🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: Phone Number Verification Error
Page options
danielle_kress
Community Member

I didn't receive a text message verification code

**Edited to Update - this thread has been closed from further replies due to its size.**

I pushed the verify phone number button and have yet to receive my verication code. Will someone from the admin team please contact me. 

2,981 REPLIES 2,981
ebenedictwrites
Community Member

I have entered my correct phone and country code numerous times but never receive the verification code - now it says I've exceeded the number of attempt and my profile won't let me complete until I verify my phone.... I seem to be stuck in a loop... Please help?

Hi Emily,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you directly to assist you with your phone verification process.

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
marissa-cantu
Community Member

Hi, 

I am having the same issue. I tried several times and still did not receive the text verification code. 

Thank you for reaching out to us, Marissa.

One of our team members will reach out to you directly to assist you with your phone verification process. 

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hi, the above mentioned Community user suggestions to receive an text
message verification for completing my profile were not successful. I hope
this can be resolved in a timely manner. Thank you.

Hi Marissa,

I checked your account, and I can confirm that one of our agents already reached out to you directly to assist in adding your phone number. Please check your ticket number: 28660456. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork
blevay
Community Member

Hi there! I have created an account but when I enter my phone number to receive a verification code, it does not work.

Hi Brianna,

Thanks for reaching out to us. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
masterminor
Community Member

When I click contine it shows a pop up where I input my number. But when I press verify nothing happens. It doesn't change the page at all or have any indication I clicked verify even though I do. Can someone help me?

Hi Destiny,

Thanks for reaching out to us. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Hello, when creating my profile I can't verify through my phone number, the verification button does not work. I was hoping that this issue could be resolved so that I can continue creating my profile. Thank you.Upwork issue.JPG

Hi Amie, and Kathy,

Amie, one of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further with the verification.

Kathy, could you please let us know how we can assist you? Are you too having issues with receiving the text message verification code?

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Yes, it does not send me a verification code. And I cannot receive those
via text.

Hi Emily,

One of our team members will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork
marshk98
Community Member

emilycarlson722
Community Member

I am trying to verify my phone number but it says it's being used by another account. Please help immediately. Thank you. 

Hi Emily,

One of our team members will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork
nyujay
Community Member

Hello, I am in the process of creating an account but when I reach the last window to enter in phone information, I get a message that says a phone number already exists. I don't know how that can be considering I never created an account before. Can anyone please assist me in resolving this matter? Thank you very much. - Jason

g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Jason,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with your application. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

I'm having the same issue. It's saying I can't use my phone number as it is already associated with another account. But I have not created another account. 

Hi Jeanette,

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
jkangx322
Community Member

I am trying to sign up for Upwork, but it says my phone number is already in use. Could you delete the existing one?

Hi Jigon,

I shared your concern with the rest of our team and one of our agents will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
75cb5f18
Community Member

This is my first time signing up for Upwork (and using my information). My phone number is relatively new as well.

I was going through the sign up process and it notified me that my phone number is being used by another account (again this is my first time ever using Upwork).

How do I correct this issue and remove my phone number from the account that I've never known about?

Thanks in advance for all of your help

Hi Kim,

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
couplescoach
Community Member

I'm re-igniting my profile:

After updating my photo

your site asks for my phone number

and when I enter it

it says i've not confirmed it

it will not let me continue

it will not accept my phone number

"You failed to verify this phone number. Please provide a different number."

please help

Hi Theresa,

I shared your concern with the rest of our team and one of our agents will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
rachel-fearon
Community Member

Hello,

I am trying to activate my account and after I provide my mobile number (with country code), clicking "Verify Phone Number" does not do anything. The window does not close and I have not received a text message. Is there any way to get this to send?

Thanks!

Thank you for reaching out to us, Rachel.

One of our team members will reach out to you directly to assist you with your phone verification process. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
13b9043e
Community Member

Signed up to upwork, not receiving the text message verification.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you for reaching out to us, Enmanuel.

One of our team members will reach out to you directly to assist you with your phone verification process. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
dcorcoran89
Community Member

I to am having this issue please help. And thank you in advance.

**Edited for community guidelines**

Hi Desirea,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you directly to assist you with your phone verification process.

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
dcorcoran89
Community Member

Please someone help me I am creating my profile and it gets to my mobile number which is predilled I try and change it (since it says to provide another number) but once I type in the new number and hit verify it refills with old number and its a nightmare of a circle I cant get out of. Wah wah someone please help me so i can get my profile posted.

**Edited for community guidelines**

luchsinger-paola
Community Member

I can't complete my profile because it says my mobile phone number cannot be verified.

Thank you for reaching out to us, Paola.

I've escalated your account information to our support team. One of our agents will reach out to you directly to assist you with your phone verification process.

~ Bojan
Upwork
39f3e120
Community Member

Whatup, I haven't received the code for my cellphone folks? I'm new here.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you for reaching out to us, Adam.

~ Bojan
Upwork
2d0cf88f
Community Member

I have problem about "Enter security code".I got 6-digit code from your text message, but web asked "Enter 5-digit code here". I just get error message.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you for reaching out to us, Chisa.

One of our team members will reach out to you directly to assist you with your verification process. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths