🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: Profile Verification
Page options
danielle_kress
Community Member

I didn't receive a text message verification code

**Edited to Update - this thread has been closed from further replies due to its size.**

I pushed the verify phone number button and have yet to receive my verication code. Will someone from the admin team please contact me. 

2,981 REPLIES 2,981
nkoubaa
Community Member

I had a created an account sometime ago that i never use, it's tied to my phone # . i can't access that account and I need it deleted, to continue the setup of my new account.

how do i get help from somone that can help, and stop being routed around to usless forums and helpcenter??

Nabil K wrote:

I had a created an account sometime ago that i never use, it's tied to my phone # . i can't access that account and I need it deleted, to continue the setup of my new account.

how do i get help from somone that can help, and stop being routed around to usless forums and helpcenter??

You can't have 2 accounts at the same time or consecutively, so just request a password reset and use the old one. 

Hi Nabil,

Thanks for reaching out to us. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
emilymtrevino
Community Member

Hello I’m having the same issue.. it says my phone number is in use by another account. I have no other account no other number, so someone is using my number and I can’t move any further. Thanks!

Hi Emily,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. Thank you.

~ Joanne
Upwork
75a30ebe
Community Member

Phone number is registered to another account. Just created an account and cannot verify it without getting an error message that my cell phone exists already with another account...

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Christina,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly to assist you with your phone verification process. 

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
75a30ebe
Community Member

Thanks! I haven’t gotten a response yet. Is there a phone number I can call?
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Christina, 

It looks like a member of the Customer Support Team has reached out to you through Support Ticket #27709464. You should be able to access it here, and directly through your email's inbox. Kindly refer to the ticket thread for more information on how this issue can be resolved.

~ Avery
Upwork
1adb985d
Community Member

I am trying to create a new account for my business, but cannot get past the phone number section because it says that my phone number is associated with a previous UpWork account. I need to close whatever accounts were active before (which I don't recall there being any or what email they're associated with), so that I can open this one with no issues. 

Any suggestions? 

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Sara-Beth, 

I'll share your concern with the Customer Support Team so that they can reach out to you and assist you with resolving this issue. 

~ Avery
Upwork
meagangaddis
Community Member

For some reason, when I try to verify my phone number it says it is linked to another account. I don't recall having another account. Can you help please? 

Hi Meagan, 

A member of the Customer Support Team will reach out to you to assist you with your concern. 

~ Avery
Upwork
08f87698
Community Member

I may have created an upwork account but don't recall. I'm unable to complete my account due to my mobile number already being registered. Please help

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Michael, 

I checked your account and it looks like you have already completed phone verification. Are you still being requested to verify your number?

~ Avery
Upwork
08f87698
Community Member

I used a different phone number so I could complete my registration. My
personal cell number is in use and I wasn't able to proceed using that
one. Am I okay to provide that phone number to you so you can look it up?
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Michael, 

For privacy reasons, I wouldn't recommend sharing your number here. I'll share your concern with the Customer Support Team so that they can reach out to you and assist you further.

~ Avery
Upwork
0b96f846
Community Member

Hi

I don't receive a text message when registering. I've tried numerous times. Can you help?

Thanks

James

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi James,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly to assist you with your phone verification process. 

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
adamobx
Community Member

I can't verify my phone number. I'm getting this message: You failed to verify this phone number. Please provide a different number.

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Adam, 

I'll go ahead and share your concern with the Customer Support Team so that they can assist you further with your concern. 

~ Avery
Upwork
uysalserkan
Community Member

I am trying to verify my number but I am seeing this whole time "

You failed to verify this phone number. Please provide a different number."

HI Serkan, 

A member of the Customer Support Team will reach out to you to assist you further with your concern. 

~ Avery
Upwork
collinscarring
Community Member

Hi community 🙂

I'm trying to complete my profile, but I'm stuck when I get to the phone verification. It only gives me the option to get a text message to a US number. I'll currently living outside of the US (in Jordan), and will not be able to get text messages sent to my US number. 

How can I move forward? Is there another way to verify my account? Could a verification code be sent to my email instead, and how would I set that up? I also have a Jordanian number, if there's an option to verify me through that. Any recommendations?

Hi Collins,

Thanks for reaching out to us. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. Please note that a copy of the ticket will arrive in your email as well from where you can continue the correspondence with our team.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Thank you! Still waiting for the support ticket to come through; looking
forward to your assistance.

I too am not receiving the code to complete my phone verification.

Please help!

Hi Martin,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. Thank you.

~ Joanne
Upwork
bruno_gelb
Community Member

can't verify my phone number: sms didn't came. And now it's too many attempts error. Please help me with that?

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Bruno, 

A member of the Customer Support Team will reach out to you and assist you further with your concern. 

~ Avery
Upwork
inn3rstar
Community Member

I recently decided to finish signing up for Upwork (I had an old account that was only half filled out when signing up). My phone number will not work, since it says it wasn’t verified previously so I can’t try it again. I tried my secondary phone number, but when I try to verify it, the number in the box changes to the first one and it says that number won’t work.
edward_hackett
Community Member

Hi,I am unable to verify my phone number in Upwork, so I cannot finish my profile.I am in the USA and my number is a US number.

**Edited for community guidelines**

Thank you for reaching out to us, Edward.

One of our team members will reach out to you directly to assist you with your phone verification process. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
elarroque
Community Member

Hi Upwork team,
I am trying to create a profile but cannot get past the phone verification step. It keeps trying to send the verification code to my US number although I currently have a Singapore number (it also will not let me change the country code when I attempted to input my current number). I cannot submit a request with Customer Support until I verify my phone number... Is there a way to send the code to my email? Any help is appreciated!
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Emmanuelle, 

A member of the team will reach out to you to assist you with more information about your account. 

~ Avery
Upwork
d5c740b6
Community Member

Hi, 

My permanent address is in the US but I live abroad in Vietnam for a large part of the year. My phone number is a Vietnamese number so, I can't get verification code. Can this be done by other means?

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Burnie B,

It looks like you were able to successfully verify your phone number. Feel free to reach back to us here if you still need any assistance.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
theb2bwriter
Community Member

The site will not accept my phone number. It says the number belongs to another account. This is not true.

Hi Bob,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly to assist you with your phone verification process. 

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
tamnle
Community Member

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths