🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: Phone Verification Code
Page options
danielle_kress
Community Member

I didn't receive a text message verification code

**Edited to Update - this thread has been closed from further replies due to its size.**

I pushed the verify phone number button and have yet to receive my verication code. Will someone from the admin team please contact me. 

2,981 REPLIES 2,981

Hi Sergei,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly to assist you with your phone verification process. 

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
3dd432a0
Community Member

cant change country while register my profile hence profile not saved without telephone # +1 what to do

i am located in Lebanon and also representative for a US based company LLC, then i choose US as country but later to comple my profile they asked for US telephone# and i don't have. please help in to solve my issue. thank you.

Hiam Matar
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Hiam,

Your Country should reflect the one you're physically located in and can verify it. You may need to talk to a legal tax adviser about how it's best for you to run your business.

Would you like us to update your country to Lebanon?

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
3dd432a0
Community Member

yes dear please change my country to Lebanon. thank you.
Hiam Matar
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Hiam,

Thank you for following up. Your Country was updated to Lebanon. Feel free to add the rest of the information on your profile. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
9ee6667b
Community Member

Hi. I didn't receive a text. Is there a way to do it via Skype? Or another way of veritying. Here's the thing: I have a landline, and I have the Internet. Thus, I can't receive texts.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Alex Vartan,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly to assist you with your phone verification process. 

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
abundance7
Community Member

I have tried to complete profile verification but am not receiving a code.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Tonya,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you directly to assist you with your phone verification process.

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork

I am trying to set up my account and am having the same issue - it says my number cannot be verfied.

Hi Annie,

Thank you for reaching out to us! 

~ Bojan
Upwork
pope-rebecca
Community Member

I am trying to setup my account, but it says that my phone number is already in use.  I have never signed up with upwork before so how do I solve this issue?

Hi Rebecca, 

I have shared your account concern with the Customer Support Team so that they can assist you further.

~ Avery
Upwork
liza-p
Community Member

Hi,

I can't verify my phone number because I never receive the text verification code. 

Thanks!

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you for reaching out to us, Liza.

~ Bojan
Upwork
pibraccus
Community Member

Hello,

I registered to Upwork in 2018 and I never used it. I ended up in Upwork website again now becaue I googled my name and I found out my profile is public. I entered my account trying to modify it but when I apply the changes the website says I should enter my phone number in order to get an auth code and approve the changes. When I enter the phone number, even if it is 100% correct (I tried with the international prefix, without it, with the starting 0 and without it), it gets stuck. I checked from Chrome dev tools the response and it says it's a 400 error with an invalid phone number entered. Is there anyone who can help me? 

Hi Mario,

Thanks for reaching out to us. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank y ou.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Thanks Aleksandar.

jameshogantech
Community Member

Hi There,

I am trying to complete my account as a freelancer but the profile form is telling me that my phone number is already being used by another account. I have checked my phone and it would appear as though I received a text last year for a confirmation code. Unfortunately when I search through all my emails I can't seem to find anything to state that I have created an account.

I have tried accessing my account using my Live, Outlook and GMail accounts. Each one of them states that there isn't an account for these email addresses. I have tried to find a solution to this through the community but what I could see was a link to a locationt to raise a ticket with support, but the link doesn't work any more. As the post was an old-ish one I am guessing things have changed a little since then.

Any help you could provide would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

James

Hi James,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork
mpinkaow
Community Member

I am trying to enter my phone number for the verification text message and as I click the verification button nothing happens. I have tried to do it on multiple browsers and still, nothing has happened. How do I go about this to move forward with my profile?

Hi Monica,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork
derekhaugen
Community Member

I have this same issue. Any thoughts as to a solution?

derekhaugen
Community Member

I need help as well. Thanks, derek

Thank you for reaching out to us, Derek.

~ Bojan
Upwork
maliamalia123
Community Member

This same thing just happenned to me.

What did Support tell you to do?

Thanks so much!

- Malia

Hi Malia,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you directly to assist you with your phone verification process.

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
shani65
Community Member

I want to get my application verified so I can work on upwork but I do not accept text messages to my cell due to the fact that I have been spammed multiple times. Can you please let me know how I can get account verified? Thank you. 

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you for reaching out to us, Salem.

I've escalated your concern to our support team. One of our agents will reach out to you directly to assist you with your phone verification process.

~ Bojan
Upwork
gianninaderosa
Community Member

I cannot submit a proposal because the phone verification does not work.

Thank you for reaching out to us, Giannina.

~ Bojan
Upwork
darkhelven
Community Member

I want to join the site and apply for some jobs but i cant get past the final verification thing because i dont have a mobile phone for it to send a text to.

Please Help

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Darren,

Looks like you were able to successfully complete your verification process. Feel free to reach back to us if you still need any assistance, we're here to help.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
luz-jaimes
Community Member

Hi I entered my phone and didn’t get verification code and can’t continue... Can someone contact me and help with this issue?
mischief37
Community Member

So to make a long story short i tried to verify my phone number in japan a few months ago and now that i am back in the USA I am finally able to set up my account. HOWEVER now it is saying my number cant be verified. I was never able to get it verified in Japan because my accounts registered in the us. Now that i am back i was hoping to register.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you for reaching out to us, Nathan.

~ Bojan
Upwork
carolstafford
Community Member

I have sent a screen shot of my phone verification issue - (says failed in bold red, although the number submitted is correct).  I have not heard back from customer support.  Please advise!

Hi Carol, 

I checked your ticket and can see that the team is currently investigating your concern further. Once they have more information, they will get back to you and reach out to you through the same ticket thread. 

~ Avery
Upwork
thomas_simmons
Community Member

Hi, I also cannot register my phone number. Instead, I get the message "You failed to verify this phone number. Please provide a different number." Will someone please PM me or follow up by calling/texting?

Thank you.

Hi Thomas, 

I have shared your concern with the Customer Support Team and they will reach out to you to assist you further with your concern. 

~ Avery
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths