🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: Phone verification not working
Page options
danielle_kress
Community Member

I didn't receive a text message verification code

**Edited to Update - this thread has been closed from further replies due to its size.**

I pushed the verify phone number button and have yet to receive my verication code. Will someone from the admin team please contact me. 

2,981 REPLIES 2,981

Hi all,

I'm currently trying to verify my phone number but no text seems to be coming through. Have tried different permutations (+44 7.. vs +44 07..) but no luck so far! Could I have some help with this?

Thanks in advance.

Hi Leo,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with your verification. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Thanks Goran, I look forward to hearing from them.

tjimenez1819
Community Member

I'm not getting the verification code sent to my phone # - I've tried a different browser, cleared cookies, and no difference was made. Can someone contact me?

Hi Thanya,

One of our agents will reach out to you directly to assist you with your phone verification process.

Thank you! 

~ Bojan
Upwork
daveyjonsies
Community Member

I am also experiencing this issue. I never received a text message.

Hi Rachel, 

A member of the Customer Support Team will reach out to you to assist you further with your phone verification. 

~ Avery
Upwork
upworkbre
Community Member

Hi,

I’m trying to complete my profile but I’m stuck on the phone verification step. When I click submit my number nothing happens. I’ve tried on my phone and PC as well and the same thing keeps happening.
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you for reaching out to us, Breanna.

One of our team members will reach out to you directly to assist you with your phone verification process. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
mkiddie
Community Member

My phone number is being used by another account. I've logged in and created an upwork profile before, but I cannot figure out the username. How can I either 1) Figure out my old username and login. or 2) Create a new user profile with my cell phone #.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Melissa,

Please be reminded that Upwork does not allow users to have multiple accounts. Please click on my name and send me a PM with more information about your old account. I'll check that for you and assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
a_alcover
Community Member

Hi there,
I am trying to complete my profile and I cannot because it says my cell phone number is associated with another account. How can we fix this?

Hi Aida,

Thanks for reaching out to us. It seems that you have another account. Could you please send me a PM with the username and email address of your other account so that I check and assist you further?

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

I am trying to complete the profile set up, but when I enter a phone number for text verfication nothing happens.  Can someone contact me to help get his completed?

Hi Matt,

Thanks for reaching out to us. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. Please note that a copy of the ticket will arrive in your email as well from where you can continue the correspondence with our team.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
m_malsberry
Community Member

I have tried for 3 days to verify my phone but i will not recieve the code for some reason.  Any help with this issue?

Thank you for reaching out to us, Mike.

One of our team members will reach out to you directly to assist you with your phone verification process. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
jeremiah-church
Community Member

Hi,

My personal phone number is in use by my past companies account - I haven't been able to get a hold of any of my previous colleagues to switch that phone number out.

I'm receiving the error: " This number is being used by another account. Please provide a different number." durring the onboarding workflow.

Any help is much appreciated.

Thank you for reaching out to us, Jeremiah.

I've escalated your account information to our support team. One of our agents will reach out to you directly to assist you with your phone verification process.

~ Bojan
Upwork
sumo092076
Community Member

Dear Concern,

Good day. when i try to submit a proposal, attached error message shown. Please help me.

**Edited for community guidelines**

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you for reaching out to us, Minhaj Ahmed.

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you with this concern. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
c_mccook
Community Member

this is so sad.

If one of the team could assist i'd be real pleased.

Cheers

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Christopher,

Thank you! 

~ Bojan
Upwork
uysalserkan
Community Member

I am trying to verify myself but I am unable to send a verification code to my number, I tried many times but now it does not let me send a code anymore

Hi Serkan,

I've escalated your account information to our support team. One of our agents will reach out to you directly to assist you with your phone verification process.

Thank you for reaching out to us!

~ Bojan
Upwork
workinghard19
Community Member

I can’t verify my account as you won’t accept my phone number

Hi Andrea,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you directly to assist you with your phone verification process.

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
malaxtom
Community Member

When I try to activate my phone verification, it says my number is associated with another account. I don't know what account it is referring to. 

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you for reaching out to us, Jonathan.

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hello,

I tried registering my Mobile Number but got the message "You failed to verify this phone number. Please provide a different number."

This was due to the messages not arriving then many arriving at once and I didn't know which code to use.

Pleasd reset this so I can verify my phone number.

Thanks.

Hi Richard,

Thanks for reaching out to us. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further with verification.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
lefk97
Community Member

Hello
Like many other users I haven’t relieved my verification code through text and have tried all suggestions. Please let me know what I can do.
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Lihan,

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork

hello,

I cannot enter a new number as every time I put it my number and press verify it says 

You failed to verify this phone number. Please provide a different number.

and then it switches the number i entered back to my old number. can you please help with this.

Hi Asish, 

I apologise for the inconvenience. I've shared your account information with the Customer Support Team so that they can reach out to you and assist you further with your concern. 

~ Avery
Upwork
maewood2
Community Member

I have also not received a text verification for my phone number. 

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you for reaching out to us, Michelle.

One of our team members will reach out to you directly to assist you with your phone verification process. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
ferrariisabel
Community Member

My phone number is associated with an old closed account.

Help.

Hi Isabel, 

I'll go ahead and share your account information with the Customer Support Team so that they can get in touch with you and assist you further with your concern. 

~ Avery
Upwork
meiravlb
Community Member

When I go to set up my account, I can't click on the button to verify my phone number

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths