🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Phone Verification Failure
Page options
danielle_kress
Community Member

I didn't receive a text message verification code

**Edited to Update - this thread has been closed from further replies due to its size.**

I pushed the verify phone number button and have yet to receive my verication code. Will someone from the admin team please contact me. 

2,981 REPLIES 2,981

Hi Mary,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly to assist you with your phone verification process. 

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
rid_arr
Community Member

I can’t receive activation code from my celluler message to veryfication my phone number at upwork. At the time i resend the code for 2nd times, upwork say can’t procsess, please Contact support team. I have been send request ticket to the upwork team support five hours ago for this problem, until now there was no answer from the support team.

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Ridwan, 

I can see that you already have an open ticket regarding your issue. I have followed up with the team so that they can get back to you and assist you through your open ticket. 

~ Avery
Upwork
uniformly
Community Member

I am stuck on the phone verifcation page and it will not send me a code. 

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Andrea, 

I checked your account and can see that you already have an open ticket regarding this issue, and the team is investigating this further. If they have more information, they will update you on the same ticket thread. Feel free to follow up on your support ticket if you have questions, or have more information you with to share with the team. 

~ Avery
Upwork
genequito
Community Member

I am trying to make a new Upwork account since my previous account kept leading me to an error screen. I am setting up my profile but can't get past phone number verification since I am using the same number as I was on the other account and am getting the message:

"This number is being used by another account. Please provide a different number."

It is the only number that I currently have and I really want to make an account so any help with this would be appreciated. 

Creating multiple accounts is a violation of Upwork ToS.

You will need to work with Customer Service to eliminate the second or other additional accounts, and use only the first account that you created.

I agree, customer service actually deleted my previous account (I was able to start a new one again with the same email). Just a bit confused as to why they wouldn't let me do the same with my phone number. 

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Genesis,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you directly to assist you with your phone verification process.

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
sabrinamc
Community Member

Good day,

I was abroad without my cell phone service when I first attempted to sign up for upwork.  When I got to verifying my cell phone, it sent me the text, which I obviously didn't get because I was on a trip abroad.

Now, back in the states, it tells me:

You failed to verify this phone number. Please provide a different number.

I don't have another phone number so I was hoping someone could assist me with resetting this so I can verify my phone number.

Thank you!

-Sabrina

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you for reaching out to us, Sabrina.

I've escalated your account information to our support team. One of our agents will reach out to you directly to assist you with your phone verification process.

~ Bojan
Upwork
alisonn71
Community Member

I haven't received the text to verify my phone number.  I am unable to go further in saving my new profile.

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Alison, 

I'm sorry for the inconvenience this has caused you. Please expect a member of the Customer Support Team to reach out to you through an email to assist you with your concern. 

~ Avery
Upwork
dean-robertazzi
Community Member

I'm having the exact same issue and I used a different browser. Can someone from customer support please contact me? Thank you.

Thank you for reaching out to us, Dean.

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via support ticket to assist you with this concern!

~ Bojan
Upwork
franklin-georgia
Community Member

It keeps asking to verify my phone number to submit a proposal, but no code is sent to my phone. Any help? Thanks!

Thank you for reaching out to us, Georgia.

I've escalated your account information to our support team. One of our agents will reach out to you directly to assist you with your phone verification process.

~ Bojan
Upwork
mjoshi93
Community Member

I'm trying to verify my phone number but it says it's already being used by another other account/user, I haven't got any other accounts, please help! 

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Miran,

Could you please click on my name and send me a PM with more information about the issue you're experiencing. I'll check that for you and assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
alisonn71
Community Member

I tried the phone verification the other day, and never received the text.
I need to know when someone is going to actually call me and the number
that you will be calling from. I'm not always available to answer my phone.
So I need to set up an actual time for the call.
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you for reaching out to us, Alison.

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via email to assist you with your phone verification process. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
beckynelson13
Community Member

After creating my Profile, I entered my phone number in order to receive a verification code. When I select the "Verify Phone Number", nothing happens. I have tried deleting history, restarting, trying different browsers...nothing seems to help. Will someone from the support team please contact me and correct this?

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Rebecca,

Thanks for reaching out to us. Please update your phone number to include the country code as well. For more information, please check out this help article.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

I received an email on Oct 4, 2019 indicating the below message, however nobody has reached out to me with a support ticket. And yes I have checked my junk folder. And FYI including a country code in the phone number hasn't resolved the issue.

Thanks for reaching out to us. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. Please note that a copy of the ticket will arrive in your email as well from where you can continue the correspondence with our team.

Hi Rebecca,

I`m sorry about the delay with this. Our team is reaching out to you as we speak and will assist you further directly via ticket/email. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
danmckenzie
Community Member

On the online application, the button 'Verify Phone Number' on the 'Set a security phone number' doesn't seem to be working in either Chrome or Safari.

Hi Dan,

Thanks for reaching out to us. I'm sorry for the inconvenience this has caused you. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further with phone verification.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
tannercheek
Community Member

I live in the UK but I have a US phone number. When creating a profile and entering a phone number for verification, the site automatically adds +44 in front of my phone number and I can't change it.

I also can't temporarily change my country so that I can verify my number either. 

Consider adding the ability to change the country code on the registration form for phone numbers.

Hi Tanner,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further with verifying your phone number. Please note that a copy of the ticket will arrive in your email as well from where you can continue the correspondence with our team.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
edward_hackett
Community Member

I have a cell phone from outside the country and it's not receiving the verification text from Upwork. How can I get around this?

Edward H wrote:

I have a cell phone from outside the country and it's not receiving the verification text from Upwork. How can I get around this?

Set your location to your real country.

Hi Petra,

I'm in the US and I've got myself set up in the US, but the phone # itself is from Poland. When I tried to change over to my old address Poland, it just told me that it can't find my location.

Edward H wrote:

Hi Petra,

I'm in the US and I've got myself set up in the US, but the phone # itself is from Poland. When I tried to change over to my old address Poland, it just told me that it can't find my location.

Edward, if you live in the US, would it not make sense to have a US phone number?

Hi Edward,

One of our team members reached out to you to assist directly in verifying your phone number. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork
jlatchman324
Community Member

My phone number says it cannot be verified saying it is being used by another account but this can't be correct because this is my first time creating an account.

Hi Jen,

Thanks for reaching out to us. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. Please note that a copy of the ticket will arrive in your email as well from where you can continue the correspondence with our team.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
rpolizzi1
Community Member

I cannot verify my phone number. button does not seem to work. I add my phone number and nothing happens when I click on verify button

Hi Rita,

I'm sorry about the inconvenience this has caused you. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. Please note that a copy of the ticket will arrive in your email as well from where you can continue the correspondence with our team.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
ashleighdakin
Community Member

Hi! It says a different account is connected to my phone number even though I don't remember making another account? Could you unattach the number?

Hi Ashleigh, 

A member of the Customer Support Team will reach out to you to assist you with your concern. I apologise for the inconvenience this has caused.

~ Avery
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths