🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: Phone number verification problem.
Page options
danielle_kress
Community Member

I didn't receive a text message verification code

**Edited to Update - this thread has been closed from further replies due to its size.**

I pushed the verify phone number button and have yet to receive my verication code. Will someone from the admin team please contact me. 

2,981 REPLIES 2,981
sarahnotley
Community Member

Hello!

I'm attempting to publish my profile, but I'm stuck on the phone verification page due to some conflicting error messages. I put in my phone number, put in the code, and it said the phone number is verified. 

**Edited for community guidelines**

But when I tried to go past the verification to publish, it's now telling me the phone number is not verified (even though the little verified check is there when I go back). It also won't resend the code, and the phone number and code fields remain greyed out so I can't change it/input anything

**Edited for community guidelines**

If an agent could please assist me in fixing this verification issue and publishing my profile, it would be much appreciated!

Thank you,

Sarah

Hi Sarah,

Thank you for reaching out to us! One of our agents will reach out to you directly and assist you with this concern.

~ Bojan
Upwork
jdesign26
Community Member

I am trying to submit my application for freelancing but got stuck on the phone number verification step. It is giving me an error message saying "this phone number is already in use, please verify another number". This is my only phone number and I have not already registered an account with UpWork so not sure how my number is already in use. I don't know how to proceed...

Thanks for your help!

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Jessica, 

I apologise for the inconvenience. A member of the Customer Support Team will reach out to you directly to assist you further with your concern. 

~ Avery
Upwork
sheyumar
Community Member

I never received a verification code and the phone number input field is locked in so I can't change that either.

Since you mentioned the phone number input section is blocked. Now you cannot add another number for verification. In this case, the best solution is to contact Upwork support.

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Shey, 

I'm sorry for the inconvenience. I have shared your concern and account information with the Customer Support Team, and they will reach out to you to assist you with your concern. 

~ Avery
Upwork
alexb2785
Community Member

Good afternoon,

I'm trying to finish my profile on Upwork and having difficulty getting past the phone number verification. The "Phone Number" screen has a green checkmark and says, "Verified," however when I proceed to the "Go to Enter Code" page, I see an error message saying "You failed to verify this phone number. Please provide a different number."

When I click resend code, nothing happens.  I live in the United States and my mobile number is legitimate, please help!! Thank you!

-Alex

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Alexandra,

We apologize for the inconvenience this caused to you. This is a known issue and our engineers are looking into it. Our team will keep you updated regarding this issue directly via your existing support ticket.

We appreciate your patience while our team is working on fixing this issue.

~ Bojan
Upwork
l_zielinski
Community Member

Hello! I'm new and trying to set up my profile and the phone verification isn't working, so I'm stuck at that screen. Any suggestions? Thanks so much!

I'm having the same Issue. Did you ever get any assistance in dealing with this?

Nothing yet. I've seen other threads were people were told to try different browsers, erase the number, try again. I tried all that with no luck.

Hi Laura and David,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I've escalated your account information to our support team. One of our agents will reach out to you directly to assist you with your phone verification processes.

~ Bojan
Upwork
zoob30
Community Member

Hi I am having the same issue. Thank you for your time and attention
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Bjorn,

Thank you for reaching out to us. One of our agents will reach out to you directly to assist you with your phone verification process.

~ Bojan
Upwork
adam_gudgel
Community Member

I've just finished creating my freelancer profile, however, I'm not getting a text message verification code to complete it. If someone could help me sort this out that would be awesome!

try gamil to create your account. that always the best option.

Did you submit your profile that finished?

Thanks.

Yeah when I clicked submit, the phone number verification popped up, and I'm just not getting a text message from them with the code I need

Hi Adam, 

I'll go ahead and share your account information with the Customer Support Team so that they can reach out to you and assist you with your concern. 

~ Avery
Upwork
cloud1012005
Community Member

Hello, I'm new here and I am currently experiencing some type of problem when it comes to verifying my phone number. It keeps telling me that it sent me my verification code via text but it's never arrived; is there anyway to fix this issue? I'm not sure what the problem is.

Hi Kenneth, 

A member of the Customer Support Team will reach out to you to assist you with your concern. I apologise for the inconvenience this has caused.

~ Avery
Upwork
shanise_w
Community Member

Hello. I’ve tried on the app, mobile, and desktop website and I am still not receiving a code to my phone.

I had the same problem.
You need to call them on the phone and they will resolve this for you.

Ok thank you. Would you happen to have the number?

Hi,

I had actually submitted a support request somehow at their website,
and they wrote me an email and asked me for my phone number,
and then they called me and we straightened it out.

**edited for Community Guidelines**

I think if you call them, you'll get it sorted out.

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Shanise, 

A member of the Customer Support Team will reach out to you directly through an email to assist you further with your concern. 

~ Avery
Upwork
farhan_ffrdm
Community Member

Hi,

I'm currently in the UK but I have a Canadian phone number. Whenever, I try to verify my phone number, it wouldn't change from UK number. Can anybody help me?

Thank you

Hi Farhan,

I'm sorry for the inconvenience this has caused you. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
mattrowl
Community Member

Hello,

I hope you are well.

I made an account some time ago using my phone number, but cannot remember which email I used so therefore need to make a new account, nonetheless I am unable to do so as i cannot use my phone number. Can you kindly advise what I can do?

Many thanks in advance,

Mathew

Contact customer support.

Ahmad S.
mattrowl
Community Member

Hello,

I hope you are well.

I made an account some time ago using my phone number, but cannot remember which email I used so therefore need to make a new account, nonetheless I am unable to do so as i cannot use my phone number. Can you kindly advise what I can do?

Many thanks in advance,

Mathew

Hi Mathew,

I checked your account and see that you already reached out to our team about your concern with the phone verification process. One of our team members will update your ticket to assist you directly. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork
jborch
Community Member

I had previously created an account using my phone number.  I am now trying to create a new account, but can't because that phone number is already in use by the other.  I've just closed the original account, but am still receiving the below message - can you assist?

"This number is being used by another account. Please provide a different number."

Thanks

petra_r
Community Member

Jessica W wrote:

I had previously created an account using my phone number.  I am now trying to create a new account,

Why?

Jessica W wrote:

I I've just closed the original account, but am still receiving the below message - can you assist?

"This number is being used by another account. Please provide a different number."

You are not allowed to have a new account. You'll have to close the new one and ask Upwork to recover the old one.

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Jessica, 

As Petra has noted, please know that users are not allowed to have more than one account on Upwork regardless of the old account being closed. I will go ahead and look into your account issue, and get back to you once I have more information. 

ETA: Hi Jessica, the team will reach out to you with more information about your account. 

~ Avery
Upwork
jborch
Community Member

Any news on my account? My former account was under **Edited for community guidelines**

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Jessica,

I apologize for the delay in receiving an update. I'll go ahead and follow up with the team handling your case and you can expect one of our agents to reach out to you directly as soon as possible.

Thank you for your patience.

~ Bojan
Upwork
trever-krueger
Community Member

I am also having this problem

Thank you for reaching out to us, Trever!

Looks like you were able to successfully verify your phone number. Feel free to follow up if you still need any assistance, we're here to help! 

~ Bojan
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths