🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: The "Verify Phone Button" does not work
Page options
danielle_kress
Community Member

I didn't receive a text message verification code

**Edited to Update - this thread has been closed from further replies due to its size.**

I pushed the verify phone number button and have yet to receive my verication code. Will someone from the admin team please contact me. 

2,981 REPLIES 2,981
kirtmarkle
Community Member

Can you tell me what I need to do to get verification when I do not own a cell phone?

Thanks

Kirt Markle

**Edited for community guidelines**

Try Google Voice, which provides a free phone number that you can use to receive and send text messages.

Preston H wrote:

Try Google Voice, which provides a free phone number that you can use to receive and send text messages.

Better to connect with Support than use methods which have already been flagged as being a work-around for people who say they are in places where they are not.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you for reaching out to us, Kirt.

One of our team members will reach out to you directly to assist you with your phone verification process. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
atienza_nyla
Community Member

I got a prompt to verify my phone number but it doesn’t send a code or call. I keep on resending and trying my second number hoping to figure out how to get the precious numbers and alas I got locked out. Please help me.

Thank you for reaching out to us, Nyla.

I've escalated your account information to our support team. One of our agents will reach out to you directly to assist you with your phone verification process.

~ Bojan
Upwork

No one reached out yet, it’s been days. Can someone help me?

Hi Nyla, 

It looks like you have an open ticket already (Ticket #26603675) and the team is yet to get back to you on the same ticket thread. I will go ahead and follow up with the team handling your issue so that they can assist you further. 

As a gentle reminder, please refrain from opening new tickets of the same issue so that the team handling your case can assist you more efficiently. 

~ Avery
Upwork
gosia-rees
Community Member

Hi,

I created an Upwork account, but when I got to phone number page and entered my phone number the message I keep getting is: "This number is being used by another account".

It's my phone number so how do I deal with that?

Thanks!

Gosia

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Gosia,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you directly to assist you with your phone verification process.

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork

Thank you!
Pls feel free to call me on **Edited for community guidelines**

Thanks and regards,
Gosia

joshuahowardnyc
Community Member

Hello, 

I am trying to verify my phone number after creating an account. Unfortunately, it is failing. I have tried resending it and entering the number again etc -- nothing works.

Thank you in advance for your help!

alanmorton
Community Member

I verified my phone number bit now on my profile the phone number says verified but keeps asking for code. It won'l let me type a code or ask for a resend and when I click on change number I just go back to the phone number page but no field is enabled except Enter Code. Endless loop!

I hope that they fix this for you soon.

Hi Alan and Joshua,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I've escalated your account information to our support team. One of our agents will reach out to you directly to assist you with your concerns! 

~ Bojan
Upwork

Thank you

valeriia_ch
Community Member

I have not received the verification code! 

Hi Valeriia,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you directly to assist you with your phone verification process.

Thank you for reaching out to us!

~ Bojan
Upwork
julian-tejera
Community Member

**edited for Community Guidelines**, a support member, did not actually walk me through or help me solve my problem. And now that original thread/ticket is closed despite the solution never having been found. I'm trying to sign up for Upwork. Initially I signed up under my art email, but never completed my profile. I started working on it but then hit the problem of my phone number being verified, but then in the very next window after I enter the code that I received it says my number wasn't verified and i need to enter another code. But now the phone box and code box are grayed and I can't change them. So I made a new account with my new business name and email. Same thing. Here are screen shots, again, of what happens. If at all possible I would much rather speak with someone or engage someone directly via chat.

Hi Julian, 

I'm sorry to learn about your experience on Upwork. Since this is a technical issue, I will have to forward you again to the Customer Support Team so that they can assist you further, and escalate this to the other teams to help you resolve this issue. Please expect a member of the team to reach out to you to assist you further.

~ Avery
Upwork

Hi, I can't seem to make the phone number varification to work either. I'm trying to update my account, but once I'm asked to enter my number to varify who I am, the submit button doesn't seem to work and I'm not recieving a text to my phone at all.

Hi John, 

I've shared your account information with the Customer Support Team and they will reach out to you to assist you further with your concern. 

I apologise for the inconvenience this has caused you. 

~ Avery
Upwork
isaacf93
Community Member

I currently live in Puerto Rico, a US territory, and I'm also a US Citizen. I'm trying to create my profile, but I don't have the option to select Puerto Rico or US territory. Is there a specific way I should create my profile, so I can work with Upwork?

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Isaac,

We've updated your Country to Puerto Rico. Feel free to update the rest of your application form and submit it for the review.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
gmack002
Community Member

When I type in my number, the button turns green.  I click on it and nothing happens.  How can I complete my profile if the phone verification button does not work?

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you for reaching out to us, Gilda.

One of our team members will reach out to you directly to assist you with your phone verification process. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
gmack002
Community Member

Thank you.

natdiaz
Community Member

I completed my profile with the final step of verfiying my phone number with the code that was texted to me. When I went to edit my profile, it then started acting funking....not letting me click the green button to proceed or not resending a new code. And when I go to the search for jobs, it says my profile is 65% complete. Can you help me troubleshoot?

Community Member

I have a similar issue, when I try to bid on a proposal I get a message saying: 

Sorry, we were unable to save your application.

We were unable to process your proposal due to missing address information. Add your full address.

However, my address is in my profile and my profile & location are verified. 

natdiaz
Community Member

That's a pain in the behind. Easy resolves too....hopefully Upwork gets on
it asap.
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Puja,

I checked this for you and was not able to replicate the issue you're describing. Could you please clear your cache and cookies or log in with another browser to check if you`re still experiencing the same issue?

Let us know if the issue persists.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you for reaching out to us, Natalie.

~ Bojan
Upwork
sidpoison
Community Member

I'm unable to change the area code for some reason

**Edited for community guidelines**

Well, something seems weird with the number you entered...what do you think it is.

Also, aren't you a little short for a Storm Trooper?  You have to use a a real photo or you are going to get banned.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Sid,

Please note that your profile must represent you as an individual and that all the information in your profile including your profile photo needs to be accurate, truthful and verifiable. 

Please check this help article for more information on how to update your profile photo.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
elder_kaci
Community Member

I am creating a freelance profile, but cannot verify my account via text, as I'm traveling in Vietnam and w/o cell phone access at the moment. Can I verify my identity through email or another means?

Hi Kaci,

I shared your concern with the team and one of our team members will reach out to you directly via support ticket to assist you further in completing the verification process. Thanks!

~ Joanne
Upwork
asanov_nursultan
Community Member

Hello everyone. I recently registered on UpWork. I have a problem with my phone number verification. I've verified my phone number once, but it didn't work. Now I have this: Screen Shot 2019-09-29 at 4.42.39 PM.jpg

Then when I push "Go to Enter Code", I get this:Screen Shot 2019-09-29 at 4.43.58 PM.jpg

When I click the "Resend" button, I don't get any message. If I click "Change", I get the same result as on the first image.

Hi Nursultan, 

I will go ahead and share your account information with the Customer Support Team so that they can get back to you and assist you further.

~ Avery
Upwork
conceptsbymary
Community Member

I am in the midst of completing my profile. Upwork has asked me to verify my phone number. Upwork states that my phone number is in use already. I have no other accounts. Please assist in verifying my phone number.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths