cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone Verification says "number is in use" but I have never used Upwork

Joanne Marie P Moderator Member Since: Nov 26, 2017
1571 of 1,892

Hi Kristopher,

We'll have one of our team members reach out to you via support ticket and assist you directly with your phone verification. Thank you!

-Joanne
Untitled
Stuart N Member Since: Oct 11, 2019
1572 of 1,892

Ive had terrible trouble completing my profile. It was fine on the first page. I created the profile and hit Continue under the line, "Next, you'll be asked to verify your phone number for added security" which was fine. It then took me to a, "Set a security phone number" pop up box, but when I entered my phone number, however many times I clicked "Verify phone number" it did nothing.

Can somebody help me please?

Thanks in advance, Stuart

Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
1573 of 1,892

Thank you for reaching out to us, Stuart.

One of our team members will reach out to you directly to assist you with your phone verification process. 

~ Bojan
Untitled
Serg N Member Since: Dec 2, 2019
1574 of 1,892
Hi! I could not pass phone number verification, because I do not receive an SMS with code.
Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
1575 of 1,892

Thank you for reaching out to us, Serg.

I've escalated your account information to our support team. One of our agents will reach out to you directly to assist you with your phone verification process.

~ Bojan
Untitled
Zack B Member Since: Dec 3, 2019
1576 of 1,892

Good Evening Everyone,

I am trying to set up my Upwork freelancer profile and I can NOT complete the phone verification step. I try to continue and it never sends the code to my phone. I have tried multiple browsers on my computer, multiple browsers on my phone, the Upwork app, and it never sends the code.

Please let me know what I need to do to get my profile up and running. Thank you.

Very Respectfully,

Zack H. Brady

Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
1577 of 1,892

Hi Zack, 

I'll go ahead and share your account information with the Customer Support Team so that they can reach out to you and assist you further. I apologise for the inconvenience this has caused.

-Avery
Untitled
Highlighted
Virginia U Member Since: Dec 3, 2019
1578 of 1,892

Hi! When I type in my phone number for text verification it is saying it is in use but I have never signed up before! Anyone know how I can get around this?

Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
1579 of 1,892

Hi Ginny, 

I'll go ahead and share your conern with the Customer Support Team so that they can reach out to you and assist you further. 

-Avery
Untitled
Scott S Member Since: Dec 4, 2019
1580 of 1,892

Hello, I'm trying to complete my account and I cannot get a phone number verification code. I enter my number, click the "verify phone number" button and immediately get a warning message that I "Failed to verify phone number." No code sent to my phone. Seems like a website glitch.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS