🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Verifying a telephone number
Page options
danielle_kress
Community Member

I didn't receive a text message verification code

**Edited to Update - this thread has been closed from further replies due to its size.**

I pushed the verify phone number button and have yet to receive my verication code. Will someone from the admin team please contact me. 

2,981 REPLIES 2,981
cf38e81d
Community Member

Hi,

I did not receive the phone number verification code to complete my profile registration. Please can someone help?

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Chinazo,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you directly to assist you with your phone verification process.

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
mollyschommer
Community Member

Hi there! I’m trying to create a profile as a freelancer, and the text isn’t being sent to verify my phone number. I’ve triple checked and I’ve put the correct number in. How can I get my phone number verified?

Thank you for reaching out to us, Molly.

One of our team members will reach out to you directly to assist you with your phone verification process. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
908a0eaf
Community Member

It said that my phone number is already used. How should I do?

Hi Sitao,

Thanks for reaching out to us. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
davis-oveana
Community Member

I'm trying to register my phone number to my account but it keeps telling me that my number is already in use with another account. Can this be fixed?

Hi Oveana,

I shared your concern with the rest of our team and one of our agents will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
f5c44cc7
Community Member

Hi , 

I have been trying to confirm my phone number but I do not receive text messages to confirm my phone number. Can you help me please

Hi Amelia,

One of our team members will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork
494fa0c2
Community Member

Hello, I am creating an account as a freelancer and I'm on the final step. It tells me my phone number is in use, but that shouldn't be the case. Now I am stuck and cannot seem to continue.

Hi Michael,

I've shared your concern with verifying your phone number with the team. One of our team members will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork
4a9b98cd
Community Member

Hi. My name is Dilshod. I'm a freelancer.  I'm want to verify the telephone number. 

Hi Dilshod,

Phone verification isn't an option available for all users on Upwork. If you are required, you will receive a notification requesting you to do so. Thank you.

~ Joanne
Upwork
tlunsford8
Community Member

I signed up for the wrong account, I signed up for a client account instead of a freelancer account. I closed the client account and opened a freelancer account but now it says that my phone number is being used by another account. 

How can I fix this?

Hi Timothy,

Thanks for reaching out to us. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
valelopezmusic
Community Member

I can’t seem to verify my phone number even though I haven’t used it before. Help please !

Hi Valentina,

It looks like you were able to successfully verify your phone number just recently. Feel free to reach back to us if you still need any assistance.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
iurii_r
Community Member

I want to add for account verification my phone (one linked to PE) but I can't add it due to invalid country code.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Iurii,

Could you please clear your cache and cookies or log in with another browser to check if you`re still experiencing the same issue? Let us know if the issue persists. Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
iurii_r
Community Member

Thank you, Bojan but I don't have changes after I clear cache - to be specific - I want to edit a "span.country-code"  element but it is locked and I can't edit it.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Iurii,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly to assist you with your verification process. 

Thank you for your patience. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
alexdorn
Community Member

Hello,

I am having this same issue, can someone from the support team please contact me?

Thank you,

Alexandra Dorn

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you for reaching out to us, Alex.

One of our team members will reach out to you directly to assist you with your phone verification process. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
sydshearer14
Community Member

I created my account yesterday and it says my phone number is being used by another account--I used to have a different Upwork account that I went in and deleted yesterday, but it still won't let me put my phone number in my new (this) account.

Sydney S wrote:

I created my account yesterday and it says my phone number is being used by another account--I used to have a different Upwork account that I went in and deleted yesterday, but it still won't let me put my phone number in my new (this) account.

That's because you are not allowed to have another account. You need to delete your new account and have our original account opened again. That (the original account) is the only account you are ever allowed to have.

Hi Sydney,

Please be reminded that Upwork does not allow users to have multiple freelancer accounts. Please click on my name and send me a PM with more information about the account you closed. I'll check that for you and assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
ali_khalid_007
Community Member

Hi there, 

I have a problem with my phone number. I have added a new phone number in profile but it still showing an old number while login from a new device. I don't have that number now. So, each time I have to go to Gmail to get the code. 

Please send me the solution.

Thanks 

Hi Mamoon,

One of our team members will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork
s_schroff
Community Member

I am trying to set up my profile but cannot verify my phone as I am not recieving the text message with the PIN. The phone number entered is correct. I have re-entered the same number several times. I no longer have the option to resend the text. I'm not sure how to proceed.

Hi Savannah,

~ Joanne
Upwork
joe_mushailov
Community Member

Hello,
Apologies if this is the wrong subforum for this question.

I am trying to confirm my account and the last step is verifying my phone number. Back when I tried to make the account I didn't have my phone on me and now I'm permanently locked from verifying one. Every time I type in an alternate phone number, the verification says I failed to verify. I've tried so many different phone numbers and it just clears them and then puts in the old one. Any way I can reset this so I can put my original number in?

Hi Iosif,

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
20a088cd
Community Member

Hello,

I'm trying to finish my registration and I get the message:

This number is being used by another account.

I can't remember having another upwork account. Could you please help me with this? I can't find any place to contact customer support. 

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Michael,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you directly to assist you with your phone verification process.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
w2k_team
Community Member

Dear assistant:

I'm blocking on the last step of registration. I can not use my cellphone number to finish that.

The informtion shows that my number already been used, and I tried all my e-mail address and possible password, but it did not work. Could you please help me to fix that ?

Thanks so much

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you for reaching out to us, Yixin.

~ Bojan
Upwork
6951343f
Community Member

I must've created an old Upwork profile in the past.

I am trying to create a profile now, and it says my phone number is currently in use under another profile. I have no idea what that old profile could be or what email address I used, but I am unable to move forward as I am not able to enter my phone number.

Any advice?

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Beth,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you directly to assist you with your phone verification process.

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
sgw144
Community Member

I need help verifying my phone number as well, it seems like a profile was made with my phone before

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths