cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error: phone number being used by another account.

Highlighted
Chelsey I Member Since: Aug 28, 2020
2611 of 2,719

I am having the same issue. My mom had my number previously and now has a new number, we both have accounts so I had her update her account to her current number and I am still unable to enter my current phone number in. I would have thought having her update her phone number would have made my number available to use for my account.

Highlighted
Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
2612 of 2,719

Hi Chelsey,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you directly to assist you with your phone verification process.

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Untitled
Highlighted
Stephanie E Member Since: Jun 7, 2020
2613 of 2,719

I'm trying to finish my profile but can't verify my account because it says my phone number is being used by another account. I've looked through all the community help and haven't found any helpful information on how to solve this problem. Please help.

Highlighted
Aleksandar D Moderator Member Since: Mar 23, 2019
2614 of 2,719

Hi Stephanie,

Thanks for reaching out to us. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Untitled
Highlighted
Audrey H Member Since: Jul 3, 2020
2615 of 2,719

I'm having the same problem, and I don't think I have an Upwork account already. I looked through my other email addresses and don't see one. Can you have a team member help me too?

Highlighted
2616 of 2,719

Hi Audrey,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you directly to assist you with your phone verification process.

~ Bojan
Untitled
Highlighted
Jacob O Member Since: Aug 15, 2020
2617 of 2,719
It won’t let me do anything past this point because my phone number won’t work, but I haven’t used it before.
Highlighted
Aleksandar D Moderator Member Since: Mar 23, 2019
2618 of 2,719

Hi Jacob,

I shared your concern with the rest of our team and one of our agents will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Untitled
Highlighted
Matthew T Member Since: Aug 24, 2020
2619 of 2,719
I have been having this same problem and now way to resolve it. Can you put me in contact with a support agent?
Highlighted
2620 of 2,719

Hi Matthew,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly to assist you with your concern.

~ Bojan
Untitled