cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Can't Set Up Security Phone Number

Highlighted
Andrew M Member Since: Feb 18, 2020
1891 of 2,352

It's saying my phone number has been used. Which it has been, but it was an old account I deleted that no longer exists. How can I confirm my phone on my new account?

Highlighted
Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
1892 of 2,352

Hi Andrew, 

As a gentle reminder, users are not allowed to have more than one freelancer account on Upwork, regardless if the old account is closed, suspended, or the freelancer registration was not accepted. 

I would highly recommend that the old account be reinstated, and the new account be closed to comply with the Upwork Terms of Service.

-Avery
Untitled
Highlighted
Noah Q Member Since: Feb 18, 2020
1893 of 2,352

Hi, i attempted to make a new account on upwork some time ago but am unable to finalise it due to my phone number being linked to my old one. However i cannot remember the email associated with this account. Could you please let me know which email is associated with the account for the australian number **edited for Community Guidelines**? thank you very much

Highlighted
1894 of 2,352

Hi Noah, 

As a gentle reminder, please know that users are not allowed to have more than one freelancer account on Upwork. I'll share your concern with the Customer Support Team so that they can reach out to you and assist you further.

-Avery
Untitled
Highlighted
Kelly D Member Since: Feb 19, 2020
1895 of 2,352

Hello

I am experiencing the same problem. I am unable to verify my phone number to complete my profile. Please advise me

Kind regards

Kelly

Highlighted
Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
1896 of 2,352

Thank you for reaching out to us, Kelly.

One of our team members will reach out to you directly to assist you with your phone verification process. 

~ Bojan
Untitled
Highlighted
Tyler F Member Since: Feb 19, 2020
1897 of 2,352

I tried every number possible and multiple browsers. When I set up my account, I get to the end to set up my phone number, and click verify, nothing happens. 

Highlighted
1898 of 2,352

Hi Tyler, 

I'll share your concern with the Customer Support Team so that they can reach out to you and assist you further. 

-Avery
Untitled
Justin M Member Since: Apr 12, 2019
1899 of 2,352

ditto to all of the above issues with phone verification

Highlighted
Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
1900 of 2,352

Hi Justin,

Do you need any help with your verification? If yes, can you please share more details about the problem you`re experiencing? Thank you.

Untitled
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS