppor Team and they will reach out to you to assist you further with your concern. 

~ Avery
Upwork
kennedy3857
Community Member

Hey everyone!  

I'm new to Upwork and I had just verified my phone number and decided I wanted to go back and change something on the specialty tab.  Once I finished editing, I clicked back to the phone number tab and it says that my phone number has been verified but keeps prompting me to enter a code.  I had already entered the code and verified my phone number.  But I clicked it and it says that I "failed to verify this phone number.  Please provide a different number."  I tried to resend the code and got nothing.  I tried changing the phone number altogether but I am unable to since on the previous page it was already approved.  I'm not sure what to do and the bot is not helping at all.

Please help!

Thanks

Hi Kennedy, 

I'm sorry for the inconvenience this has caused. The Customer Support Team will reach out to you to assist you with your concern. 

~ Avery
Upwork
hire-me-cooke
Community Member

I am trying to create an Upwork profile as a new user and when I get to the part where I need to verify my phone number, I get an error message saying that I failed to verify my phone number and to try another one. There doesn't seem to be any work-around. Please advise. 

Thank you for reaching out to us, Melissa.

I've escalated your account information to our support team. One of our agents will reach out to you directly to assist you with your phone verification process.

~ Bojan
Upwork
theambition
Community Member

Apologies, but I am also having the same issue. I have also cleaned out my cache and swapped browsers. I get to the phone number, and once I type it in, it claims I need more digits and stays highlighted in red. I am unable to get past this step. May I have some help with this?

Thank you for reaching out to us, Desirae.

One of our team members will reach out to you directly to assist you with your phone verification process. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
campgrowth
Community Member

Hello, I am having the same issue. Can you help me as well? I get an error when trying to get an sms sent to my number and never get the sms.**Edited for community guidelines**

THank you. 

Dan

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you for reaching out to us, Dan.

I've escalated your account information to our support team. One of our agents will reach out to you directly to assist you with your phone verification process.

~ Bojan
Upwork
emily_s_martin
Community Member

Hello,

I'm trying to create a new account, however, the phone number page of the profile set up will not send my phone the code. I've tried on two different numbers. And there is no way to bypass this part of the sign-up process without entering the verification code.

Thank you!

Hi Emily,

I checked this for you and it looks like you successfully verified your phone number. Could you please clear your cache and cookies or log in with another browser to check if you`re still experiencing the same issue?

Let us know if the issue persists.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
andrew_esch
Community Member

Hello! I cannot complete my profile because UpWork thinks my phone number is verified but is also saying it is not. 

I cannot change my number for another code because UpWork thinks my phone number is already verified. Most of it is complete, but I cannot view any jobs because of this issue or apply for anything due to this issue. I also cannot change my profile photo (to a more professional one) without having a complete profile, so this issue is problematic.

Thank you for reaching out to us, Andrew.

One of our team members will reach out to you directly to assist you with your concerns. 

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hello, 

I am experiencing the same issue where I am not recieving the text to verify my account. Can some please help? Thanks!

Cheers,

Davis

Hi Davis,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via support ticket and assist you further, thanks.

~ Joanne
Upwork
c_bass
Community Member

Hi Crystal,

Thanks for reaching out to us. One of our team members already reached out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. Please note that a copy of the ticket will arrive in your email as well from where you can continue the correspondence with our team.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
creativeleadgens
Community Member

I entered my phone number to receive the verification code, and when I enter the code it takes me to the same page but this time it says that phone number is not verified. I resend it, but the code text box is now grayed out. What do I do?

Hi Julian,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via support ticket and assist you further, thanks.

~ Joanne
Upwork
kareem_o6
Community Member

I am having the same issue.

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Abiodun, 

A member of the Customer Support Team will reach out to you to assist you with your concern. 

~ Avery
Upwork
writeitup_copy
Community Member

Hi,

Piggy backing on to this thread.

I'm trying to raise a complaint as I haven't received my verification code on my phone. Quite frustrating as I just started setting up my profile and want to just get on with it!

Thank you for reaching out to us, Amna.

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via support ticket to assist you with your phone verification process. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
bah0021
Community Member

I just got the email that my account is now live. I clicked the confirm your account button. It takes me to the create your profile information page. I complete and check the information and move onto verifying the phone number. Now it says that my phone number can't be verified as it is being used in another profile which can't be true. Not sure how to fix this. 

Best,

Austin

Hi Austin,

Thanks for reaching out to us. I sent you a PM with more information regarding your request.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
rushitt
Community Member

I had an old account that was connected to my ohone number. I no longer have the old account information or the email address associated with that account. I want to verify the new account. What do I do?

Hi Rusty,

Could you please send me a PM with the username and email address of the old account? I'll check that for you and assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

I still have not received a solution to this problem.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you for reaching out to us, Rusty.

One of our team members will reach out to you directly to assist you with your phone verification process. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
irishhkate
Community Member

Hi Kathryn,

Thanks for reaching out to us. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
henke-melonie
Community Member

Hello! I am trying to complete my profile but it is stuck on the phone number. Would a member of the admin team please contact me?

Hi Melonie, 

I have shared your account information with the Customer Support Team. Someone will reach out to you to assist you with your concern. 

~ Avery
Upwork
christopher-holt
Community Member

I am unable to change my phone number for verification purposes. 

Christopher H wrote:

I am unable to change my phone number for verification purposes. 

Is it possible that you are a little confused about where you are located?

Where I’m located?

Hi Christopher,

Could you confirm if you would like to change the phone number code, or you would like to add another phone number on your profile?

Unfortunately, the phone number code can't be changed as it is automatically selected for the country that is listed on your profile. If you have any additional questions let me know, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

The verification code won't send to my cellphone
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths