🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Phone Number Verification Issues
Page options
danielle_kress
Community Member

I didn't receive a text message verification code

**Edited to Update - this thread has been closed from further replies due to its size.**

I pushed the verify phone number button and have yet to receive my verication code. Will someone from the admin team please contact me. 

2,981 REPLIES 2,981
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Tam, 

A member of the team will reach out to you with more information about your account.

~ Avery
Upwork
i_le
Community Member

Thank you for letting me know Avery O! May I know exactly how what method the team will contact me, such as through Upwork private message or email?

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Isabella,

Please be reminded that Upwork does not allow users to have multiple accounts. One of our team members will reach out to you directly to further assist you with this concern. 

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
silverowlstudios
Community Member

When creating my profile it ask to input a phone number but when I do it says invalid phone number please try another but I dont have another number.... please help.....

Hi Preston, 

I'll share your concern with the Customer Support Team so that they can reach out to you and assist you further.

~ Avery
Upwork
09b0d164
Community Member

I cannot sign up with my phone number. The system says "This number is being used by another account". 

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Abdulroqeeb,

I checked and it looks like you were able to successfully verify your phone number. Please reach back to us here if you still need any assistance.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
09b0d164
Community Member

I had to use a different phone number separate from the one I intend to use on the platform. Can you still help fix this?
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you for following up, Abdulroqeeb!

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you with your request. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
ae71887a
Community Member

My code for the phone number security thing won't send to my phone and I've resent it a million times. I can't bypass it so what do I do?

Hi Taylurluv,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you with your request. Thank you.

~ Joanne
Upwork
katecalderwood
Community Member

Hello, I am trying to create my freelancing account, but it says my phone number is being used by another account, which I don't believe it is. Please advise.

Hi Kate,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you with your request. Thank you.

~ Joanne
Upwork
coleymac
Community Member

I'm unable to verify my phone number through the create profile page. I'm not getting a code sent via text. Can someone please assist with this matter?

Thanks.

Hi Nicole,

Thanks for reaching out to us. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. Please note that a copy of the ticket will arrive in your email as well from where you can continue the correspondence with our team.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
JoanneP

Hi Damien,

Could you please send me a PM with the details of your other account so I can check? You can PM me by clicking on my name. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork
leah_serinsky
Community Member

Trying to set up my account, but I get a message saying my phone number is already in use? Anyone able to help? Thanks!

Hi Leah,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork
becca_seamons
Community Member

I started a previous account with a different type of work and I no longer have the account information or access to the email that it was set up with.  I cannot complete the set up of a new account because the system flags my phone number as a duplicate and will not allow me to move forward.

Hi Becca,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork

I am unable to complete account set up. After entering my phone number, nothing happens when I press the Verify Phone Number button.
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Jason, 

A member of the Customer Support Team will reach out to you to assist you further with your concern. 

~ Avery
Upwork
eddiejeng
Community Member

The last step of the sign up process is verifying your phone number.

Unfortunatly, I am not receieving the text message.

I've checked my number 100 times, and I've resent it a few times.

I've had similar issues with my phone before, when receiving automated SMSs.  SMSs from a normal number are fine, and I can also receieve calls. Is there a way round this? Can someone just call me, or text me form their phone to verify?

Hi Eddie,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with your phone verification. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
1fd58662
Community Member

I'm trying to create a profile as a freelancer, and am able to receive verification codes by phone if I enable it in my settings. I am not, however, able to receive the code on the same phone as part of submitting my profile for approval. 

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Kelsey, 

A member of the Customer Support Team will reach out to you to assist you further with your concern. 

~ Avery
Upwork
amchew
Community Member

Hi, I'm setting up upwork and on step 10 where I have to enter my phone number for upwork to send me a security code that I can enter. I entered the wrong number but see no option to change it. How can I change it? Thanks!

g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Amanda,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with your verification. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
iamadnanamjad
Community Member

I am trying to verify my phone number with upwork but unfortunately, I can't receive any verification code on my personal number. I checked my number again and again but I put the correct number in the filed. Now the website can't accept that same number. Can you please help me with it?
Thanks 

Hi Adnan,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you directly to assist you with your phone verification process.

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
eba59659
Community Member

It's saying my phone number has been used. Which it has been, but it was an old account I deleted that no longer exists. How can I confirm my phone on my new account?

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Andrew, 

As a gentle reminder, users are not allowed to have more than one freelancer account on Upwork, regardless if the old account is closed, suspended, or the freelancer registration was not accepted. 

I would highly recommend that the old account be reinstated, and the new account be closed to comply with the Upwork Terms of Service.

~ Avery
Upwork
nozwacker
Community Member

Hi, i attempted to make a new account on upwork some time ago but am unable to finalise it due to my phone number being linked to my old one. However i cannot remember the email associated with this account. Could you please let me know which email is associated with the account for the australian number **edited for Community Guidelines**? thank you very much

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Noah, 

As a gentle reminder, please know that users are not allowed to have more than one freelancer account on Upwork. I'll share your concern with the Customer Support Team so that they can reach out to you and assist you further.

~ Avery
Upwork
danvers1
Community Member

Hello

I am experiencing the same problem. I am unable to verify my phone number to complete my profile. Please advise me

Kind regards

Kelly

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you for reaching out to us, Kelly.

One of our team members will reach out to you directly to assist you with your phone verification process. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
tfink419
Community Member

I tried every number possible and multiple browsers. When I set up my account, I get to the end to set up my phone number, and click verify, nothing happens. 

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Tyler, 

I'll share your concern with the Customer Support Team so that they can reach out to you and assist you further. 

~ Avery
Upwork

ditto to all of the above issues with phone verification

Hi Justin,

Do you need any help with your verification? If yes, can you please share more details about the problem you`re experiencing? Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths