🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: Personal Phone Number "stuck" in Old Work...
Page options
danielle_kress
Community Member

I didn't receive a text message verification code

**Edited to Update - this thread has been closed from further replies due to its size.**

I pushed the verify phone number button and have yet to receive my verication code. Will someone from the admin team please contact me. 

2,981 REPLIES 2,981

I've been trying to set up an account and I got through all of the steps to set up my profile except the last one. When I tried to enter in my phone number, it says, "This number is being used by another account." I have never set up an Upwork account in the past. How do I fix this? I don't have any other numbers to send a code to. 

Hi Claire, 

I checked and was able to locate another account with a similar name to you. I'm not sure if you may have created this account, but I'll share this with the Customer Support Team so that they can reach out to you and assist you further with your concern. 

~ Avery
Upwork
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Matt, 

I've shared your account information with the Customer Support Team and they will reach out to you to assist you further with your concern. 

~ Avery
Upwork
mkrack
Community Member

Thank you so much!

Hi Team,

my mobile no is not updating it is showing that it is using in another account, so please remove from other account for update in this account.

**edited for Community Guidelines**

Vipin Garg

**edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Vipin, 

I will go ahead and share your concern with the Customer Support Team so that they can get back to you and assist you further.

~ Avery
Upwork
jamescarr54
Community Member

I have not recevied a tet message verification code and cannot find an email address for customer support.

Hi James,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly to assist you with your phone verification process. 

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork

Thanks
michaelyun
Community Member

I'm trying to set up a new profile.  I'm at the phone number verification step.  After entering my phone number I never receive a text message with a 5 digit code.

Hi Michael,

Thanks for reaching out to us. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
kamaushamayah
Community Member

I tried to verify my phone number but it said that my number is being used by another account. I tried my other emails, but I don't have another account. So I think someone else may have my number connected to their account but I don't know what to do about it

Hi Kamau,

One of our team members will reach out and assist you directly vis support ticket. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork
arcyflores
Community Member

Hello! 

I have been attemting to create a freelancing profile but am unable to get my telephone number verified. 

I haven't received a text and can't get to the next page of the initial profile set up. 

Attached is a screenshot of the step I'm stuck in, I've inserted my phone number many times but never received a verification text to proceed with the profile creation process. 

Thank you!

Hi Arcy,

We'll have one of our team members reach out and assist you directly via support ticket, thank you. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
ctelemaque
Community Member

I didn't receive a text message verification code.

I put in my phone number but I did not receive the text message with the code.

Hi Chrisel,

Thanks for reaching out to us. I checked and it seems that you successfully verified your phone number. Let us know if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
gpatkel
Community Member

Same here. Could someone reach out?

Hi Patrick,

One of our agents will reach out and assist you directly via support ticket, thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork
cdpett
Community Member

I seem to be having the same issue, I’ve tried 3 devices and 2 browsers and still can’t get the verification code. Please help

Hi Courtney,

One of our team members will reach out and assist you directly via support ticket, thanks!

~ Joanne
Upwork

I have also not received my verification message after two days of trying

Hi Cody, 

A member of the Customer Support Team will reach out to you to assist you with your concern. I apologise for the inconvenience this has caused you. 

~ Avery
Upwork
babswebsites
Community Member

When I tried to verify my phone number, it said it was being used by another member, but it's my cell phone number, so how do I handle that?

Hi Barbara,

Could you please click on my name and send me a PM with more information about the issue you're experiencing. I'll check that for you and assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
edward-pinkhasov
Community Member

Avery,

Can you help me please?  I can't seem to complete my profile setup.  I get to the part with the phone number, enter my number and nothing happens.  I don't get any texts.  I went to enable phone verification in privacy settings and it told me that too many text were attempted to be set to my number and need to have it reset by customer support.  Can you help me complete my setup please?

Thanks very much.

Thank you for reaching out to us, Edward.

One of our team members will reach out to you directly to assist you with your phone verification process. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
audrey_casadonte
Community Member

Hello,

I am new to Upwork and am trying to create a profile, but it says my number is already in use. However, I have never made another account and only discovered this website today. If I could get some assistance that would be wonderful.

Audrey Casadonte

Thank you for reaching out to us, Audrey.

I've escalated your account information to our support team. One of our agents will reach out to you directly to assist you with your phone verification process.

~ Bojan
Upwork
jacobcameronhill
Community Member

I’ve had this as well! The number is correct 😞

Hi Jacob, 

I have shared your account information with the Customer Support Team so that they can assisg you further. While waiting for an email from them, I would suggest that you try filling in your number in this format - 1234 123456, to see if the issue persists. 

I would also like to suggest that you fill-in your address by typing in the "Start typing your address" field, and choosing your adddress from the options in the drop-down. This should auto-populate all fields of the address section. If the city field does not auto-populate after following the steps above, please type-in your city before submitting your profile for review. 

Screen Shot 2019-11-21 at 10.51.16 AM.png

~ Avery
Upwork

I have tried several times and am not getting the verification code. I have a US number and it is typed in correctly.

Thank you for reaching out to us, Molly.

One of our team members will reach out to you directly to assist you with your phone verification process. 

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hello, I am having the same issue. I’ve retired several times and am not receiving a code. Thanks in advance for your help!

Hi Erika,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you directly to assist you with your phone verification process.

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
danjohnson7471
Community Member

I am receiving this message in trying to get to the next page for Phone Verification:  This number is being used by another account. Please provide a different number. All of my other numbers other than the one I have put in are landlines! What can I do?

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Daniel,

Thanks for reaching out to us. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
wolfcaste
Community Member

I dont have texting right now, how do i complete the verification process?

Have you tried using a free service that provides texting functionality? Such as Google Voice?

I have used that for many authentication and web-based services as a substitute for "true" text messaging.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Joshua,

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths