🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: I can't verify my phone number .
Page options
danielle_kress
Community Member

I didn't receive a text message verification code

**Edited to Update - this thread has been closed from further replies due to its size.**

I pushed the verify phone number button and have yet to receive my verication code. Will someone from the admin team please contact me. 

2,981 REPLIES 2,981

Hi Nina!

I am also having that problem, can someone please contact me as well about verifying my account?  I have been trying for a few days as well and there has not been any progress.

Thank you!

eman-shaltout
Community Member

Hello Dears, 

I am new freelancer .I am realy can't know when i can verify my phone number .I enterde it but there is no code send  to me to verify it . please I need to verify it because this important to clients untill i can verify my payment method .please , could you help me My profile is 100% completed but I don't know why it isn't verified . My account appear for customer without verified number  and I can't get any job as here 

https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/~016d32114a5a39b802?viewMode=1

Thank you in advance . 

Hi Eman,

It doesn't look like phone verification is currently required for your account. You'll be notified if it's necessary but at this point you can continue working on Upwork as usual.

~ Valeria
Upwork

Thank you so much for quick replay .

Hi Valeria,

I just registered, it follows with "Next, you'll be asked to verify your phone number for added security."

When I get there, I enter my number, the field is green to click, but nothing happens, and I can't move on.

Any advice?

Tracy

Hi Tracy,

Could you please try using a different browser to enter your phone number and submit it? You should receive a text message with a verification code.

~ Valeria
Upwork

Thanks, valeria!

Chrome is liked better by Upwork than Firefox...

Best,

Tracy

Hi,

I tried using several web browers and app as well, but nothing seems to work for me. Can you please help?

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Yoni,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you directly to assist you with your phone verification process.

Thank you for reaching out to us!

~ Bojan
Upwork
jonath23
Community Member

Looking forward, thank you for quick reply

Hello. I am having this same issue. I use Chrome, but have also tried Safari, Firefox, and Epic with no luck. When I click the green Verify button, nothing happens. Please advise. Thanks you!

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Kelsy,

We'll have one of our team members reach out to you directly and assist you further regarding your phone verification process, thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
wckubik
Community Member

I am having the same issue. I've used Chrome, Firefox, and Explorer. No luck.

g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Whitney,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket and assist you further with verifying your phone, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
jonath23
Community Member

Hi ,

I'm having the exact same issue, can you please help me?

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Kelsy, 

Please refer to this ticket that was sent to you on 1-November. You may follow up with the team on the same ticket thread so that the Customer Support Team can assist you further.

~ Avery
Upwork

I have a similar problem but I am still in the application process to become a freelancer on upwork.com so I can't get past the telephone verification step. I have checked my cell phone number and had the site send me a text multiple times but nothing has come through to my phone.

Hello Dave,

I have escalated your concern. One of our representatives will reach out to you shortly. Thank you!

Untitled

I'm having the same issue. I've waited a while and the verification text hasn't been sent to my phone.

Edit: the verification text finally sent!

I completed the create my profile, but it won't take my phone number...it keeps saying it must be 6 digits exactly.

Hi Jeremy,

Could you please make sure your phone number is in the following format - 1 (234) 5678910? If you still get an error, please, let us know.

~ Valeria
Upwork

I'm having this same issue. Both in chrome and Firfox nothing happens when I click "Verify Phone Number"

Hello! I am having the same issue as some of the others. Still stuck in the application process because I entered in the wrong phone number in the beginning and cannot change it. The number to verify is incorrect and I cannot change it or the country code, it will not allow me to. It is impossible to speak to someone about this. How can I go back to change my phone number?

Hi Candace, 

Based on the address you add on your account, the area code automatically populates on the mobile number field. Are you using a different mobile number for your account? 

~ Avery
Upwork

Yes, I am using an international format phone number. I assumed that might be the case so I tried to delete all and start over. But I can not even do that until my account has been verified. 

Hi Candace, 

I forwarded your account details to the Customer Support Team and they will get in touch with you to assist you further.

~ Avery
Upwork

Hi there Avery,

I'm having the same issues as those above. I tried clearing all cache and cookies, switching browsers, restarting browsers, etc. 

Please help.

Thank you,

Ryan

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Ryan,

One of our team members will reach out to you shortly and assist you further, thank you for reaching out to us!

~ Bojan
Upwork
jmterry
Community Member

Hello, I am having the same issue as others where my phone number cant be changed to get the verification code texted to me. Please Help. I am stuck in the account profile set up and just need to get my phone verified.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Jeffrey,

Thank you for reaching out to us, one of our team members will reach out to you directly and assist you further!

~ Bojan
Upwork
rhimade
Community Member

Hi, I'm having the same issue when  trying to set up my profile:

I get to "Next, you'll be asked to verify your phone number for added security" 

I hit continue, enter my phone number,  then hit the green  "verify phone number" button but nothing happens and I have not received a text. 

I've tried different browsers (Chrome and Safari) as well as through the app on my iphone but nothing happens after hitting "verify phone number" button.  

Please help so I can finish profile set up. 

Thanks.

g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Rhiannon,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket and assist you further with your phone verification, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

I'm in the process of creating my Upwork Profile and am having an issue with verifying my phone number. When I get to the point where I need to verify my phone number, I get the following error message: "You failed to verify this phone number. Please provide a different number." When I try to input a different number, it automatically defaults to the original phone number. Please help! 

Hi Krystle,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket and assist you further on how to verify your phone number. If further help is needed from me here, let me know. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Thanks so much!

##- Please type your reply above this line
608d561e
Community Member

As the title states, I use my phone number to verify my account and the code is never texted to me. 

I've tried another phone number, resetting my browser, using another browser, and nothing works.

I will likely need some tech support to override this block so I can finally get my page approved.

Thank you!

Devin

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Devin,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you and assist you with your verification process. Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
kelsymay
Community Member

Hi! I am having the same issue. I've tried clearing my browsers but it seems like I cant even click the green button, let alone get a text message. Please advise. Thanks!

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Kelsy, 

A member of the Customer Support Team reached out to you to assist you further.

~ Avery
Upwork
mguirg
Community Member

Hello! I am having the same issue as many others here. I am in the application process and when I input my phone number for verification nothing happens and the button doesn't register anything. Please advise!
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths