🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: Phone Verification Code
Page options
danielle_kress
Community Member

I didn't receive a text message verification code

**Edited to Update - this thread has been closed from further replies due to its size.**

I pushed the verify phone number button and have yet to receive my verication code. Will someone from the admin team please contact me. 

2,981 REPLIES 2,981

Hi Shamshawan,

I checked your account, and I can confirm that our team reached out to you regarding your concern with verifying your phone number. Please log in to your account, and kindly check your ticket number: 28811584. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork
sgw144
Community Member

Yes, I haven't been called yet and it's been almost 12 hours
40bf14d3
Community Member

Hi, I have tried several times, and the verification code is not coming through and I have no way to confirm my phone number and thus get work. Help?

Hi Haley,

I’ve shared your concern with the team. One of our team members will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork
remco89
Community Member

Guys, what the hell is going on. i want to get paid and Im getting this stupid unrealistic requirement.

Hi Remco,

I'm sorry for the trouble that you're having while adding your phone number. Could you please try adding the phone number in this format "(country code) phone number" without the plus (+) sign for the country code, make sure to wrap the country code in brackets and add a space between the country code and the phone number. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork
giada_n
Community Member

Hi

This is my account (https://www.upwork.com/o/profiles/users/~014b77311a1bce10c2/) but I can't access it because I'm still creating it but I get to a point where I'm asked "

Next, you'll be asked to verify your phone number for added security" and "For added security, enter your phone number and we’ll text you a security code to verify it’s you. Messaging rates may apply."

However, when I enter it and select 'verify', I don't receive any text at all, so I'm stuck.

I can't access that account or do anything else on that page.

What shall I do? 

Thank you!

Hi Giada,

Thanks for reaching out to us. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
3916d470
Community Member

I currently live abroad and do not have a US phone number anymore. How do you suggest going through the verification process when signing up as a freelancer?

Seona J wrote:

I currently live abroad and do not have a US phone number anymore. How do you suggest going through the verification process when signing up as a freelancer?

You have to use the country you reside in, so you don't need an US phone number, but a local one anyway. 

Hi Seona,

I shared your concern with the rest of our team and one of our agents will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Hi Aleksander I'm trying to get the 5 digit verification code sent to my phone without any luck - I've been round the website looking for a way to resolve the problem. Can you please get one of the agents to contact me please? The whole process seems ridiculous!

Thanks,

Tom

Hi Tom,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with your verification code. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
deardipu
Community Member

I am attempting to verify my phone number, but I am not receiving the code. Could you please help me?
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Md Nazmul Hasan,

I checked this for you and it looks like your phone verification has been enabled and no additional verification was requested. Feel free to reach back to us if you still need any assistance, we're here to help.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
deardipu
Community Member

Yes. It is verified now. Actually I got the verification code after this post.

Thank you.
f03faebb
Community Member

I'm having the same issue as OP. Can you help?

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Ethan,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly to assist you with your phone verification process. 

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
piyushpatel974
Community Member

Hi, 

My mobile number is associate with other account, because of this i cannot compete my two step security verification in phone

Can give the link of that account so i can contact the concern person.

It may be accosciate with this agency - https://www.upwork.com/agencies/~019b53910364fbc582

Thanks

Piyush

Hi Piyush,

I’ve shared your concern with the team. One of our team members will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork
pearson19
Community Member

I'm trying to set up my Upwork profile but can't get past the phone number verification stage. Every time I click to verify, nothing happens.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi James,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly to assist you with your phone verification process. 

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
carreoneleazar
Community Member

Hello, I began working on my profile a while back, but never came back to this until recently. I have been attempting to complete the 'create profile' prompts, but when I attempt to continue onto the next prompt "set security phone number" it is not letting me enter my new phone number. Each time I attempt to add my new phone number, it deletes this and my old phone number appears with the message "You failed to verify this phone number. Please provide a different number."

**Edited for community guidelines**

Thank you for reaching out to us, Eleazar.

~ Bojan
Upwork
4c42f835
Community Member

It never sends me a text or a code, please fix so I can setup an account
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Scott,

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
joshuabrown219
Community Member

Same, could I please have some help as well?

Hi Joshua,

One of our team members will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork
lilianavasquez
Community Member

I’ve tried 3 different browsers and none of them have sent me a verification code via text for my phone number. Is there something I’m doing wrong?
89a6d63e
Community Member

I created an account here years ago, but when I tried to log in with the email I used back then, it didn't pull up an account. So, I started a new account, only to find that my phone number is still associated with a previous account that I am unable to access. Is it possible to close the previous account, or to reinstate it fully so I can log in and update it?

You may contact Upwork support they are very helpful, They can give you the best solution.

Hi Katherine,

~ Joanne
Upwork
86980f7e
Community Member

Hi! I am having the same issue

beth_dillard
Community Member

I tried creating and Upwork profile, but I didn't receive the security code message on my phone.

Hi Beth,

It looks like you were able to successfully verify your phone number. Feel free to reach back to us if you still need any assistance. 

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
cori_r
Community Member

When I log in, I'm asked to enter my phone number, but I recieve an error that my phone number is being used by another account. I'm logging in with my usual UpWork email and password. How can I change my settings? Reset my account? Delete a duplicate account?

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Cori,

Please be reminded that Upwork does not allow users to have multiple accounts. Could you please click on my name and send me a PM with a username and email address of the account you're referring to. I'll check that for you and assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
r_alexandre
Community Member

New to Upwork and already super frustrated. I can't verify the account because Upwork web site will not send verification code text. Can not resolve the issue in the "community" chatbot or in their online content and NO CONTACT number or email. I wasted 2 hours of my time and probably will choose an alternate site because this is my first experience.  Verry frustrated.

Hi Renee,

I'm sorry for the inconvenience this has caused you. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. Please note that a copy of the ticket will arrive in your email as well from where you can continue the correspondence with our team.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
cmv112
Community Member

Hi, there's a problem verifying my phone number. It said I would receive a message but I never received it. Now it says there's a mistake and I should contact support for help.

Thanks in advice for your help,

Carlos.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths