🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: Create Profile
Page options
danielle_kress
Community Member

I didn't receive a text message verification code

**Edited to Update - this thread has been closed from further replies due to its size.**

I pushed the verify phone number button and have yet to receive my verication code. Will someone from the admin team please contact me. 

2,981 REPLIES 2,981

Hi Dora,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you directly to assist you with your phone verification process.

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
tranb
Community Member

Hi I am in the process to complete my password but not receiving a verification code. Can you help? 

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Bao, 

It looks like the team reached out to you last November about the same issue through this support ticket. Please refer to the ticket thread for more information on how you can resolve your issue.

~ Avery
Upwork
jeddavisjcf
Community Member

I am trying to verify my account and am stuck on entering a phone number to receive a text code. I use an office landline for business, not a cell phone, so can't receive texts. Is there an alternative method?

Thank you for reaching out to us, Jed.

One of our team members will reach out to you directly to assist you with your phone verification process. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
thamper68
Community Member

I created a Client account in error.  Then I proceeded to create a freelancer account without customer support.  Now I cannot use my phone number in the Freelancer account for verification.  Help!

Freelancers may not have multiple acconts.

You will need to work with Upwork Customer Support to close the second login account you created, and any other accounts you created.

You will need to add a "freelancer" aspect within your original login account.

When you use Upwork, you will always use the same username and password to login, regardless of whether you want to operate as a freelancer or client. Once you are logged in, you can switch between your client or freelancer side.

read:

Be a Client and a Freelancer

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Tanja,

Looks like our support team already assisted you with your phone verification process. Feel free to reach back to us if you need any further assistance.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
dand03
Community Member

I did not receive the phone verification text to verify my account. Please advise. I double checked to make sure the number was correct and I have not previously had an account connected with that phone number.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Dan,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you directly to assist you with your phone verification process.

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
dand03
Community Member

I never received a message to verify my phone number, still don't have access to my account. 

Hi Dan,

I'm sorry for the inconvenience this has caused you. One of our team members already reached out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
mainlyai
Community Member

I can't create my profile "Where would you like to receive your verification code?"

This number is being used by another account. Please provide a different number.
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Anthony, 

I'll go ahead and share your account information with the Customer Support Team so that they can reach out to you and assist you further with your concern. 

~ Avery
Upwork
tranb
Community Member

Hello I'm trying to verify my phone number but not receiving a text message. 

I had a ticket open about this but couldn't reply in time and am not able to open a new one.

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Bao, 

Kindly reply to the same ticket thread so that it's reinstated on our end, and the team handling your case can assist you further.

~ Avery
Upwork
tranb
Community Member

I’m not able to reply to the ticket thread because it’s marked as Solved.
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Bao,

I checked your account and I can see that you have a new ticket for this and our team will assist you further as soon as possible. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
mgassett
Community Member

I am trying to sign up as freelancer but when I try to get verification code no text comes through. I have tried different browsers and clearing cache and cookies but nothing seems to be working. 

You can try with a different number. 

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you for reaching out to us, Mike.

One of our team members will reach out to you directly to assist you with your phone verification process. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
angel_moly
Community Member

Hi Nina,

I do have the same issue - verify phone number button is not active. Please let me know how can I resilve the issue. 

Thanks

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you for reaching out to us, Minendra and Angel Moly.

I've escalated your account information to our support team. One of our agents will reach out to you directly to assist you with your phone verification processes.

~ Bojan
Upwork
minendrapatel
Community Member

Hi, 

I am new to the platform and I was setting up my information. I got to the phone number page and the system is telling me that my phone number is being used.

I don't understand how this can happen considering I've never been on the platform. But in the event that someone is using my number, how can I find out what account my number is linked to? 

angel_moly
Community Member

Hi Jo-An,

I do have same issue. I have tried all the methods which you have mentioned here but still the button is not active. Please let me know what can I do to complete my profile. 

Thanks

smolinelli
Community Member

I am not receiving a text verification code to my text messages. Is there any other way to verify my profile so I can start applying for jobs?

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Shannon,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly to assist you with your phone verification process. 

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
dannylandava
Community Member

I'm new in Upwork. I had a Mexican number while I'm living in the USA. Now I've my USA phone number but I can't update to verify. It still inputs my old phone number. 

Hi Daniela, 

A member of the Customer Support Team will reach out to you to assist you with your concern. 

~ Avery
Upwork
tsoper
Community Member

I am unable to verify my phone number. I get a failed to verify this phone number before. I sent a request a while back but did not verify. Now, I am attempting again but it will not let me. That is the only phone number I have.
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you for reaching out to us, Trevor and Nadeem.

I've escalated your account information to our support team. One of our agents will reach out to you directly to assist you with your phone verification processes.

Trevor, please note that your profile must represent you as an individual and that all the information in your profile including your profile photo needs to be accurate, truthful and verifiable. Please check this help article for more information on how to update your profile photo.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
zerogravity97
Community Member

I have the same error. Can you please look into my profile as well. 

mollica-samantha
Community Member

Hello, I have attempted at least 20 times to verify my cell phone number in order to submit my profile for review and I haven’t got the text any of the of the times. Please help me figure out what is causing this issue

Thank you for reaching out to us, Samantha.

I've escalated your account information to our support team. One of our agents will reach out to you directly to assist you with your phone verification process.

~ Bojan
Upwork
alexcook503
Community Member

I'm trying to get started on Upwork, but nothing is coming through on the phone verification while setting up my profile. Can one of the admins override this or reset whatever is going on in the backend?

HI Alexander, 

A member of the Customer Support Team will reach out to you to assist you further with your concern. 

~ Avery
Upwork
teamarie
Community Member

I keep trying to press the button after my phone number is typed in, and it won't press so I can't set up my profile. Judging from another forum post, this seems to be a common problem.

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Eva, 

I apologise for the inconvenience. A member of the Customer Support Team will reach out to you to assist you with your concern. 

~ Avery
Upwork
taylor-reve
Community Member

Tried multiple times but never received sms while creating profile.My number is +1385****275.Please help. https://www.upwork.com/ab/create-profile/introduce-yourself/

Hi Taylor,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly to assist you with your phone verification process. 

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths