🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » I can't create an account because my phone nu...
Page options
danielle_kress
Community Member

I didn't receive a text message verification code

**Edited to Update - this thread has been closed from further replies due to its size.**

I pushed the verify phone number button and have yet to receive my verication code. Will someone from the admin team please contact me. 

2,981 REPLIES 2,981
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Neeraj, 

A member of the Customer Support Team will reach out to you to assist you further with your concern.

~ Avery
Upwork
iande95
Community Member

I am having a similar issue. When I enter my phone number it says that the phone number already belongs to another account
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Iyana,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly to assist you with your phone verification process. 

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
rief
Community Member

I have the same problem. I cannot log to my time tracker and it said need to verify my phone by sms, well I didn't get the sms. Tried couple of times including send the code to my email but no luck. Already talk to CS said someone will contact me and I'm still waiting.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Ari,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you with your concern.

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
teena4364
Community Member

Hello, I am trying to finish my profile but it says my cell phone number is aready in use but i only have one account. I cant move forward without it. 

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Teena,

I just checked this for you and it looks like you were able to successfully verify your phone number. Feel free to reach back to us if you still need any assistance, we're here to help.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
nathanweaver
Community Member

I'm also having the same problem.  Can someone from Upwork please help.  Thanks

Hi Nathan,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly to assist you with your phone verification process. 

Thank you for reaching out to us! 

~ Bojan
Upwork
hayoung
Community Member

Hello, 

I am also experiencing the same issue. 

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you for reaching out to us, Christina.

I've escalated your account information to our support team. One of our agents will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you with your phone verification process.

~ Bojan
Upwork
dan-alexandru
Community Member

What's going on, everytime I want to log in and validate profile i get to the phone number verification step but I get the following:

You failed to verify this phone number. Please provide a different number.

I cleared my browser cache, i tried everything,

Hi Dan,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly to assist you with your phone verification process. 

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
paularp
Community Member

Hello,

I didn’t receive a code via text to verify my phone number. Can you help please?
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Paula, 

I'm glad to know that the issue has already been resolved on your end. Please don't hesitate to reach out if you need further assistance with anything. 

~ Avery
Upwork
jessnamdar
Community Member

I'm trying to finish building my profile, but when they ask me to add my phone number it says that it's being used already by another account. I may have an older account but not sure what the username is. is there a way to close that account?

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Jessica,

Please be reminded that Upwork does not allow users to have multiple accounts.  Please click on my name and send me a PM with more information about your old account. I'll check that for you and assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
syrialla
Community Member

I'm also having an issue with verifying my phone number. I'm trying to create my profile and I can't get past the first page (filling out the summary, desired hourly rate, etc.) without the verification. I've tried on several different browsers to no avail. Can an admin please help me with this issue?

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Jessica,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly to assist you with your phone verification process. 

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
jwatsonsmith
Community Member

Im unable to get the security code sent to my phone. I keep pressing verify but the code won't send to my phone. 

Same! It's very frustrating.

Hi Jada and Ross,

Thanks for reaching out. One of our team members will reach out to you directly to assist you with your phone verification process. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
e5ddd657
Community Member

I input my phone number, but I was never sent a verification code to finish signing up. Can someone please fix this?

Hi Eliana,

Thanks for reaching out to us. I shared your concern with the rest of our team and one of our agents will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
tyler52wang
Community Member

I tried to create an account, but my phone number already attached to another account that I cannot access, because I don't know any details about it.

Hi Tyler, 

A member of the Customer Support Team will reach out to you to assist you further. 

~ Avery
Upwork

Im having the same issues but am unable to get in contact with a real person to help me solve this issue

Thank you for reaching out to us, Jasmine.

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you with your verification process. 

~ Bojan
Upwork

I know, it's seriously frustrating because it doesn't seem like there's any option to recover based on your phone number, and on top of that, the support ticket seems almost inentionally difficult to navigate. I can't find an option that just says something like "can't find your problem? Submit a ticket here."

Hi Tyler, 

It looks like you have already verified your phone number. If you need further assistance, please let us know and we'll gladly help you.

~ Avery
Upwork
391050d9
Community Member

I am almost complete with my profile creation but when I enter my cell phone number it says that the number is already in use by someone else. I have tried to login/recover a previous account I may have made but none of my other email addresses come back with an account.Is there a way to remove my phone number from whatever other account is using it so I can complete my profile?

Thanks,

Amanda Shryock

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you for reaching out to us, Amanda.

~ Bojan
Upwork
ssexton88
Community Member

Help with phone number verification: I recently logged in to my account after several months and I was instructed to build my profile again. I completed the information, but when they asked for my phone number to text me a verification code, I repeatedly get the message: "phone number associated with another account". This is the same number I used when I originally registered. It's the only phone number I have. Why does the website allow me to login, but doesn't recognize my number? Help! I can't go any further in the process!

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Sabrina,

Please be reminded that Upwork does not allow users to have multiple accounts. Could you please click on my name and send me a PM with more information about your first account. I'll check that for you and assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
chloegregory75
Community Member

I'm trying to set up my profile and when I try to enter my number to verify it, I get an error message saying "You failed to verify this number. Please try a different number." My number was set up today and I know that it's active. I'm not sure how else to verify my number? Thanks.

Hi Chloe, 

A member of the Customer Support Team will reach out to you to assist you further with your concern. 

~ Avery
Upwork
0cb44c3b
Community Member

I am unable to verify my phone number. It says it's a duplicate and a code was not sent to my phone number. Is there a way to disbale this and send verifications via email?

Thank you,

Hi Oleksandr,

Thanks for reaching out to us. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

I am not receiving a text message verification code and as a result I can not complete my profile.  Tried reentering my telephone number and resending request several times, but no text received.

Hi Joseph, 

I have shared your concern with the Customer Support Team and they will reach out to you to assist you further with your concern.

~ Avery
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths