🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: Not receiving verification code
Page options
danielle_kress
Community Member

I didn't receive a text message verification code

**Edited to Update - this thread has been closed from further replies due to its size.**

I pushed the verify phone number button and have yet to receive my verication code. Will someone from the admin team please contact me. 

2,981 REPLIES 2,981

Hi Jerzy,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork
betsyraina82
Community Member

I'm trying to finish setting up my account and at the bottom of the page it asks for my phone number to send a verification text. I enter it and it says the number is being used by another account. I'm not sure how to get around this. This is the only number I have and there doesn't seem to be any other way to verify the account.

Hi Betsy, 

A member of the Customer Support Team will reach out to you to assist you further regarding your concern. 

~ Avery
Upwork
harper_claire
Community Member

Hi, I've tried several times to get the identity verification code sent to my phone, but I haven't received it. Without it I can't finish editing my profile - can you please help? 

Hi Claire, 

A member of the Customer Support Team will reach out to you to assist you further. 

~ Avery
Upwork
mjn2405
Community Member

I'm unable to submit my mobile number. It's showing issue with format for mobile number. I'm from india. Can someone please help?
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Madhav,

Please try adding the phone number in this format "(country code) phone number" without the plus (+) sign for the country area, make sure to wrap the country code in brackets and add a space between the country code and the phone number.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
mjn2405
Community Member

I'm not able to submit my mobile number. Ive tried everything. Please help.

What will be the proper format. im from india

suelauklala
Community Member

Hello I'm facing a problem when verifying my phone number. I have tried different phone number, however, none of them seems to work as it always says I have failed to verify this phone number? 

Thank you for reaching out to us, Suela.

One of our team members will reach out to you directly to assist you with your phone verification process. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
charles617
Community Member

Not receiving the pin via text to verify phone number...tried multiple times
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Charles,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you directly to assist you with your phone verification process.

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
freyssinier-jp
Community Member

Hello,

I have tried a number of times using Chrome and also in the Android app, but once I enter my phone number and click on "Send verification code" nothing happens.

Please advise.

Thank you,

Jean Paul

Hi Jean, 

I apologize for the inconvenience this has caused you. A member of the Customer Support Team will reach out to you to assist you further with your concern. 

~ Avery
Upwork
derekv1
Community Member

nevermind . problem solved.

jdmcmullin
Community Member

When I choose the option to send a confirmation code to my cell  phone, the button does not work.

I've tried different web browsers.

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Josh, 

A member of the Customer Support Team will reach out to you to assist you further with your concern. 

~ Avery
Upwork
burkemary2014
Community Member

Hello, on the "Create profile" page when I click the button to verify my phone number nothing happens, so I cannot move forward in creating my account. I've seen many other people have had this issue What can I do?

Hi Mary,

A member of the Customer Support Team will reach out to you to assist you further.

~ Avery
Upwork
hendersonkristin
Community Member

Hello

I am trying to create new profile. it asks to verify phone number and I enter in my cell phone number click okay, then it says " You have not verified that number. please enter a new number" without sending a notification. I enter in a different phone number and it does the same thing. 

Hi Kristin,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly to assist you with your phone verification process. 

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
iwando
Community Member

hello

There is an issue for Set a security phone number

Next, you'll be asked to verify your phone number for added security.

+1 XXXXXXXXX

You failed to verify this phone number. Please provide a different number.

Hi Shahriar,

Thanks for reaching out to us. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
micjamesf
Community Member

Hello Upwork,

I have just start Upwork today but i cant able to verify my mobile number.

Can you please help me out?

Thanks.

Hi Michael,

I shared your concern with the rest of our team and one of our agents will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
58d96fc9
Community Member

I keep requesting the text verification code to complete my profile. It is not being sent. My phone can get texts from other sites, but not yours. I would think that something is not working on your end.

Hi Amber,

I shared your concern with the rest of our team and one of our agents will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
designwiggle
Community Member

I can't get a pin verifiication either soooo I can't complete the registration process.

Thank you for reaching out to us, Dan and Stone.

I've escalated your account information to our support team. One of our agents will reach out to you directly to assist you with your verification processes.

~ Bojan
Upwork
ca0fc08a
Community Member

I have entered my number and have note received any verification code by text or call. Can someone please fix this issue.

achi22
Community Member

Hi, 

I am trying to set up my profile and I am not receiving the verification code. I have checked and rechecked that I have entered the correct phone number and tried to reload the page, but am still receiving nothing. 

Hi Annie,

Thanks for reaching out to us. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
collin-proctor
Community Member

I am trying to complete my profile but the verification code won't sent, what do I do

Hi Collin,

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork

I am experiencing the same issue. Thanks.

Hi Micheline,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you directly to assist you with your phone verification process.

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
rubenrocasseo
Community Member

I'm trying to sign up to Upwork and i am not receiving the verification code via text to proceed with my sign up process. I have seen that this has been a big issue for a lot of people in the past. Please can someone help me get this sorted??

Thank you for reaching out to us, Ruben.

~ Bojan
Upwork
lambo1990
Community Member

I am trying to set up my Upwork account, but it will not send me a text verification code. I've tried on multiple browsers along with clearing the cache and cookies. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks!

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you for reaching out to us, Mike.

I've escalated your account information to our support team. One of our agents will reach out to you directly to assist you with your phone verification process.

~ Bojan
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths