Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Phone number issue. If any assistant can help

Highlighted
Iosif M Member Since: Jun 1, 2020
2411 of 2,719

Hello,
Apologies if this is the wrong subforum for this question.

I am trying to confirm my account and the last step is verifying my phone number. Back when I tried to make the account I didn't have my phone on me and now I'm permanently locked from verifying one. Every time I type in an alternate phone number, the verification says I failed to verify. I've tried so many different phone numbers and it just clears them and then puts in the old one. Any way I can reset this so I can put my original number in?

Highlighted
Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
2412 of 2,719

Hi Iosif,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly to assist you with your phone verification process. 

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Untitled
Highlighted
Michael M Member Since: Jun 1, 2020
2413 of 2,719

Hello,

I'm trying to finish my registration and I get the message:

This number is being used by another account.

I can't remember having another upwork account. Could you please help me with this? I can't find any place to contact customer support. 

Highlighted
2414 of 2,719

Hi Michael,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you directly to assist you with your phone verification process.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Untitled
Highlighted
Yixin H Member Since: Jun 2, 2020
2415 of 2,719

Dear assistant:

I'm blocking on the last step of registration. I can not use my cellphone number to finish that.

The informtion shows that my number already been used, and I tried all my e-mail address and possible password, but it did not work. Could you please help me to fix that ?

Thanks so much

Highlighted
2416 of 2,719

Thank you for reaching out to us, Yixin.

One of our team members will reach out to you directly to assist you with your phone verification process. 

~ Bojan
Untitled
Highlighted
Beth R Member Since: Jun 2, 2020
2417 of 2,719

I must've created an old Upwork profile in the past.

I am trying to create a profile now, and it says my phone number is currently in use under another profile. I have no idea what that old profile could be or what email address I used, but I am unable to move forward as I am not able to enter my phone number.

Any advice?

Highlighted
2418 of 2,719

Hi Beth,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you directly to assist you with your phone verification process.

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Untitled
Highlighted
Shamshawan W Member Since: Jun 1, 2020
2419 of 2,719

I need help verifying my phone number as well, it seems like a profile was made with my phone before

Highlighted
Joanne Marie P Moderator Member Since: Nov 26, 2017
2420 of 2,719

Hi Shamshawan,

I checked your account, and I can confirm that our team reached out to you regarding your concern with verifying your phone number. Please log in to your account, and kindly check your ticket number: 28811584. Thank you!

-Joanne
Untitled