🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Last Step Phone Verification
Page options
danielle_kress
Community Member

I didn't receive a text message verification code

**Edited to Update - this thread has been closed from further replies due to its size.**

I pushed the verify phone number button and have yet to receive my verication code. Will someone from the admin team please contact me. 

2,981 REPLIES 2,981
nalanifarns
Community Member

Trying to add my phone number to my account and it says it is already connected to an account. 

Hi Nalani,

I shared your concern with the rest of our team and one of our agents will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
16f54cd9
Community Member

Hello!
I've spent all attempts to get a message to verify my phone accidentally.

Hi Nurlan,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with your two-step verification. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hello!

Same issue here, if you could help me out!

Kind regards,

Julien

Hi Julien,

Yes, our team will reach out to you via ticket as well and assist you further. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hey, I am having trouble while logging in. I have enabled two-step verification. But from 2 days i am not getting any code on my mobile phone or on my email. 

Thanks

Hi Hammad,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with your code. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi, I am not receiving a verification code via text either

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi James, 

A member of the Customer Support Team will reach out to you to assist you further with your concern. 

~ Avery
Upwork
f317ba35
Community Member

I'm setting up my profile and I cannot verify my phone number -- I never receive the text message code. Tried in Safari, Chrome and Firefox

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Steven, 

I'm sorry for the inconvenience this has caused you. A member of the team will reach out to you to assist you further with your concern. 

~ Avery
Upwork
k_alaisri
Community Member

Hi

I didn't receive a text message to verify my phone number. I tried different browsers and clearing my cache. I entered a random code and now it isn't letting me verify my phone number.

What should I do now?

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you for reaching out to us, Kalai.

One of our team members will reach out to you directly to assist you with your phone verification process. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
k_alaisri
Community Member

Hi

I am having the same issue.

Thanks

howlett_megan
Community Member

I'm setting up my profile and I cannot verify my phone number -- I never receive the text message code. Tried in Safari, Chrome and Firefox

Hi Megan,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you directly to assist you with your phone verification process.

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
bull-meaghan
Community Member

Hi there,

I'm having trouble setting up my freelance account. I'm getting a prompt asking me to verify my phone number. I entered it and then clicked verify, but then recieved an error message - "You failed to verify this phone number. Please provide a different number." I don't have a different phone number to use. Can you help me troubleshoot this?

Thanks!

Meaghan

Thank you for reaching out to us, Meaghan.

I've escalated your account information to our support team. One of our agents will reach out to you directly to assist you with your phone verification process.

~ Bojan
Upwork
stratiev
Community Member

The title is fairly self explanatory. I'd liketo use a non-UK number, even though I'm in the UK. I understand this is needed for identity verification but are there no other ways ?

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Stanislav,

It looks like you were able to successfully verify your phone number. Feel free to reach back to us if you still need any assistance.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
moeed26
Community Member

hi i am not able to add my phone number it says This number is being used by another account. Please provide a different number. I did not use my number for any upwork account

g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Abdul,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with your phone verification. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hello, I am experiencing this as well and need help to set up my account. 

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Jake, 

A member of the Customer Support Team will reach out to you and assist you further with your concern. 

~ Avery
Upwork

Hi, i have the same issue. Could you please help me with that

I cannot enter my phone into the box

Hi Jessica,

We tried to replicate the issue you're referring to but were not able to. Could you please try using a different browser or a computer/laptop to enter your phone number? 

Let us know if the issue persists,

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork
d58789da
Community Member

I am having this same issue as well.  I already tried in a new browser, logging out and logging back in, and clearing and re-entering my number.

I am also having this issue while trying to set up my account. It wont send the text message to my number. No errors or anything, just nothing arrives. thanks!

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Sarah, and Scott, 

A member of the team will reach out to each of you to assist you further with your concern. 

~ Avery
Upwork
c_lesaux
Community Member

Hello!

I'm having trouble finishing setting up my freelance account. After adding the work experience, I get a prompt asking me to verify my phone number. When I type it in and then click verify I recieve this message - "You failed to verify this phone number. Please provide a different number." I don't have an alternate phone number to use.

Is there anything I can do? 

Thanks,
Clemence

Hi Clemence,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with your verification. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi I am having the same issue with my account. When I try to verify my phone number, there is a network/request error. 

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Galang, 

A member of the Customer Support Team will reach out to you to assist you further with your concern. 

~ Avery
Upwork
nicholesteel
Community Member

I'm not getting the required text code to complete my profile...

Hi Nichole,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly to assist you with your phone verification process. 

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
alexdrumheller
Community Member

I am stuck on the last step of setting up my profile. I have not received a text with a verification code and have tried typing my number in multiple times.

Hi Alex,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you directly to assist you with your phone verification process.

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
njhawar_85
Community Member

When I enter my phone number I get the message that the number is used by another account and to please enter another one. This is my phone number. I cannot complete my application. Please advise.

I don't ever remember using up work before. I might have

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths