cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Account verification

Highlighted
Dan M Member Since: Oct 5, 2019
1351 of 2,460

On the online application, the button 'Verify Phone Number' on the 'Set a security phone number' doesn't seem to be working in either Chrome or Safari.

Highlighted
Aleksandar D Moderator Member Since: Mar 23, 2019
1352 of 2,460

Hi Dan,

Thanks for reaching out to us. I'm sorry for the inconvenience this has caused you. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further with phone verification.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Untitled
Highlighted
Tanner C Member Since: Oct 5, 2019
1353 of 2,460

I live in the UK but I have a US phone number. When creating a profile and entering a phone number for verification, the site automatically adds +44 in front of my phone number and I can't change it.

I also can't temporarily change my country so that I can verify my number either. 

Consider adding the ability to change the country code on the registration form for phone numbers.

Highlighted
Aleksandar D Moderator Member Since: Mar 23, 2019
1354 of 2,460

Hi Tanner,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further with verifying your phone number. Please note that a copy of the ticket will arrive in your email as well from where you can continue the correspondence with our team.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Untitled
Highlighted
Edward H Member Since: Oct 5, 2019
1355 of 2,460

I have a cell phone from outside the country and it's not receiving the verification text from Upwork. How can I get around this?

Highlighted
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
1356 of 2,460

Edward H wrote:

I have a cell phone from outside the country and it's not receiving the verification text from Upwork. How can I get around this?

Set your location to your real country.

Highlighted
Edward H Member Since: Oct 5, 2019
1357 of 2,460

Hi Petra,

I'm in the US and I've got myself set up in the US, but the phone # itself is from Poland. When I tried to change over to my old address Poland, it just told me that it can't find my location.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
1358 of 2,460

Edward H wrote:

Hi Petra,

I'm in the US and I've got myself set up in the US, but the phone # itself is from Poland. When I tried to change over to my old address Poland, it just told me that it can't find my location.

Edward, if you live in the US, would it not make sense to have a US phone number?

Highlighted
Joanne Marie P Moderator Member Since: Nov 26, 2017
1359 of 2,460

Hi Edward,

One of our team members reached out to you to assist directly in verifying your phone number. Thank you!

-Joanne
Untitled
Highlighted
Jen L Member Since: Oct 5, 2019
1360 of 2,460

My phone number says it cannot be verified saying it is being used by another account but this can't be correct because this is my first time creating an account.

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS