🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: I pushed the verify phone number button a...
Page options
danielle_kress
Community Member

I didn't receive a text message verification code

**Edited to Update - this thread has been closed from further replies due to its size.**

I pushed the verify phone number button and have yet to receive my verication code. Will someone from the admin team please contact me. 

2,981 REPLIES 2,981
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Meirav,

Could you please clear your cache and cookies or log in with another browser to check if you`re still experiencing the same issue?

Let us know if the issue persists.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
meiravlb
Community Member

Yes I have done that and it still isn’t working
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Meirav, 

One of our team members will reach out to you directly to assist you with your phone verification process. 

Thank you for your patience. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
harrison-prachyl
Community Member

On the create profile page, when I click the green continue box at the bottom I get a box that pops up asking me to verify my phone number, but when I enter my number and click the green box nothing happens. Tried logging out and back in, Different browser, added country code.

I live in indiana, my phone has a Tx area code

Hi Harrison, 

I have shared your account information with the Customer Support Team so that they can assist you further your phone verification. 

~ Avery
Upwork

Hi, when I try to verify my phone number with upwork, it says my number is being used with another account. I remember creating an account years ago and I don't even think I have access to the old email address I used to create the old profile. I was excited to start on upwork officially and this pump of the brakes is an unnecessary deterent. Please send my info to customer support so I can move on.

smith-veronica
Community Member

Hi. I while creating my profile I was asked to use a cell phone to verify the account. I currently live in the the US so I was only given the +1 prefix, but I still use my French (+33) cell phone. I used my husband's US phone instead, which created a new problem: he then tried to create a profile for himself using that number but cannot, the system tells him that it's being used by another account...

I went into Profile Settings on my account, changed everything I could find to use the French number, and responded to the two-factor text messqge, but the system still won't let him use his US number for his new account.

Hi Veronica, 

A member of the Customer Support Team will reach out to you to assist you with your phone verification.

~ Avery
Upwork
bnapierdesign
Community Member

I didn't receive a text message to my phone number either. I cannot get past the continue step in creating a new profile because of this. I've tried to switch to email verification but I can't seem to get to that screen. Also, the bot (bless its heart) is not terribly helpful. Please send help. Thanks.

Hi Bill, 

I"m sorry for the inconvenience this has caused. I have shared your account with the Customer Support Team, and they will reach out to you directly so that they can assist you further. 

~ Avery
Upwork
nikankwon
Community Member

Hello, I'm at the last step and it seems like my phone number is considered invalid, may I ask for assistance? Thanks!

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Peter, 

Could you please try again on a different browser and let me know if the issue persists?

~ Avery
Upwork
nikankwon
Community Member

I just tried on Mozilla, but no luck, same issue. Do you recommend any other browsers besides the former and chrome? 

Hi Peter,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with your verification. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
esther-reyes
Community Member

Hi I haven't received a Verify your phone number code. Can someone from the Upwork team please reach out?

Thanks

Thank you for reaching out to us, Esther.

One of our team members will reach out to you directly to assist you with your phone verification process. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
knewby_leasie
Community Member

I pushed the verify phone number button and have yet to receive my verication code. It keeps telling me it cannot verify my number now.

Thank you for reaching out to us, Kristin.

I've escalated your account information to our support team. One of our agents will reach out to you directly to assist you with your phone verification process.

~ Bojan
Upwork

Same issue as all the above - I've been waiting for very long to receive my verification text but nothing has come through. Checked my number and resent for the code but no change.

Hi Louise,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you directly and assist you with your phone verification process.

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
jsoar
Community Member

I'm having the same issue as every one else, not recieving a verification message.

Hi J S,

One of our team members will assist you directly via support ticket. The email will be sent out shortly. Thanks!

~ Joanne
Upwork
payvar
Community Member

Hi there,

I am facing your infamous phone number verification issue too. Is there a reason you have not fixed it for the past 4 years while people have been constantly reporting the same issue to you over and over? It is actually disappointing for a technology-oriented company to let a bug reoccur for years.

Anyways, here is the 400 error I get in Chrome. I tried clearing cache, and used other browsers including mobile. No luck. Please advise so I can verify my account and start working.

M250:1 POST https://www.upwork.com/oca/ext/v2/pvs/status/payvar.json 400
(anonymous) @ VM250:1
(anonymous) @ angular-all.min.js:2
d @ angular-all.min.js:2
s @ angular-all.min.js:2
a @ angular-all.min.js:3
(anonymous) @ angular-all.min.js:3
$eval @ angular-all.min.js:3
$digest @ angular-all.min.js:3
$apply @ angular-all.min.js:3
(anonymous) @ angular-all.min.js:5
We @ angular-all.min.js:1
n @ angular-all.min.js:1

Hi Payam, 

One of our team members will reach out to you directly and assist via ticket with completing your phone verification.

~ Joanne
Upwork
kunalv-designs
Community Member

Hi,

I am not able to enable my phone verification.

Showing to me:"You have exceeded the number of send attempts for this phone number. Please add a different number or contact Customer Support for assistance."

Kindly help me on this!

Thanks

Hi Kunal,

One of our team members will reach out and assist you directly in completing the phone verification step. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork
matthewjohnson70
Community Member

I can't seem to put in my phone number on my account I have tried different browsers and its just not working.

Hi Matthew,

Thank you! 

~ Bojan
Upwork
tranb
Community Member

I'm in the process of completing my profile. On the last step I'm asked to verify my phone number. I tried several times but never received a verification code. Please help.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Bao,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you directly to assist you with your phone verification process.

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
b_tassello
Community Member

When I am asked where I would like to receive my verification code and type in my phone number I'm given an error message stating, "This number is being used by another account. Please provide a different number."

I have not connected that phone number to an account in the past, that I'm aware of. I would greatly appreciate assistance with this matter.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you for reaching out to us, Brittany.

I've escalated your account information to our support team. One of our agents will reach out to you directly to assist you with your phone verification processes.

~ Bojan
Upwork
emotiva-kim
Community Member

phone verification is not working - please contact me ASAP

Hi Kim,

Thank you for reaching out to us!

~ Bojan
Upwork
cathymw
Community Member

I want to start responding to proposals, but can't seem to complete my profile because it won't let me verify my telephone number there. I have verified it in my settings, but that's not enough. It keeps rejecting the number saying I've failed to verify it. It won't send me a code. I need help!

Thank you!

Cathy

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you for reaching out to us, Catherine.

I've escalated your account information to our support team. One of our agents will reach out to you directly to assist you with your phone verification process.

~ Bojan
Upwork
cathymw
Community Member

Thank you!
mkrack
Community Member

My phone number I still use is locked into an old service purchasing account I had with a company I am no longer with. The email belongs to the company so I cannot easily do an account with that now, but, my number is stuck in that account and it is not letting me finalize creating a personal account now.

vuphamco
Community Member

Hi, I'm having a similar issue.  I used my personal phone number to verify an account at my previous employer.  Now when I try to create my own personal Upwork account, the system is saying my number is being used by another account.  I've asked my previous employer to remove me from the team in Upwork, but it's still not working.  Can you please help?

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Vu, 

I was unable to locate the account you are referring to. On Upwork, users are only allowed on account. In this case, the other account needs to be closed. If you have the time, please send me a private message with the details of your old account so that I can look into it. 

~ Avery
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths