🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: Verify Phone Number button not working
Page options
danielle_kress
Community Member

I didn't receive a text message verification code

**Edited to Update - this thread has been closed from further replies due to its size.**

I pushed the verify phone number button and have yet to receive my verication code. Will someone from the admin team please contact me. 

2,981 REPLIES 2,981

Thank you!
mcewen-sharkey
Community Member

I am having the same problem. Tried Chrome, Safari and also the mobile app. When I push "Verify Phone Number" nothing happens.

Thank you for reaching out to us, Sharkey.

One of our team members will reach out to you directly to assist you with your phone verification process. 

~ Bojan
Upwork

Okay, thank you!
eric_krueger
Community Member

I am trying to finish my profile, but the Verify Phone Number button is not doing anything. I have tried in three different browsers (Safari, Firefox, Chrome - all up to date) and have also tried clearing the cache, cookies, etc. Hasn't helped. 

Thank you for reaching out to us, Eric.

I've escalated your account information to our support team. One of our agents will reach out to you directly to assist you with your phone verification process.

~ Bojan
Upwork

Ok, thanks.

dariabarkai
Community Member

I am trying to update my profile. When I click "next" and enter my phone number for verification, nothing happens. I click the green "Verify Phone Number", but no action registers, and I am not receiving any message to my phone. I have tried on both Safari and Chrome.

**Edited for community guidelines**

Hi Daria,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you directly to assist you with your phone verification process.

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
carolay1
Community Member

Hi,

I too need someone to assist with the phone verification. I have tried many times over many days with the correct phone number, but I never receive a text. I did a request a couple of weeks ago, but there's no clear way to go back to it. It was Request #26593657. Can you help please?

Thanks,

Caro

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you for reaching out to us, Carolay.

One of our team members will reach out to you directly to assist you with your phone verification process. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
matildadigital
Community Member

I'm trying to complete my profile for my Upwork account. To do this, I need to add my phone number. When I attempt to add it, I receive a message saying my phone number is already in use with another account. I tried to log in to Upwork with the e-mail address of an old account to see if it was attached to it. Unfortunately, Upwork can't find an account for the e-mail address of the old account.

Is there anyone who can help? My phone number is attached to an e-mail address that has no account according to Upwork. I don't know how to move forward.

Hi Matilda,

Could you please click on my name and send me a PM with more information about your old account. I'll check that for you and assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
nazar_timofeyev
Community Member

I'd like to compelte the registration just to remove my old profile draft, and free up my email to create a new profile, so if you could delete my profile right away that'd be great. Thanks 

Hi Nazariy,

Please be reminded that Upwork does not allow users to have multiple accounts. The email address that is associated with one account cannot be associated with another account. We'll have one of our agents reach out to you directly to assist you with your phone verification process.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork

I am not trying to have two accounts! I'm asking you to remove this
UNFINISHED account, so that I can create a proper one from scratch.
scottjerger
Community Member

Hello, 

I'm new and when I click on the text my phone nothing happens.

Thanks,

Scott

Hi Scott, 

A member of the Customer Support Team will reach out to you to assist you further with your concern.

~ Avery
Upwork
metalmanjake
Community Member

I DIDNT RECIEVE THE TEXT MESSAGE VERIFICATION CODE TO COMPLETE MY PROFILE...THE PHONE # IS CORRECT BUT NO MESSAGE.

Hi Jake, 

I apologise for the inconvenience. Let me just check this with the team, and I'll come back here with an update about your concern. Thank you for your patience!

~ Avery
Upwork
verdisra
Community Member

I am also not getting the verification code
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Robert, 

I'm sorry for the inconvenience. I'll go ahead and look into this, and will update this post once I have more information. 

~ Avery
Upwork
mcreavy-michelle
Community Member

I am trying to create my profile but I cannot get my phone number to verify and move onto the next step.  I have put it incorrectly.

Hi Michelle,

Thanks for letting us know. An agent will reach out to you directly and assist with your phone verification.

~ Valeria
Upwork

My Number will not go through during the phone verification. Its fully in service and I use that number regularly but when I click enter or verify, nothing happens?

Hi Erick,

Thanks for reaching out to us. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

I have the same problem

Hi Elyes,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further with phone verification.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

nobody ever contacted me 😞

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

I apologize for the delay in receiving an update, Elyes.

I'll go ahead and follow up with the team handling your case and you can expect one of our agents to reach out to you directly as soon as possible.

Thank you for your patience.

~ Bojan
Upwork
796854c1
Community Member

Hello - I'm also having issues receiving a phone verification code to complete my profile. Can you help?

Hi Randa,

I shared your concern with the rest of our team and one of our agents will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

can you help me to please? I have the same issue, "Not receiving verification Text Message"! thanks

Hi Paul,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via email to assist you further.

~ Nikola
Upwork
artmiker
Community Member

I am having the same problem. Text verification is not functioning. I tried both mobile and desktop but it just doesnt send out text verification. 

The last successul text verification was August  7

Hi Miker,

I’ve shared your concern with the team. One of our team members will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork
pyros5
Community Member

Hi I am not receving any confirmation code please fix this

Hi Eric,

I checked and can see you were able to contact someone from our team to help you with your verification. Please let us know here if the issue persists. Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork

Hi there,

I didn`t get the mobile verificatioin code.

Hi Gobindo,

Someone from our team will reach out to you via support ticket in order to assist you. You'll be able to access your ticket here.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths