🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: Need to Change Phone Number on File
Page options
danielle_kress
Community Member

I didn't receive a text message verification code

**Edited to Update - this thread has been closed from further replies due to its size.**

I pushed the verify phone number button and have yet to receive my verication code. Will someone from the admin team please contact me. 

2,981 REPLIES 2,981
kay_shur
Community Member

How do I change number for number verification. I keep getting verification required and I get past that page?

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Kay, 

A member of the Customer Support Team will reach out to you to assist you further with your concern. 

~ Avery
Upwork
rubyr20
Community Member

Hi!

I'm not receiving the phone verification code to finish uploading my profile.  Could someone send it directly from their phone or connect with me on voice? 

Thank you so much!

Ruby

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Ruby,

Could you please clear your cache and cookies or log in with another browser to check if you`re still experiencing the same issue?

Let us know if the issue persists.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
noackscott
Community Member

Creating a new account, but upon entering my phone number the Verify Phone Number never works. How do I proceed to the next screen?

Hi sir good morning
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Scott, 

I checked your account and can see that this issue is being investigated further through a support ticket. Feel free to update the same ticket thread if you have further questions about your concern. 

~ Avery
Upwork
toyoko
Community Member

Hello! I am having the same issue with verifying my phone number after updating some info on my account. I have logged in on two different browsers, on two different computers, and I have used two different phone numbers each time. I am putting my number in with the area code and without any dashes but not receiving the verification message. 

Thanks!

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Jessica, 

A member of the Customer Support Team will reach out to you to assist you further with your concern.

~ Avery
Upwork
deep_ai
Community Member

please help its asking for phone code but I'm not getting the text from upwork

lysis10
Community Member

oooh boy. What a day in the forum.

So many thoughts here but cannot say.

It seems Upwork no longer accepts internets numbers. Would you say you probably tried to use something like Google Voice? Would that be a close assumption?

deep_ai
Community Member

Thanks. No its my number through a phone plan. 

deep_ai
Community Member

Hi I am still not getting the text and could not open up the support ticket as well. Please help. Thanks.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Deep,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly to assist you with your phone verification process. 

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
deep_ai
Community Member

Thanks.

czaw13
Community Member

Hi everyone,

I'm experiencing difficulty at the end of my Create a Profile page -- when I click to set a security phone number, I type in my phone number and click on the Verify phone number button, however the button does not seem to respond to clicking, aka the button is not working. I have tried various other browsers and have also tried clearing my cookies and cache, all with the same result. I haven't been able to move past this step. Any help?

Thanks all.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Catherine,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you directly to assist you with your phone verification process.

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
matiullahr
Community Member

You have exceeded the number of send attempts for this phone number. Please add a different number. 
but i don't another phone number

Hi Mati,

Thanks for reaching out to us. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
tonyawrites2019
Community Member

Hi - it appears that several months ago when I first attempted to sign up for Upwork, I mistakenly entered a landline number instead of my cell phone number for the phone verification segment. Now I'm trying to enter the correct phone number but I keep getting this error: "You failed to verify this phone number. Please provide a different number" - I am unable to continue completing my profile because of this.

Could someone please help?

Tonya M wrote:

Hi - it appears that several months ago when I first attempted to sign up for Upwork, I mistakenly entered a landline number instead of my cell phone number for the phone verification segment. Now I'm trying to entere the correct phone number but I keep getting this error: "You failed to verify this phone number. Please provide a different number" - I am unable to continue completing my profile because of this.

Could someone please help?

Contact Upwork support. 

Hi Tonya,

Thanks for reaching out to us. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Thank you - very much appreciated!

marinam22
Community Member

I am trying to create my freelancer profile but it is saying that my phone number is already connected to an existing account.

Can someone please help me with this?

Try another phon number

Hi Marina,

I shared your concern with the team, and one of our agents will reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you directly. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork
lori-musa
Community Member

Hi all...

I've been trying to complete my profile, but I'm not receiving the text code to verify my phone number.  Is there something I'm missing?  Please help.

Many thanks!!

Hi Lori,

I'm sorry for the inconvenience this has caused you. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further with verifying your phone number.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
berkoab
Community Member

I am a new user. I am trying to register my profile. It asks me to verify my phone number and I get a message "You failed to verify this phone number. Please provide a different number." I try providing a different number but it always goes back the first number and tells me it can't verify it. I'm stuck.

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Aryeh, 

I have shared your account information with the Customer Support Team so that they can reach out to you and assist you with your phone verification.

~ Avery
Upwork
akephartupw1
Community Member

Very frustrating.  I have been trying to finish up my profile for weeks.  I live in the US and have a US phone number.  The number is correct.  I have never received a text message. I feel like this is something that could be solved easily, but I haven't been able to find a support email address, phone number, or bot utility for addressing this important issue.

Please advise,

Andrew Kephart

Thank you for reaching out to us, Andrew.

One of our team members will reach out to you directly to assist you with your phone verification process. 

~ Bojan
Upwork

It seems like they do this purposefully because they are unwilling to invest in a support system where you can talk to a real human but instead invest in a web design to demotivate users into finding help. Simple questions are unable to be answered because they're tech/silicon valley minds can't comprehend that it requires a human element, bravery, and GOOD UX in order to build a great product. YES, sacrifice the scaling of money-making ventures because in the long run, obsessing over the satisfaction of your customers should be #1 but Upwork is a clear example of what not to do. The customer support system is almost like calling into an American Internet Service Provider.

I too am having the same frustrating issue just like everyone else here. I keep getting this error: 

You failed to verify this phone number. Please provide a different number.

And when I provide a different number, the error repeats. WTF, Upwork? Please, for the love of all that is holy, can I get a human to contact me directly and provide this coveted "TICKET" that you can only seem to get when you participate in the "community". (what a load of crock)

But seriously, please help. This is frustrating and all this bad talk will go away if I can get some assistance.

Hi Anni,

You can find the “Get Help” button at the bottom of every help article and the search results page. You can also get help from our chatbot by clicking the “Chat with Support Bot” button found in the help center. Additionally, you can send us a message on any official Upwork social media pages. You can find the links in the footer area of any Community page.

Regarding your request, one of our team members already reached out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
aly_woods
Community Member

So I started an account at some point and decided to finish opning a new account with different email but now my phone number is all tied up. I can't use verify either account because it says the number is already being used.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Aly,

Please be reminded that Upwork does not allow users to have multiple accounts. Please click on my name and send me a PM with more information about your old account. I'll check that for you and assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
richard-custis
Community Member

Avery O: I am having the same problem as Patty. Can you call me with the verification code - at the number I entered into your system, or email me... Thanks, Richard W.

Hi Richard,

Could you please clear your cache and cookies or log in with another browser to check if you`re still experiencing the same issue?

Let us know if the issue persists.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
rubyf3
Community Member

I am not receiving a text message verification code either, can someone please contact me about this, thanks - Ruby

Hi Ruby,

Thanks for reaching out to us. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths