🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: Phone number verify glitch
Page options
danielle_kress
Community Member

I didn't receive a text message verification code

**Edited to Update - this thread has been closed from further replies due to its size.**

I pushed the verify phone number button and have yet to receive my verication code. Will someone from the admin team please contact me. 

2,981 REPLIES 2,981

Thank you Goran. 

I have selected the correct country code and area code, etc.  Can you tell me how to select the email option?  Here is a screenshot of where I am at.....

Hi Jennifer,

Our team has reached out to you via ticket, you can access your tickets Here.

~ Goran
Upwork

Having the exact same problem.

Hi TJ,

One of our team members will reach out to you and assist you further.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi, I am having the exact same issue. Can you help?

cylver1z
Community Member

Hello Jorge,

I have escalated your concern. One of our representatives will reach out to you shortly.

Untitled

Hi, I am still having the same issue, can someone help me finish this process?

Hi John,

We'll have one of our team members reach out to you to assist you with the verification code issue very shortly.

~Nina
jacob_techtow
Community Member

Greetings,

I am currently in the process of creating my profile. However, I am stuck at the part where I must use a verification code that is to be sent to my phone. I am using my right phone number but I am just not getting the text message.

Hi Jacob,

I'll forward your concern to our team and one of our agent will reach out to you directly to assist you with verification.

~ Valeria
Upwork

Hello,

I am receiving the same error as Jacob, would you please assist me?

Thank you

Hi Molly, 

The Customer Support Team will assist you further on a Support Ticket. 

~ Avery
Upwork

I too am having this issue. Can you assist me as well?

I’m also stuck at the create profile, verify phone number. I can’t edit my phone number. Please help! I have a lot of job offer from a friend and need to complete my profile soon!!
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Loryll Ann and Jesse,

Our team will reach out to you directly and assist you further with your phone verification process. Thank you for reaching out to us.

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hello, I am having the same exact issue, and I would appreciate some assistance as well, please!

Thank you.

Hi Hannah,

One of our team member will reach out to you via ticket and assist you further on how to verify your phone number. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
jlioto
Community Member

I am also having this issue

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Joseph, 

A member of the Customer Support Team will reach out to you to assist you with your concern.

~ Avery
Upwork

Hi. Is there anyway I can be taken off this thread? My issue was solved.

Thank you,
Megan Quick

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Megan, 

You should be able to change your notification settings by clicking on the cog button on the upper-right hand corner of your Community page, and setting your notification settings accordingly. Let me know if you're unable to do it from your end, and I'll assist you further.

~ Avery
Upwork
beckyholladay
Community Member

Hi, when I started creating my account, I was out of the country and didn't have access to my American phone.  Now I'm back in the States and I'm trying to verify my phone, the same number, and it says verification failed, please enter another number.  This is my only number.  Help?  I submitted two help requests yesterday and I can't tell if either of them went through.  Thanks

Hi Becky,

Sorry to hear about that. Someone from the team will reach out to assist you with this issue. You can access your ticket here. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork

Hi Joanne, thank you but this link is taking me to an old ticket that says the issue has been resolved. It hasn't been resolved. I've tried twice to create follow ups to this old ticket but they haven't gone through.

Hi Becky,

Sorry about that. I checked and saw that a team member already reached out to you about this. Can you please check again? 

~ Joanne
Upwork

Hi,

I have been trying for several days to register my account with upwork, however I cannot complete my profile as every time I get to the phone verification step, I enter in my phone number and the algorithm does not send me a text. I'm not sure what to do as I can't get past this step and move on, and I have been trying for days but have yet to receive any confirmation texts.

Hi Alex,

Sorry to hear you are having an issue receiving the code. Please try clearing your cache and cookies or try using a different browser and then remove and re-add your phone number again before attempting to generate the code. If you still don't receive the code after those steps then let us know and we'll assist further.

~Nina

Hi Nina,

Thanks for the response - I have tried clearing cache, cookies, and another browser, and have added and removed the number. Still no code.

Alex

Alex,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you directly for further assistance.

~Nina

Hello, 

I'm trying to sign up for an account, but I cannot. I put my home country as the United States but I currently live in South Korea. I cannot verify my phone number because I don't have a US one. I have a Korean one. 

Hi Gina, 

I'll go ahead and change your country to South Korea for you. You should be able to proceed with your registration once this has been updated. 

~ Avery
Upwork

Hi! I am trying to register to upwork. I currently live in the Philippines and your website requires me to enter a US phone number. I cannot change the country.

What should I do?

Thank you

Hi Eliseo,

Our team updated your country to the Philippines and now you can verify your phone number with a number from your country. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hello,

I'm having the same issue as I try to set up my account. It says "You failed to verify this phone number. Please provide a different number." However, the number I am entering is my phone number and I never attempted to verify it before. Please advise.

Thank you!

Katie

Hi Katie,

Thanks for reaching out to us. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.  Please note that a copy of the ticket will arrive in your email as well from where you can continue the correspondence with our team.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

I'm also having this same problem with my upwork account. Could a team member get in touch with me in regards to this issue?

Thank you for reaching out to us, Jessica.

One of our team members will reach out to you directly to assist you with your phone verification process. 

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hi Nina,

Still am waiting for someone to reach out about this.

Alex

Hi Alex,

I apologize for the delay in one of our agents reaching out to you.

I've followed up with the team just now to ensure that they reach out to you as soon as possible. Thank you.

~Nina

thank you!

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths