🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: I didn't receive a text message verificat...
Page options
danielle_kress
Community Member

I didn't receive a text message verification code

**Edited to Update - this thread has been closed from further replies due to its size.**

I pushed the verify phone number button and have yet to receive my verication code. Will someone from the admin team please contact me. 

2,981 REPLIES 2,981
fe1e2b18
Community Member

I'm signing up and it says my phone number is being used but it shouldn't be in use this is my only account with Upwork!! I was signing up at an earlier date but I got half way thourgh the process and bailed and I put my number on that so I thought ok I'll try logging into that one and deleting it and so I did but it still says my number is in use and now I can't get into the deleted account to remove it! So I can't proceed with making my first account... 

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you for reaching out to us, Peter.

I've escalated your account information to our support team. One of our agents will reach out to you directly to assist you with your phone verification process.

~ Bojan
Upwork
b049c57c
Community Member

Same problem as everyone else. Not getting a text when I go to verify my phone number.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Jeffrey,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly to assist you with your phone verification process. 

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
msjulieyao
Community Member

In the process of making my profile and ran into an error that says my phone number is used by another account. I checked my email history and it seems I created an account with the same email about one year ago. Not sure how I was able to create a new account with the same email... Looks like there could be a bug in the system? Please help look into this so I can verify via phone number and complete my profile. Thank you.

Hi Julie,

Thanks for reaching out to us. I checked and it seems that the account you are referring to is not registered under the same email address as your newly created one. Regarding your request, one of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. Please note that a copy of the ticket will arrive in your email as well from where you can continue the correspondence with our team.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

I have the same issue

In the process of making my profile and ran into an error that says my phone number is used by another accoun.  Please help look into this so I can verify via phone number and complete my profile. Thank you

Hi Hend,

I shared your request with the rest of our team and one of our agents will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

I have the same issue

Can you help me, please?

Hi Carmina,

Thanks for reaching out to us. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
sunnyliu94
Community Member

I m having the same issue and it just keep saying verification failed the next second i push.

Hi Shimin,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly to assist you in completing your phone verification process. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork
desiree_dixon
Community Member

I can't seem to get to the page that will allow me to delete my own account; I'm getting a bug on the phone number verification page and can't proceed. Will someone please delete this acount I made years ago and never used? Thanks!

I would also appreciate if you could remove this post afterwards as well. Thank you!

Hi Desiree,

I would just like to confirm, are you not receiving the verification code or you are prompted with an error message when you tried to complete the phone verification step? 

~ Joanne
Upwork

Hi, the issue I was having was that I wasn't receiving the verification
code; clicking the button didn't seem to do anything despite trying on
different browsers, trying on mobile, and making sure that the number was
correct.

Hi Desiree,

I shared your concern with the rest of our team and one of our agents already reached out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. Please note that a copy of the ticket arrived in your email as well from where you can continue the correspondence with our team.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
dunbar-jeffrey
Community Member

I get an error that says my phone number is being used by another account. How do i fix this issue?

Hi Jeffrey,

I shared your request with the rest of our team and one of our agents will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. Please note that a copy of the ticket will arrive in your email as well from where you can continue the correspondence with our team.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
2eb3fc20
Community Member

Hello,

I was not able to add my phone number in setting up my account and it says,"This number is being used by another account. Please provide a different number." I did not use this number for any upwork account, can I get some help?

Hi Chris,

One of our team members will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket. Thank you. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
mcau3423
Community Member

Hello.

I've requested multiple times to receive a verification code but I have received no text message. I checked that my phone number is correct and it says the text was sent, but I never received one. I cannot complete my profile without the code. Can anyone assist?

Hi Andrew,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. Please note that a copy of the ticket will arrive in your email as well from where you can continue the correspondence with our team.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

I am also having trouble creating my account because I can't verify my phone number. As soon as I type it in, it says I've failed to verify it, but I have yet to receieve a verification text. Thank you for your help.

Thank you for reaching out to us, Mellisa.

One of our team members will reach out to you directly to assist you with your phone verification process. 

~ Bojan
Upwork

I have requested a verification code in order to set up my profile but am still yet to receive a text message

Hi Alfred,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with your verification code. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi Alfred,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with your verification code. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
4fb26183
Community Member

I have a similar problem.  I keep getting this message that says that my number is being used another account. I want to just verify using my only number. 

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Tomas, 

A member of the Customer Support Team will reach out to you to assist you further. 

~ Avery
Upwork
avalonfms
Community Member

At this moment, I'm not getting any verification code either from phone or from email? And my browser window is still open waiting for the code to come to my email but I notice that the code is only valid for 1 hour and I've been waiting for more than 1 hour now. How am I suppose to put the code when Upwork Verification System sends the code waayy too late for me to enter? Can someone customer support please assist me ASAP I'm waiting I need to get something done now. 

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Arkka, 

It looks like you already have an open ticket with the team. Feel free to update the same ticket thread if you have further questions regarding your concern. On our end, I'll follow up with the team handling your case so that they can get in touch with you and assist you further with your concern. 

~ Avery
Upwork
avalonfms
Community Member

Thanks,

Finally someone another customer service asked me to use different computer different browser and when I did so 4 Verification Codes came through on my Inbox email. I used the latest one and it worked! I guess there was some hicup on your system for sending 4 verification codes at the same time, that explains why I didn't get them for the past few hours ago. All resolved now!

4e83d557
Community Member

Hi, I'm trying to create my profile, but when I get to the end to verify my account, it says my phone number already exists with another profile.  I don't remember if I had a previous account as I've never really used upwork in the past.  I've tried all possible usernames I would have used, but none of them are found as an account. 

How can I get this resolved?

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Michael, 

A member of the Customer Support Team will reach out to you to assist you further with your concern. 

~ Avery
Upwork
taylorl1997
Community Member

I've completed my profile, however when I've typed in my phone number for verification, it says that another account is already using this phone number. I do not have another account and do not know how to proceed!

Hi Taylor, 

A member of the Customer Support Team will reach out to you to assist you further with your concern. 

~ Avery
Upwork
wallacea12
Community Member

I have this issue as well. I put my phone number in and click the green verify button, nothing happens and I don't receive a text.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Amber,

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
raneem-abukoura
Community Member

I am a new user on Upwork that is planning to work as a freelancer. I am trying to set up the new account so it goes to Upwork for approval but I haven't been able to received the verification code. Please note that I am currently outside of the UK.

Thank you in advance for your time and effort.

Hi Raneem,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you directly to assist you with your phone verification process.

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths