🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: No Cell, Only Landline
Page options
danielle_kress
Community Member

I didn't receive a text message verification code

**Edited to Update - this thread has been closed from further replies due to its size.**

I pushed the verify phone number button and have yet to receive my verication code. Will someone from the admin team please contact me. 

2,981 REPLIES 2,981
abderra7mane
Community Member

I'm having the same issue here. I didn't receive the text message, and when I try again it results in "number of attempts exceeded". Can you help me resolve the issue

Hi Abderrahmane,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with your verification. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
swainwright
Community Member

I had an old account and accidently created it under a client account. So it sat for awhile. I got married and changed my name so I created a new account. I can't verify my cell number because it's tied to my old account. I went into the old account and closed it yesterday and today it is still saying my cell number is linked to another account. Help!

Hi Stefanie,

Please note that due to our Community settings, new users will need to wait up to 2 hours in order to have the option to send private messages. After your Community rank updates from 'New Forum Member' to 'Active Member', please send me a PM with the username or email address of your old account so that I can check and assist you further with your request.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

**Edited for Community Guidelines** is the email for my old account.

Thank you for your help

Hi Stefanie,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further with verifying your phone.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
k-nette
Community Member

I am trying to verify my phone number for a new Upwork account, but my current phone number is attached to an older account. I recently deleted the older account, but the system still believes that phone number is attached, making me unable to verify this new account with my current phone number. Is there any way to disassociate my phone number from the old account? Thank you!

Hi Kyrie,

Thanks for reaching out to us. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
howard-latanya
Community Member

Hello,

I am new to Upwork and am trying to complete my profile. When I get to the step to verify my phone number through text, I keep getting the "you failed to verify your phone number," even though I have typed in my phone number.  Will someone please assist with this issue?

Thanks

LaTanya

Hi LaTanya,

One of our team members will reach out to you via a support ticket and assist you directly. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork
jonbostonma
Community Member

I'm having the same issue. I have used Chrome and Safari for browsers.

Hi Jonathan,

I'm sorry for the inconvenience this has caused you. One of our team members already reached out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
jonesnicole17
Community Member

Hi Nicole, 

A member of the Customer Support Team will reach out to you to assist you with your concern.

~ Avery
Upwork
uddin-jahir
Community Member

Hi there.

I am new member here.

I just tried to set my phone security several times.

But I didn't any code on my phone.

So I used my second phone, also can not do it.

Now I got the limitation.

Could you help me?

Thanks.

Hi Jahir,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with your phone verification. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi, thanks for your updating me.
I just sent the numbers and screenshot via support forum.
Thank you very much!
vinhnguyen1211
Community Member

I'm trying to enable 2 step verification and my phone number was denied due to unsuccess several time. I only have one phone number.

Please help!

Hi Vinh,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you with your concern. 

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
mjrizo
Community Member

I'm trying to create an account, but it indicates the phone number I want to use for verification is being used by a different account.  I don't have any other accounts I am aware of.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you for reaching out to us, Michael.

One of our team members will reach out to you directly to assist you with your phone verification process. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
jenniemcaz
Community Member

I am not getting a texted verification code to verify my phone number and set up my account

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you for reaching out to us, Jennie.

One of our team members will reach out to you directly to assist you with your phone verification process. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
sam_macdonald
Community Member

I am trying to verify my account but it is saying my phone number is associated with a different account so I can't preceed any further. How can I correct this?

If it says, your account is associated with another account, you or someone has already an account verified by your number. Use a different phone number or try to figure out and log in to the existed account.

Hi Samantha,

One of our agents will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork
lobosusana
Community Member

I don't know what else to do, but for whatever reason, no matter the device, browser, or even clearing cookies and what not, does the button work when it asks for the phone number to send a code. I'm not sure if it's the last step, or if I'm overlooking something, but when I press the button, nothing happens. 

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Susana, 

A member of the Customer Support Team will reach out to you to assist you further with your concern. 

~ Avery
Upwork
designbybonnie
Community Member

I am trying to set up my profile and it aka me to “Set a security phone number” to proceed. However, when I add my number and hit “Verify Phone Number”, nothing happens. I have tried it in Chrome, Explorer and the app.

Hi Bonnie,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you directly to assist you with your phone verification process.

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork

Same issue here... Not receiving any text verification code. Need help!

Thank you for reaching out to us, Michael.

I've escalated your account information to our support team. One of our agents will reach out to you directly to assist you with your phone verification process.

~ Bojan
Upwork
lee49
Community Member

Just like a host of others, I am unable to register my phone number to receive a text while setting up my profile. I enter the number, click on the green button, and absolutely nothing happens.

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Lee, 

A member of the Customer Support Team will reach out to you to assist you further with your concern. 

~ Avery
Upwork
robstudio
Community Member

I have been trying to get my profile completed for a while now. I keep getting an error when entering my phone number. "You failed to verify this phone number. Please provide a different number." This happens even when I put in a new number that's never been used. Now it's saying I have exceeded my attempts. How do I get this fixed?

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you for reaching out to us, Rob.

~ Bojan
Upwork
barrydillinger13
Community Member

I only have a landline and no cell since reception in Alaska is sketchy. I'd like to complete my profile quickly because there is a job just posted today and I'd like to apply. Thanks!

Hi Barry, 

I have shared your concern with the Customer Support Team, and they will reach out to you to assist you further with your concern. 

~ Avery
Upwork

Thanks!

sergei-wallace
Community Member

I am trying to finish my profile but it requires a phone number to verify. It says my phone number is already used, but I don't have access to whatever account is using it. Can someone in support help me validate my account?

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths